House Price Crash Forum

Don't Know About Anyone Else, But Many Houses Just Not Selling!

HOLA441

Across Swansea numerous small computer shops have opened up - man selling homebuilt PCs, doing upgrades, virus removal, etc.

I find it odd as people I talk to say they would not pay for these kind of services - perhaps the sods are used to me doing it for nothing for them - but these shops seem to be growing in number. Now, I can't see how they make a living re salary let alone the cost of a lease on a shop and business rates. Many other small shop owners I know have basically packed it in between the lease and business rates costs.

i agree with this post completely. i know of people trying to do this for a living.

joe public baulks at paying for these services - it can take an age to fix a virus ridden or broken PC - finding drivers off the web, stripping it down, cleaning out all the dust & sh1te etc etc

anymore than £25 and they don't want to know. like you say, how anyone can make a viable business out of this is beyond me.

we live in strange times :P