House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sledgehead

France

Clearly it's only in the suburbs, but these kids are angry about not getting a share of the country's wealth. They want jobs, housing and money and they are living in a country where direct action is almost institutionalised.

"Muslim immigrants in the suburbs "must be given the conditions to live with dignity as human beings", not in "disgraceful squats". "

French police sent to riot towns , 03/11/05

_40977524_parisshop_ap203b.jpg

Fresh violence hits Paris suburbs , 03/11/05

Anger grips Paris riot suburb , 01/11/05

Wonder what Rosie Millard makes of this ("my flat is in the exclusive area!")

Clearly it's only in the suburbs, but these kids are angry about not getting a share of the country's wealth. They want jobs, housing and money and they are living in a country where direct action is almost institutionalised.

"Muslim immigrants in the suburbs "must be given the conditions to live with dignity as human beings", not in "disgraceful squats". "

French police sent to riot towns , 03/11/05

_40977524_parisshop_ap203b.jpg

Fresh violence hits Paris suburbs , 03/11/05

Anger grips Paris riot suburb , 01/11/05

Wonder what Rosie Millard makes of this ("my flat is in the exclusive area!")

No, they're just angry. I used to work in Saint Denis. They'd rob you before look at you, they're young, male, muslim and angry. Just like our lot.

Let the immigrants in to your couuntry for a better life because they are being 'persecuted' in their own country and if you returned them they will be 'killed' (COUGH *BULLSH*T* COUGH).

Then once they are in, they bring in most of the crime. Not only are the french seeing 9 days of rioting from the immigrants, but what about birmingham, what about the turks offloading millions of pounds of cocaine every month.

I think its about time we tried to get a society together again rather than let the imigrants make money from drugs, prostitution and other crime.

All they know is how to fight as it is all they have witnessed and done all their lifes.

Call me racist, i believe its realism though and I dont believe in PC viewpoints. Like Blunkett I shoot from the hip. Ill walk now because of my dodgy expenses.

We had better get used to it. In the next few decades we can expect to see Western Europe become like a giant version of Northrern Ireland, except that instead of Irish nationalists vs. Unionists we will have more diverse cultural groups battling it out with anyone who is different.

kinda sorry I parked this thread here, given the racist tone of some of the posts. I was just watching the 24 and saw a bunch of youths banging on about no jobs and no houses. Kinda thought it appropriate. Thanks to the racist stuff it's now been moved to off-topic, which is probably a good idea.

Shame however as it is very much housing related and no less off topic than the rentier society thread. My feeling is th eriots demonstrate how daft the rentier theory is.

Let the immigrants in to your couuntry for a better life because they are being 'persecuted' in their own country and if you returned them they will be 'killed' (COUGH *BULLSH*T* COUGH).

Then once they are in, they bring in most of the crime. Not only are the french seeing 9 days of rioting from the immigrants, but what about birmingham, what about the turks offloading millions of pounds of cocaine every month.

I agree. But it might not be their fault. Its called epigenetics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epigenetics#The_modern_view

Need to stop these people coming in FULLSTOP. Look at Canada, they cherry pick oh yeah and you need money. All those bubble jacket wearing armenians etc. are skint. They stay with relatives or some other dodgy person and doss about. They only people that should be let in this country are those with

a) money

B) education

Much better chance of integration with an educated minority than a uneducated majority. And for all those people who say "What about all the shit jobs" make chavs do them, or young offenders, they get paid but part of the punishment is doing the shit job-- might learn something then. Like look at London now, some parts you can't even buy an English newspaper. What language you speak--you're sure to find someone speaking the same there.

Thanks to the racist stuff it's now been moved to off-topic, which is probably a good idea.

Saying it like you see it is not racist – immigrants cause all sorts of problems – like the increase in TB is directly linked to immigrants (and mostly one type) – should we not blame them as it would be raciest – personally I don’t think anyone has been racist yet just realist

It's too easy to say 'racist'. I'd be the first to argue with knee-jerk anti-immigration bigots. I like having lots of diversity - for example here in London. But we have to recognise and respond to problems caused by ghettoisation and perhaps an over-tolerance of religious customs and practices which may be normal in Asia or Africa but are not acceptable in Europe. To face up to this is not racist.

These parts of Paris (I know them a little) are in some ways similar to our northern enclaves in places like Oldham or Bradford. We need to be less tolerant to be more tolerant and a starting point is to face up to the problem without woolly language.

I don’t think anyone has been racist yet

Oh really???

Let the immigrants in to your couuntry ....they bring in most of the crime.

If that's not racist (or at least an evocation of racist stereotypes) I'm a marzipan teapot.

Oh really???

If that's not racist (or at least an evocation of racist stereotypes) I'm a marzipan teapot.

Without some proof of crime figures he can not be called a racist

Obviously more white people commit crime in England than blacks as whites out number blacks (at the moment)– but taken as a percentage I was lead to believe that more crime is done by blacks (from what I heard / in my opinion)

(As a percentage I mean if you had 10 black and 100 white you would have to multiply black crime by 10)

Without crime figures it’s impossible to say if it’s wrong or right although he should have put in my opinion.

Show me the proof that immigrants don’t commit more crime in this country and I would then ask him to explain why he thought that, but he is still entitled a opinion and without proof otherwise I will presume he is right.

I personally heard that in London the police arrested 9 blacks in every 10 arrests – but they could not publish the figures as that would be called raciest.

All the about is in my opinion and have just used Black / White to simplify thing instead of naming all the colours / countries / other variations individually

Without some proof of crime figures he can not be called a racist

Obviously more white people commit crime in England than blacks as whites out number blacks (at the moment)– but taken as a percentage I was lead to believe that more crime is done by blacks (from what I heard / in my opinion)

(As a percentage I mean if you had 10 black and 100 white you would have to multiply black crime by 10)

Without crime figures it’s impossible to say if it’s wrong or right although he should have put in my opinion.

Show me the proof that immigrants don’t commit more crime in this country and I would then ask him to explain why he thought that, but he is still entitled a opinion and without proof otherwise I will presume he is right.

I personally heard that in London the police arrested 9 blacks in every 10 arrests – but they could not publish the figures as that would be called raciest.

All the about is in my opinion and have just used Black / White to simplify thing instead of naming all the colours / countries / other variations individually

My Father-in-law votes BNP. I think you and he would have a lot in common. You have raised some fair points, but not all immigrants are like those you describe. Some (granted only a percentage) come here and work, not sponge. What percentage of (White) chavs ever do a days work?

Swings and roundabouts.................

My first hand experience of immigrants (god knows where they are from not overtly religious thank god) is really positive. We used to have cleaners here that were local. You have never seen such fat lazy gits in your life. They all thought they were owed something never did any work and just stood around smoking. Anyway they got the boot and we have had a bunch of immigrants working here for the last year. The place is spotless they are really nice guys. They clean like my mum on speed and seem to have pride in their work. I would swap a million of them for the chav scum we have in our country.

That said people have called me racist because I do not support uncontrolled immigration, or multiculturalism which is just segregation if you ask me. People who come here should integrate or f*** off

That said people have called me racist because I do not support uncontrolled immigration, or multiculturalism which is just segregation if you ask me. People who come here should integrate or f*** off

Well said – although that is only one part of the problem

There is still to many coming into the country at the moment, it should be a worked out number allowed in they should also have to pay (obviously not in all cases) for a medical / police checks and have references.

They also should have jobs to goto before they can come in.

I only have one black friend –I have no problems with him at all – but in general I would not stop to help pick up a black person. You could say I am racist by saying I don’t like black people but it is just my experience of them – just like saying I don’t like dogs – there not all bad but my experience is some bite, more so than cats so I will stick with cats

It doesnt really come as any surprise that theres been race riots/killings in Denmark, Holland, Birmingham and now France - this cultural clash has been inevitable for some time.

Multi-culturalism quite clearly doesnt work (yes I know its un-PC to say that, but its fact). Immigrants simply have to intergrate into society (which can work, but I think only on a smaller scale).

Its worrying that immigration continues into the UK at record levels, so clearly we can look forward to much of what is happening now in France in the near future.

Oh and I think Turkey (90%+ muslim) now has as good as zero chance of EU membership!

Some interesting comments on this issue on the BBC 'Have your say' section of all places!;

http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread.jsp...0718paginator