House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

libitina

I'm Puzzled

OT I know but just a quick question. I'm at college at the moment so typed the web address in and came on here. How does it know I'm me? I'm logged in still from home but obviously this is a different isp address........... :huh:

Is big brother watching me?

OT I know but just a quick question. I'm at college at the moment so typed the web address in and came on here. How does it know I'm me? I'm logged in still from home but obviously this is a different isp address........... :huh:

It recognised your tongue.

YES.. beware...only joking. Have you ever used the college computer before to visit this site?

YES.. beware...only joking. Have you ever used the college computer before to visit this site?

No, I don't think so...?

*looks over shoulder*

If I knew your password, I'd be you.

Beauty, danger and point of 'web, use any 'puter, anywhere.

Remember to delete your temporary files, cookies and history from public access 'puters.

Oh, yes your usage on a college computer may be monitored, mainly for "naughty" stuff.

Edit.

Ref "naughty" stuff, be aware that links that give you slightly dodgy things may come from a site with worse on but it can appear you have accessed the worse things.

Folk have got into real problems in workplaces because of this.

Hence the oft used 'net code "worksafe".

No, I don't think so...?

*looks over shoulder*

If you have used the college computer to access this site before (maybe you have but forgot) it could have saved your password/log in details etc. Remember it doesn't have to be the exact computer - just the college net work.

veru odd. you must have used it previously for it to have remembered your password.

your cookie cant follow you from computer to computer.

also, it proves no one else at college is using HPC.

typical blinkered, lending students.

Your login details will be stored in a cookie, a small file that is dropped onto the pc, and copied to a server when you logout at college. If you have viewed HPC at college before, the cookie will be stored on the pc and copied to and from the server at college if you login and logout of windows...

If you have used the college computer to access this site before (maybe you have but forgot) it could have saved your password/log in details etc. Remember it doesn't have to be the exact computer - just the college net work.

It is likely that you would use a "roaming profile" in a college environment so that you are presented with the same set up on any machine there.

Your profile would hold your cookies.

Your cookies hold your log in details to this site

:D

Picture you are sitting on a tube of toothpaste, and you want to shape that tube in a slight arc around the circle. To shape the tube you need to gently mold the tube with a push from inside leg while supporting or shaping the outside of the tube or bend with the outside leg. This is what you have to do in order to produce the movement you want out of the tube; keep the toothpaste to the front!

And then there is free, flowing, forward movement . . . Picture a steady flow of toothpaste coming out of the cap of the tube squeezed forward from your legs and seat.

Be sure to keep all the toothpaste from the back of the tube pushed forward. I always get a rise see the toothpaste oozing out of the tube.

You can add to this concept by pointing out that your hands gently catch that toothpaste before it comes out of the tube and recycles it back through your body hence the notion of simple contact.

It's just amazing how many illustrations you can come up with using that tube of toothpaste. Let your imagination go, and try out a few other ideas. Visual imagery can be a persuasive and productive tool in your teaching.

What are they on about - must keep yer teeth clean?