House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
New Darker Law

Question Time - David Cameron

First off, he ain't no hero of mine (you getting that The Dude?)

Anyways, both prospective Tory leaders are on QT right now.

Talk turned to engaging young people and Cameron mentioned high house prices and young FTBs never getting on the property ladder.

I nearly fell off my chair that this was even mentioned so kinda missed the rest/jist of it.

Anybody else see it who would like to comment?

NDL

Talk turned to engaging young people and Cameron mentioned high house prices and young FTBs never getting on the property ladder.

I nearly fell off my chair that this was even mentioned so kinda missed the rest/jist of it.

NDL

By the time politicians will do something to favour FTBs, market forces will have resolved the issue.

There is not point in tracking what they are planning to do. Sipps will have no effect on the market, new council/social housing will not be build (who wants to pay for it?) and people will learn to live with the fact that they lost their shirt in the gratest Ponzi scheme of the last 100 years.

id ignore anything the slimy coke snorting silver spoon privelliged minion says.

only if its a vote winning issue (therefore getting yer man in power) will he bother mentioning it.

the day you take soundbites from politicians is the day you admit you are gullible.

might as well queue up to hear prescott mantion affordable housing proposals, then cough up a 50-50 housing association deal of no value, while cutting down swathes of knackered local housing in places such as burnley.

cleaning up areas by making sure no young people can live there.

noth are tozzers of the highest quality.

NDL

I didn't see it all, but the bit I saw was 15 seconds when David Cameron said about high house prices and young FTBs never getting on the property ladder. Apparently you can view it again on the bbc website.. if you have broadband... I don't :angry:

Actually QT has turned my views on both candidates... verbally I think David Davis came out the leader, whch I wasn't expecting.

By the time politicians will do something to favour FTBs, market forces will have resolved the issue.

There is not point in tracking what they are planning to do. Sipps will have no effect on the market, new council/social housing will not be build (who wants to pay for it?) and people will learn to live with the fact that they lost their shirt in the gratest Ponzi scheme of the last 100 years.

This is the prefect reason why this inane belief in 'Market forces' is so damaging to people acutally taking action - lobbying and supporting polticians who will alter the situation.

There are no 'market forces' which will cause a property crash - why have they not crashed due to inflation like the past? (I agree there are cirumstances that could cause higher interest rates - but that does not automatically mean a crash to the extent people believe)

Edited by brainclamp

Market froces are a crock. Yeah, we all know the market will crash, but years of property price inflation causing misery is not the way to go. What if the house market had 50 year cycles? Price out a couple of generations: 'It's ok - your Grandkids migth afford a house, judging by our charts'.

After this crash, everyone should demand major reform of credit so speculation with vast amounts of freshly-created borrowed cash is simply impossible.

Want a but-to-let? Make sure you have a 90% deposit. Want to borrow 6 times you income? Make it illegal. MEW? Restrict it. Housing still too high? Build more cheap-as-chips social housing and ring fence a large proportion of it for people working to a avoid the incentive to make yourself appear as poor as possible to get any help.

Market froces are a crock. Yeah, we all know the market will crash, but years of property price inflation causing misery is not the way to go. What if the house market had 50 year cycles? Price out a couple of generations: 'It's ok - your Grandkids migth afford a house, judging by our charts'.

After this crash, everyone should demand major reform of credit so speculation with vast amounts of freshly-created borrowed cash is simply impossible.

Want a but-to-let? Make sure you have a 90% deposit. Want to borrow 6 times you income? Make it illegal. MEW? Restrict it. Housing still too high? Build more cheap-as-chips social housing and ring fence a large proportion of it for people working to a avoid the incentive to make yourself appear as poor as possible to get any help.

Good post.