House Price Crash Forum

Tony Blair Has Only Months Left

Sledgehead

HOLA441

Morgan reckons that Blair is on his way out and Brown is getting really impatient. Apparently he got this from the Brown horses mouth. Apparently a lot of back benchers are gravitating to the heir apparent ...

Diane Abbott says there are stirrings in the Brown camp (she is a Brownite).

Michael Portillo says Blair is focusing on silly policy issues, just like Thatcher b4 she was ousted ...

Both Diane and Michael have very good records on this sort of stuff...

HOLA442

Morgan reckons that Blair is on his way out and Brown is getting really impatient. Apparently he got this from the Brown horses mouth. Apparently a lot of back benchers are gravitating to the heir apparent ...

Diane Abbott says there are stirrings in the Brown camp (she is a Brownite).

Michael Portillo says Blair is focusing on silly policy issues, just like Thatcher b4 she was ousted ...

Both Diane and Michael have very good records on this sort of stuff...

Yep, just watched it and both of them are very good. Mainly because Diane won't take the party line and Michael doesn't have to.

But did you notice the Diane slip up. When asked why a certain(missed the name) mp when offered the Blunkit job refused, imediately answered , 'because he's not that stupid'. This was to the more general point that labour mps are gearing up for a leadership change and do not want to be tainted with carying through unpopular legislation. ;)

HOLA443
HOLA444

Blair may be going for the "back me or sack me" strategy for next week's vote on the Terrorism Bill and he is likely to get defeated.

I hope he does get defeated. I'm sick and tired of theis government trying to take away our liberties under the excuse of terrorism. It's a form of bullying. :angry:

HOLA445

I hope he does get defeated. I'm sick and tired of theis government trying to take away our liberties under the excuse of terrorism. It's a form of bullying. :angry:

Yes I think you are right. Anyway f*ck the "war on terrorism", lets have a "war on bullying" or "war on abuse" instead - far more worthwhile.

HOLA446

I don't know about this. Labour could well destoy itself in the next few months.

It seems that Blair is freed of another election and wants to do the things he always wanted without worrying about facing the electorate. And everybody else in the party wants to be re-elected and curry favour with Brown.

This leave Blair on his own but a hell of a lot of damage could be done in the period before he leaves office.

Whether you love him or loathe him, it is spectacularly selfish for Blair to be pushing for his own opinions regardless of anybody else and this reveals just how egotistical he really is. That his place in history is more important than the Labour Party/movement is pretty poor form.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

TB actually apeared live on a football discussion program this morning on BBC1 ! He was talking about the fortunes of Manchester United. Obviously trying to come over as a regular geezer but as usual he had a mega great big smile. I am sure he has a narcisistic personality disorder resulting from a deficiency in the empathy department of his brain but this deficiency is compensated in the brain by amazing energy and conventional intelligence. It is a common phenomina for people with a screw loose in one department to be very good in other departments. I have met quite a few people like that. Blair is very good at compartmentalising his activities so whatever he does he can immerse himself into 100% - obviously a natural actor and attention seeker. Originally TB tried to be a pop star but as that failed he tried politics to be a scenario to be centre of attention in.

Archived