House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GAL BEAR

Bairstows Methinks They Doth Protest Too Much!

<_<

BAIRSTOWS of ROMFORD have enormous sign in Window - something along the lines of......

QUIET MARKET !!!

We don't think so !! DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE !

(or something along those lines)

They have put in the window every house they have sold with SSTC on each picture.

(ABOUT 30 HOUSES I GUESS)

What is amusing is that i was only thinking a couple of days ago that the window had loads of

houses in the window that had been in there so long they had faded in the sun!!

These have now all presumably been sold then !!!! :D

BAIRSTOWS IF YOU ARE READING THIS YOU DON'T FOOL ANYONE.

(AND I KNOW YOU DO READ THIS!!)

<_<

BAIRSTOWS of ROMFORD have enormous sign in Window - something along the lines of......

QUIET MARKET !!!

We don't think so !! DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE !

(or something along those lines)

They have put in the window every house they have sold with SSTC on each picture.

(ABOUT 30 HOUSES I GUESS)

I pity the person who could possibly fall for such a lame and predictable sales tactic.

The one near me had 'first time buyers bonanza' recently, christ knows what that meant.

They've changed it now to some other pile of shite"

What they're put a sign under a picture of a house saying "some other pile of shite"? They'll never sell them if they take that attitude...

Edited by Bedsprings

According to the land registry, completed sales over the first two quarters of this year are down 36% compared to last year. My postcode, surprisingly, is TW11. Teddington Middx.

Now a 36% drop in business obviously isn't good for an estate agency (yeah I know - it would bring a tear to a glass eye...).

Anyway, one agent up the high street put a Job vacancy notice in the window last January - just in time for the decidedly unbouncy spring bounce.

This advert stayed there well into the summer and was starting to go a bit yellow so they had to replace it. It's still there now.

Ten months looking for a negotiator - maybe they are picky? Or, more likely, they are trying to make it look like business as usual.

Yeah, 36% drop in business....

(I admit that noticing such things does make me a bit of a sad act). :(

BTW, it looks like some land registry data is due soon?

What they're put a sign under a picture of a house saying "some other pile of shite"? They'll never sell them if they take that attitude...

Oh...I don't know, sometimes honesty pays! :blink:

At least the punters are informed in advance it's a pile of shite!

Edited by StandupBcounted

yeah they should have put some other over priced pile od shite"

its the speachmark that is circumventing the anti swear word thing ;)

We keep seeing these 'scummy EA' threads popping up but do any of you REALLY expect an EA to come right out and say "Buy something or we'll go bust", "it's even worse than the last time this happened",etc ?

You've more chance of seeing honesty on a CV....

Buckers

:lol::lol::lol:

This is Bairstow Eves right, the major estate agency and earner in the Countrywide PLC group right? The Countrywide PLC that issued its 6 month interim results in August with operating profit down to £2m for the six months in 2005 from £42m in the same period 2004....The same Countrywide whos chairmans speech presenting the results described the 2004/2005 housing market to shareholders as "quite simply appalling". You don't get that in the shop window.

See for yourself. Perhaps the full year results will be improved to reflect this latest miraculous upturn in the market. Not. But this says a lot in the meantime given that they cover half the country.

http://www.countrywideplc.co.uk/investor_r...urrent_year.asp