House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Clever People  Rent

Property Guru and his alter egos

I just got SKY+ installed today.

What better way to try recording one programme whilse watching another?

Can slow mo them titty shots :o - Thats after I watch Liverpool march on to the next round of the CL.

MMmmmmmm ..... Beenie!!! :rolleyes:

TB

Good one !!! Beeny fantastic babs and the other one if she was my landlady I'd give her payment in kind if you know what I mean !!!!

Ok lets say she owns 7 properties or sells up and makes half a million.

So what she was jammy and just got lucky. It no big deal any of us could have done that but we are not that stupid.

A friend and I were commenting about this yesterday when talking about the 1980s. We commented how people just 4 or 5 years younger than us - we are both 39 - are oblivious to what happened as most were still in school and only know about it if their parents were out of work. Similarly, people just 4 or 5 years older than us also do not understand it unless they or a close relative were affected by it.

Henece, you have an awful lot of people who have no idea what is coming.

Yeah I remember the last recession in the early 90's under the conservatives. The Tories shafted everyone hard, interest rates 15%, repossessions 10 times current levels, unemployment double current levels. people forget how bad it was.

I think Gordon Brown is an idiot even though the economy has grown continously under Labour for 8 years.

But if Brown is a donkey what does that make the Tories who buggered it up 10 times worse than Labour ????

I can't believe the defeatist attitudes that have been shown on here with the Nationwide results. You have to EXPECT all the VI's especially the MORTGAGE LENDERS to show a positive spin about the state of the market. If you read the bbc reporting of it, I actually think its very bearish.

THe HEADLINE had to be property prices up but then they sort of apoligise and say "stop, dont think everything is ok, coz it isn't". This is talking down the market but using figures (from god knows where) to show a positive side to a bad situation.

The other point I want to make is that considering we have had an interest rate drop 3-4 months ago. Only being a 0.3% rise is FANTASTIC. The VI's and EA's thought the IR cut was the thing that would spur the market from a heavy decline - IT DID NEXT TO NOTHING!

The positive figure on the report is probably due to the fact that the majority of the properties selling are the HIGHER prices properties as they are getting the BIGGEST discounts. There for the TOP end of the market is the only area that seems to be a little bouyant. As we know the bottom and middle rungs are the masses and they are doing absolutely shyte!

Chin up - They have no other reasons to talk the market up now - they have had their IR cut - what can they use now??

TB

Good post. ok all the surveys are showing prices up and mortgage approvals are up to June 2004 levels. So what its just VI spin !!!

ok even if prices are rising so what. If the HPC takes another 5 or 10 years or even 15 years we can wait for it.

The defeatist attitude shown in the face of the nationwide report is not good. I mean if we dep down don't really believe there will be a HPC how can we expect Joe Public too !!!!! ?????

It very sad reading this thread to see bears (who are often quite intelligent) in denial that the house price crash is not occurring. I have always been bearish 2003 - 2005 now I need to accept based on the available evidence I called the market wrong.

Gently rising house prices is NOT a sign of a HPC.

We have now had ODPM, 2 times Halifax figures, rightmove and nationwide surveys all showing an upturn in the market. Approvals for new mortgages are at June 2004 levels. Its clearly a trend of stability staganation / slow growth.

I always knew deep down when Land Reg figures Q2 2005 were slightly higher than Q1 in 2005 for average house prices that this was not conssitent with a HPC.

The two things that annoy me most are one that I have wasted 2 years renting waiting for a HPC and almost annoyingly is that bloody Property Guru seems to have been proved right in his predicitons of no HPC.( I had been looking forward to go and laughing at him at SP but it looks like he has had the last laugh.Damm! Damm!)

It very sad reading this thread to see bears (who are often quite intelligent) in denial that the house price crash is not occurring. I have always been bearish 2003 - 2005 now I need to accept based on the available evidence I called the market wrong.

We have now had ODPM, 2 times Halifax figures, rightmove and nationwide surveys all showing an upturn in the market. Approvals for new mortgages are at June 2004 levels. Its clearly a trend of stability staganation / slow growth.

I always knew deep down when Land Reg figures Q2 2005 were slightly higher than Q1 in 2005 for average house prices that this was not consistent with a HPC.

The two things that annoy me most are one that I have wasted 2 years renting waiting for a HPC and almost annoyingly is that bloody Property Guru seems to have been proved right in his predicitons of no HPC.( I had been looking forward to go and laughing at him at SP but it looks like he has had the last laugh.Damm! Damm!)

I always knew deep down when Land Reg figures Q2 2005 were slightly higher than Q1 in 2005 for average house prices that this was not consistent with a HPC.

Guest Bart of Darkness
It very sad reading this thread to see bears (who are often quite intelligent) in denial that the house price crash is not occurring.

No mate. What is sad, really sad is someone having to reply over and over to his own thread because nobody else will.

God it must be lonely being a troll.

Guest Charlie The Tramp

No mate. What is sad, really sad is someone having to reply over and over to his own thread because nobody else will.

God it must be lonely being a troll.

The Moderators took all his posts from various threads and posted them here.

Guest Bart of Darkness

The Moderators took all his posts from various threads and posted them here.

Thanks for clarifying that Charlie.