House Price Crash Forum

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if any of the 'guests' in the studio will accept that without much more building, or a HPC, that their kids will never own a house.

The old fella interviewed in Stamford thinks it'll all 'sort itself out.'

I like the reference to 63 y.o. NIMBYs with too much time on their hands. :)

Edited by deflation

I am liking this housing minister blokey.

This is well worth a watch or iplayer if you are reading this later.

Nick Boles MP is acknowledging some of the fundamental issues with Britains housing crisis. F'ck me!!

Edited by pl1

Planning minister.

Yes, I choked on my pancake* when others on the thread suggested Mark Prisk, the Housing Minister, was saying such things. Mr Boles is a much less powerful minister.

Reshuffled away at the earliest opportunity?

ASDA instore cinammon, I only bought them cos they were on reduced at 20p. Never buy them, they are utter, utter rubbish. Freezer clearout dictates that I had to face them tonight.

Edited by cheeznbreed

Wow! Can't remember a minister ever speaking like that :o

First impression - Really like the guy.

Nick Boles (I never heard of him before) is the only person in this wretched government (well maybe Teresa May/Gary Mckinnon) who has spoken so much sense and come across like a real heavyweight intellectual and good guy. He was even doing Paxmans job for a good few minutes. I wish they could clone him and put him in treasury, DWP, health and trade&industry. He makes everyone else in the government look pretty weak.

I wonder if any of the 'guests' in the studio will accept that without much more building, or a HPC, that their kids will never own a house.

The old fella interviewed in Stamford thinks it'll all 'sort itself out.'

I like the reference to 63 y.o. NIMBYs with too much time on their hands. :)

I almost wet myself with laughter when he said that!

I find it truly amazing that there are people out there like him that so blindly oppose something that they themselves would be secondary or tertiary beneficiaries of??

Tax receipts, pensions linked to equities not to mention grand-children etc. These things all rely on a vibrant working age population. Without cheaper housing their number will clearly fall as they seek opportunity elsewhere.

The media needs to help shake the tree, the mortgage free don`t help the banks make loans, the lack of turnover in the housing market doesn`t help the government to take the credit for creating jobs, those who own free and clear or have small maneagable mortgages will be pushed to take the hit to get things moving again.

Nick Boles (I never heard of him before) is the only person in this wretched government (well maybe Teresa May/Gary Mckinnon) who has spoken so much sense and come across like a real heavyweight intellectual and good guy. He was even doing Paxmans job for a good few minutes. I wish they could clone him and put him in treasury, DWP, health and trade&industry. He makes everyone else in the government look pretty weak.

He seems good. He's brave to take on the Boomer/Beeb/Builder Battalion.

Until it appears on Iplayer, there is a small clip of the piece here.

Open land can solve housing shortage, says minister