House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dipstick

What's Happening?

Hello All :)

Been away a few weeks since buying and since I'm now on dial up it seems to take me ages to get into the site.

It's been interesting to see things from another perspective I must admit.

Don't quite know how to put this......but.......there is a large proportion of people out there who are quite happy in their homes. i.e. the ones who bought years ago on affordable or nil mortgages. They don't CARE what is happening to everybody else. In fact people like you (me, us) are just rocking the boat. Would you stop making folk feel uncomfortable please? Don't tell them horrible things cos they just don't like it. In future try and remember to only talk about nice stuff and tell people things they want to hear. They won't like you otherwise. You really must try and learn to stay in your box.

On the property front I have to admit that other than in my own little world (i.e. rural stuff) I haven't got a clue what is happening. What I do know is that I now have access to a tv and when I switch on I am still seeing a bucket load of idiots apparently making a fortune out of property investment. This is all history to you lot but since I've only just got a telly it's news to me. I'm presuming that most of the programmes are old though.

What I can say is that up here in rural Scotland, country properties over 150k are struggling to sell. 100k - 150k you have a reasonable chance and under 100k still flies off the shelf in double quick time. So the market for those looking to get away from it all is still pretty buoyant.

Anyway still hoping to keep peeking in to get a realistic perspective on life but struggling with the dial up and a bit busy mending roofs and sorting out animals.

Keep up the good work!

Hello All :)

Been away a few weeks since buying and since I'm now on dial up it seems to take me ages to get into the site.

It's been interesting to see things from another perspective I must admit.

Don't quite know how to put this......but.......there is a large proportion of people out there who are quite happy in their homes. i.e. the ones who bought years ago on affordable or nil mortgages. They don't CARE what is happening to everybody else. In fact people like you (me, us) are just rocking the boat. Would you stop making folk feel uncomfortable please? Don't tell them horrible things cos they just don't like it. In future try and remember to only talk about nice stuff and tell people things they want to hear. They won't like you otherwise. You really must try and learn to stay in your box.

The little recesssion on the way doesn't really care about people's comfort zones.

Or when they bought their house.

"Oh go away you horrible recession, we don't like your kind around here. "

Somehow I don't think that's going to work.

But that is exactly the way they are thinking BandWagon.

What does it say on George Monbiots website: Tell people something they like and they will love you for it - Tell them something they don't and they will hate you.

We have turned into a nation that has believed the hype to such an incredible extent that they really believe they can be protected from anything. Nasty stuff has to be shunned at all costs and problems belong to other people. I think a lot of folk are in for a really, really, big shock.

By the way thanks to you all for keeping me sane in the big, bad, times. Before finding this site I began to think I was the only person who thought the world had gone mad!

We have turned into a nation that has believed the hype to such an incredible extent that they really believe they can be protected from anything. Nasty stuff has to be shunned at all costs and problems belong to other people. I think a lot of folk are in for a really, really, big shock.

AKA 'It's different this time.'

The economy has been walking on water for a long time this time round, I'll admit. But that doesn't mean that it won't sink eventually. Perhaps the strength of the denial will prefigure the strength of the panic.