House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SusieB

Merseyside - Reposession Orders Up 73%

"Across the country, the number of repossession actions initiated jumped by 54% to 29,991, the highest level since 1996.

Experts blamed the big rise on the expiry of cheap fixed-rate mortgages this year, which had caused some borrowers' monthly bills to rise sharply."

I thought it was money lending "experts" who assessed ability to pay and lent the money to them in their "expert opinion" in the first place :unsure:

oh ehh, c'med soft lah. giz another two days ter pay mate. eh eh. well ard.

oh dey do doh dont hey doh.

c'med.

D'ya wanna buy a Video recorder mate, i got loads in der back of der van?

Edited by OLDFTB

Yeah,

You're dead funny you aren't ya? Probably never even been to Merseyside in your life you cockney Ba$tard, go stick some new alloys on your Nova...

Yeah,

You're dead funny you aren't ya? Probably never even been to Merseyside in your life you cockney Ba$tard, go stick some new alloys on your Nova...

May be has not, but I have, employed a lot of people on the Wirral, best you could ever have, but OMG Liverpool, a lot of places both sides of the river where our drivers were prohibited to take company vehicles even on the Wirral, Ford, Woodchurch estates to name but two,

A neighbour and good friend of mine owned the biggest and oldest department store in Liverpool, the famous Blacklers Stores, over 600 staff he shut it down and took the roof off to save paying rates, I wonder why that was?.

Edited by Serpico

The reposession trend may have started a little further West in the land of my fathers:

http://icnorthwales.icnetwork.co.uk/news/r...-name_page.html

31% increase in repossessions in Wales.

Why?

"Experts blamed the expiry of cheap fixed-rate mortgages this year, causing some borrowers' monthly bills to rise sharply. "

My guess is that the Great Crash of 2006 will trace the primary cause to "cheap" intro loans. A great way for banks to repossess homes at bargain prices.

Big question is whether the financial institutions will be held liable for inducing people to borrow more than they can afford? :lol:

Yeah,

Cockney? From East Grinstead? You've obviously never been to London in your life! :lol:

The reposession trend may have started a little further West in the land of my fathers:

http://icnorthwales.icnetwork.co.uk/news/r...-name_page.html

31% increase in repossessions in Wales.

Up in Shropshire too.

http://www.shropshirestar.com/show_article.php?aID=38899

New figures today revealed that 65 repossession orders were made on Shropshire homes in the county court during the third quarter of this year, compared with 33 over the same period in 2004.
Edited by libitina

There are plently of places across the country with much higher crime rates than Liverpool, so please spare us the self righteous comments...

We're in just as bad a state as anyone when it comes to house prices, infact the rise in Liverpool was more in proportion to alot of the country. Thus leaving people from Merseyside in an even more precarious position for the unfortunate brainwashed into buying in the last couple of years.

These people losing their houses aren't your stereotypical Harry Enfield scouser, but more likely hard working men and women with families to support. I feel sorry for anyone under the threat of repossesion regardless of location, but the insinuations made here that the people from Liverpool are just thieves and robbers is very frustrating and incorrect!

Yup, got to agree with you there, a lot of cracking honest hard grafters on Mersyside, only ever employed on bad egg, an ex traffic cop put the B******d in Crown Court for thieving, not only from the business but his workmates. Sacking was not good enough we all trusted him, so I had to nail him good style.

It's the honest hard workers who get repo'd, the scallies and thieves are to smart.

When I posted this yersterday I used a smilie face because for me, as hard as it may sound, this is good news.

I grew up in Merseyside during the 80's, my Dad was a Shipbuilder, money was very tight - but there was never any debt , ever, we just had to do without.

I moved away to study and work in London and was there for 13 years. When I eventually got around to looking at properties I was priced out, so just continued to rent. Family circumstances changed and I moved back to Merseyside 2 years ago. I thought that eventually I would be able to buy a home, start a family - all the things that had been on hold. OMG I got the shock of my life, prices were going throught the roof. I have a good job, and can buy, but these prices are unsustainable and a large correction is on the cards and I don't want that debt hanging over me for the next 25 years so I'm still renting and hoping. Anyone buying here right now is taking a very big risk.

I don't take any pleasure in knowing people will loose their homes, but the situation is out of hand and has to change. To me this is a glimmer of hope that soon I can eventually settle down.

BTW, to those slating Merseyside - moving back here was the best thing I've ever done. Your comments are so boring and predictable -I travel back to London every week and hear it all the time. This is a region that has been on it's knees for 30 years, it's bound to have it's problems and has been the but of everyones joke for so long. Things are changing now, do yourself a favour and go and take a look.

jesus where has that world renowned "scouse sense of humour" gone?? or was it eroded by living with the "cockney *****as" too long? ho hum

There's one thing having a Scousers sense of humour, it's a totally different thing to have to try and find cheap-shot, narrowminded and completely unsubstantiated tirades from largely uneducated, probably untravelled egotistical individuals amusing whose only experiences of Liverpool are Boys From The Black Stuff, Bread, Brookside and the Toxteth Riots of the early 80's.

It's fine to make cheap shots when you're from here or have lived here for some considerable time and have lived the life, the conclusions drawn can be attributed to life experiences, but not from people peeking through their telescopes at us...

Just my 2 quid, La

msp

last time i was in liverpool was 2002. i met up at smething called the 'lamb banana' and went into town. i was impressed. it was a sharp looking city centre and the atmos was mellow in the bars. not rowdy.

D'ya wanna buy a Video recorder mate, i got loads in der back of der van?

Talk about 'stereo-typical'. We dont sell video recorders out of the back of a van!!!

Its DVD recorders now :)

TB

Edited by teddyboy

Without doubt one of the best nights out I have had. Catch the train down from Altcar into Liverpool Street and party party party. Lovely people.

shame they can't keep up to date on the their mortgages really :blink:

shame they can't keep up to date on the their mortgages really :blink:

If you read the latest reports a repossesion order for merseyside is raised every 153 minutes, compared to down south which is every 63 minutes...

So... Keefter your point is what exactly?