House Price Crash Forum

Politically motivated witch hunt hits snag

Game_Over

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, but I think the op is missing the point somewhat. I'm not saying I'm on top of the issue, but this whole thing is deeper, darker and dirtier than any of us would ever care to imagine. What it absolutely and unequivocally ISN'T about is left/ right politics.

Hands up anyone who thinks child abuse is a Tory-specific issue and who hasn't thought at some point over the last few weeks about those Dunblane documents being locked away for ever and a day...

2rxuph2.jpg

Entwistle has resigned. Lord Patten next?

From the BBC website:

"Caroline Thomson is the favourite to become the new director general of the BBC, according to Ladbrokes. The bookmaker is now quoting Thomson, the BBC's former chief operating officer, as the favourite to replace him at 5/2, followed closely by Ofcom chief executive Ed Richards at 3/1."

He's carrying the can, but the ones before him had overseen the shambles they are at the moment.

Newsnight presented tonight by someone I've seen before !

No Paxman, no Walk, no Esler.

And the presenter can't get anyone from the BBC to comment !

Eddie Mair steps in now and again, usually when the rest are on their hols. Mostly on R4, he's got a good sense of humour.

Paxman is 62, must have a good pension built up by now and may go soon (maybe not if he's freelance!). He must have a few quid from his books too.

Do we have any reason to suppose this individual is or isn't a credible witness? Clearly the media reporting this think he is, but none of them have explained the basis for it.

Today's story seems to blow a hole in it: is it even remotely credible that any police occifer interviewing a victim in such circumstances would've told him the identity of the individual identified? Let alone that he was such a prominent public figure.

Any cursory checks show that the 'evidence' was wholly unreliable.

I am not going to say anything about this individual because it is unnecessary to do so.

The BBC just could not resist the opportunity to put Thatcher Era Tory and child abuser in the same sentence.

:blink:

The last person I saw drawing parallels with the phone hacking scandal was the Labour MP Tom Watson...

As for why the BBC chose to lash out at the Conservative Party, rather than alleged nonces in Labour or the Lib Dems, it could be because it's in government at the moment. Was the choice easier because of the biases in some sections of BBC management? Possibly, but so what? As I already mentioned, this material would very easily cross party lines.

Unrepentant New Labour sympathisers in the BBC wanting to bring the subject of politicians and child abuse to public attention? Nope, can't see any potential problems with that strategy down the line. No sirree.

And it is about child abuse. The allegations of what happened in North Wales have not been put to rest by this balls up. The BBC just confused the issue by outing the wrong man. Well, actually it didn't, did it? It didn't name anyone.

Personally, I don't give a toss about the fate of the BBC, the Conservative, Liberal or Labour parties. A plague on all their houses afaic.

If its about child abuse, not politics

perhaps you could explain why the BBC never investigated the rampant child abuse taking place in the NW of England all through the Labour years.

I don't suppose the fact that the community responsible are solid Labour Party supporters has anything to do with it.

In fact the raking up of the North Wales case at this time could be seen as a blatant attempt by Labour to take people's attention away from the abuse that went on unchecked when they were in power.

If its about child abuse, not politics

perhaps you could explain why the BBC never investigated the rampant child abuse taking place in the NW of England all through the Labour years.

Comical.

I don't suppose the fact that the community responsible are solid Labour Party supporters has anything to do with it.

In fact the raking up of the North Wales case at this time could be seen as a blatant attempt by Labour to take people's attention away from the abuse that went on unchecked when they were in power.

You aren't serious, surely?

Yo aere making political points about political point making on this issue?

Shame on you. I know you are true blue to the point of idiocy, but ******s sake man.

Comical.

You aren't serious, surely?

Yo aere making political points about political point making on this issue?

Shame on you. I know you are true blue to the point of idiocy, but ******s sake man.

And how exactly am I meant to point out it was entirely politically motivated without being political ???????

:)

And how exactly am I meant to point out it was entirely politically motivated without being political ???????

:)

The political motivations are to anyone with any moral sense whatsoever completely irrelevent.

We are talking about children being raped. Why people want it looked at shoudln't matter the slightest toss.

The political motivations are to anyone with any moral sense whatsoever completely irrelevent.

We are talking about children being raped. Why people want it looked at shoudln't matter the slightest toss.

You are missing the point entirely.

Are you not concerned about the victims of child abuse in the North West? because according to the recent BBC article I linked to, this abuse is still happening.

The issue was raised by the BNP for political reasons and it was ignored for years for political reasons.

Apart from the charity workers involved, no one in authority gave a toss about the victims because tackling the problem would be too politically damaging.

What you don't seem to realise is that it is largely political considerations that prevent these issues being dealt with.

You are missing the point entirely.

Are you not concerned about the victims of child abuse in the North West? because according to the recent BBC article I linked to, this abuse is still happening.

The issue was raised by the BNP for political reasons and it was ignored for years for political reasons.

Apart from the charity workers involved, no one in authority gave a toss about the victims because tackling the problem would be too politically damaging.

What you don't seem to realise is that it is largely political considerations that prevent these issues being dealt with.

If the abuse in th eNorth West is still happening, then I'm sure the Tories will do something about it as they are in power.

If the abuse in th eNorth West is still happening, then I'm sure the Tories will do something about it as they are in power.

They are - people have been jailed

but more will have to be done.

They don't want to deal with this issue because it is a hot potato

but they WILL deal with it

because it wont lose THEM any votes.

They are - people have been jailed

but more will have to be done.

They don't want to deal with this issue because it is a hot potato

but they WILL deal with it

because it wont lose THEM any votes.

So not a problem then. Tories in power for 2 years already and for another 3, so it will be investigated ifurther f it needs to be.

So not a problem then. Tories in power for 2 years already and for another 3, so it will be investigated ifurther f it needs to be.

Not sure when the investigation started but it must have been fairly soon after the election given how slow the wheels of justice grind in this country.

The point is, why didn't Tom Watson demand an inquiry into this when Labour were in power?

Why didn't Labour have a further investigation into the North Wales abuse scandal when they were in power?

The whole thing is politically motivated IMO.

But it is likely to backfire spectacularly.

Not sure when the investigation started but it must have been fairly soon after the election given how slow the wheels of justice grind in this country.

The point is, why didn't Tom Watson demand an inquiry into this when Labour were in power?

Why didn't Labour have a further investigation into the North Wales abuse scandal when they were in power?

The whole thing is politically motivated IMO.

But it is likely to backfire spectacularly.

I think Labour NOT opening another Wales investigation when they were in power kind of proves that it is not politically motivated.

I think Labour NOT opening another Wales investigation when they were in power kind of proves that it is not politically motivated.

No, because it wouldn't have found anything

raking it all up now is just an attempt to smear the Conservatives

IMHO.

Really don't know why you are defending this, because I suspect even half the Labour party hates Tom Watson.

No, because it wouldn't have found anything

raking it all up now is just an attempt to smear the Conservatives

IMHO.

Really don't know why you are defending this, because I suspect even half the Labour party hates Tom Watson.

Erm it's not a smear if it turns out to be true.

Which is all anyone with an ounce of humanity in them gives a toss about finding out about.

Erm it's not a smear if it turns out to be true.

Which is all anyone with an ounce of humanity in them gives a toss about finding out about.

Not the case at all

because accusing innocent people of the most hideous of crimes does not help anyone - it just creates more victims

and it also probably removes any hope of the real criminals being brought to justice.

That's what most sane and compassionate people seem to believe anyway.

Not the case at all

because accusing innocent people of the most hideous of crimes does not help anyone - it just creates more victims

Indeed. No one has actually done that though, as far as I know.

There has been one case of mistaken identification (by the police.)

and it also probably removes any hope of the real criminals being brought to justice.

That's what most sane and compassionate people seem to believe anyway.

Oh.

I'm sorry, I must have missed the results of the inqury, police investigations etc etc

Link please.

You do know ofc, that it's 100% likely that both the parliamentary tory party and the labpour lot have at least 1 paedophile in it's ranks at the moment, right?

Archived