House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Portent

Developer Getting Desperate?

This pair of houses has been on the market for ages. They started life quite a bit higher around 6 months ago but I can't recall the starting price. I think it was something like £750k for each. I just noticed them still here. I think the developer must be starting to get a little worried...

Anyone interested at £675k?

How about £670k

While we're at it let's sell the second of the pair at the same price

Hmm it's not selling. Let's drop the price a bit to £649k and put it on with another agent

Ok that didn't work. How about another drop to £639 with a different agent?

This isn't going well. I'd better drop the price of the second house too.

Come on, where have all the buyers gone?

Come on. Don't you know that I deserve a profit on this? Buy me ffs!

Edited by Portent

That developer is obviously a w@nker of the first order. He should get Marcus to knock them at out at the full asking price for him. I'm sure Marcus would do if for a drink.

Nice work Portent.

I am going to try something similair with a couple of houses up here.....just quietly track them over a period of time and see if I can do what you've done.....I've tried this in the past, but Rightmove always deletes the old links before the new one goes up....usually with a 'SOLD' sign over the property before it reappears at a reduced price....cheeky beggars

How on earth would Property Guru put a positive spin on this I wonder....Its an isolated case, on planet moron where I live prices are sky rocketing etc etc.. no doubt.

Some guy when asked the question about house prices said - if they keep rising at 20% a year, in 30 years my house will be worth more than the GDP of a small african country!.

......of course, PG knows better....because he's found 'the inside track' :D:D:D

Guest Bart of Darkness

Not to worry. Accoding to the rag-bag collection of bulls left on this site, all is now well with the housing market.

Phew, that was a close one!

Deus Ex Machina indeed.

excellent cataloging portent, i would like to do this as well with a couple of properties, have you been saving the html pages to your hard drive then hosting?, how did you get the figures?

Still ... from 675K to 635K is only a 6% drop. When you consider the house 40% overvalued. :ph34r:

Ahhh, but you're not seeing the wood for the trees!

1. It is NOT a rise

2. will it stop at 6% ?...property didnt jump 250% overnight and it wont fall overnight either.

excellent cataloging portent, i would like to do this as well with a couple of properties, have you been saving the html pages to your hard drive then hosting?, how did you get the figures?

Nope I didn't catalogue them so I can't claim any credit. They are all still displayed on the Findaproperty page:

Vendor no chance of selling with all these here

Just go to the page and scroll down or look for "Brunswick Road".

Still ... from 675K to 635K is only a 6% drop. When you consider the house 40% overvalued. :ph34r:

But if I recall correctly they started out higher than just £675k. Unfortunately I don't have any historic pages to confirm it.

Edited by Portent

But if I recall correctly they started out higher than just £675k. Unfortunately I don't have any historic pages to confirm it.

I remember when these came on, and they were about £750k.

The thing that I can't understand is that 'worse' 4 bed properties are selling through quite quickly in Kingston at around £650k. These appear to be quite large with 4 decent sized bedrooms (the smallest being 14x12). Admittedly they are not in the best location (close to Richmond Park, and Norbiton (slow) station, but a fair walk from the town centre & river, and a little too close to the notorious Cambridge Estate), but even so.

Edited by FTB1