Best Live Album

Mark Uttley

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Deep Purple "Made In Japan" anyone?

I also have a soft spot for PWEI's "Live at Weirds Bar and Grill" because I happened to be at the gig it was recorded at...

eta Kraftwerk's "Minimum Maximum" is for me another top live album

ahh brings back memories PWEI very nearly could have been massive! Same with Sensor awsome bands

HOLA446
HOLA447

Ah yes, the live album they recorded in a studio.

So says Muse boy! I think in the musical integrity stakes you two are about on a par.

In fact I would go as far to say that HPC should ban any future postings of Muse. That kind of paedo-terrorist-BTL-tradeunionismusic shouldn't be allowed on here. Each to their own and all that but Muse gratuitously offends common decency and causes limitless pain for those unfortunate enough to listen to it.

HOLA448

So says Muse boy! I think in the musical integrity stakes you two are about on a par.

In fact I would go as far to say that HPC should ban any future postings of Muse. That kind of paedo-terrorist-BTL-tradeunionismusic shouldn't be allowed on here. Each to their own and all that but Muse gratuitously offends common decency and causes limitless pain for those unfortunate enough to listen to it.

Are you going on Thursday too? Fantastic - you'll bloody love it.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

I would echo Live at Leeds, but add Folsom Prison Blues by Johnny Cash, Live at Donnigton by Iron Maiden and my absolute favourite and winner by a mile, Nirvana - MTV Unplugged. If you haven't got it, go and get it - it's incredibly good.

Three excellent choices, the production of the Nirvana album in particular is brilliant. The balance of the sound is very good indeed, and they adapted their stuff well to the mostly acoustic set, it could have been pretty bad. I'd add Eric Clapton's unplugged album for similar, possibly better? production(although I don't like the album nearly as much).

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Oh yes, the version of Riff Raff is immense.

It`s all on film too I think. There is a story about Bon Scott getting lost backstage at the Glasgow apollo, don`t know if it was during this recording, and somehow ending up outside! Supposedly the bouncers wouldn`t let him back in, so he had to sing to them to prove his credentials! Who knows :lol:

HOLA4416

ahh brings back memories PWEI very nearly could have been massive! Same with Sensor awsome bands

That's a name I haven't heard for longer than I care to remember. Currently downloading "Stacked Up" after failing to find my old CD. Should bring back memories... :)

Another one for the pot - Pink Floyd "Delicate Sound of Thunder"

Also the Beastie Boys' live DVD "Awesome - I f***** shot that" where they gave 50 member of the audience camcorders and made the DVD from their footage. The bit where a fan pops off for a slash sticks in the memory for some reason...

Archived