House Price Crash Forum

Anyone Know A Police Officer?

Frank Mason

HOLA441

Hi,

A friend of mine was out on the town lastnight and witnessed a young lad getting a 'kicking', he complained and was then abused and assaulted by several officers.

He was also handcuffed, put in the back of a police car; driven for a while and then released several miles from home.

Anyone got any ideas as to what he can do, now, and in the future if it happens again?

Thanks

Frank

HOLA442

Hi,

A friend of mine was out on the town lastnight and witnessed a young lad getting a 'kicking', he complained and was then abused and assaulted by several officers.

He was also handcuffed, put in the back of a police car; driven for a while and then released several miles from home.

Anyone got any ideas as to what he can do, now, and in the future if it happens again?

Thanks

Frank

It's difficult as it's their word against his.

He could try and get access to CCTV tapes (if they have CCTV around his area) under the freedom of information Act.

Personally, if I were him I'd invest in a mobile that includes a voice recorder and in future activate this (in secret) if it happens again. It should hopefully pick up any insults etc, and he should train himself to think of questions that would ellicit an incriminating response from these scum. If he is of ethnic origin he should bring race into his questions as any racist remarks from these "officers" are guaranteed to be treated seriously.

I would like to say I am shocked about what happened to your friend, but it's just another anecdote in a long list of many.

The scary thing is, some daft sods in Westminster want to give these scum access to an ID card system and associated database. :rolleyes:

NDL

HOLA443
Guest The_Oldie

The scary thing is, some daft sods in Westminster want to give these scum access to an ID card system and associated database. :rolleyes:

They'll probably get away with it too :(. It seems that the general public have no comprehension of the dangers of making available people's life history, including perhaps medical records, to every traffic cop and minor official with a computer terminal. "If you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to fear" they cry.

The vast majority of Police Officers are decent people. However, as with any profession, some are complete scum.

HOLA444

Hi,

Thanks

Frank

He might aswell forget it, he can put in a complaint but nothing will happen. Ive known what you've described to happen to a friend, the police just suck , the incentive to being a cop is the money. all those new coppers and 90% of them tosspots.

I've known of 2 cops to sit in thier car while a mate was having the crap kicked out of him, they are just useless and only slightly better than the scum they let off all the time.

If i seen a copper in trouble, i would not help him, thats saying alot really because i would help anyone else.

The police i've had dealings with are have all been complete tw*ts.

HOLA445
the incentive to being a cop is the money

Don't forget the power. One guy I knew at school originally wanted to be a mercenary so he could kill people, but then became a cop so he could beat up drug dealers (I think he watched 'Miami Vice' too much).

Most of the cops I've known did seem like reasonable people, but give anyone the power to abuse people with little recourse and that will corrupt even the most moral person eventually. Many of them were perfectly nice if you met them socially, but talk to them about their police work and you'd have to wonder if some of them were borderline psychos.

In a way I guess that's neccesary in order for them to keep criminals in line: a good kicking may do far more to stop someone re-offending than a slap on the wrist from the courts. But unfortunately the police gave up on preventing or detecting crime years ago, and they're now mostly ignoring real criminals while abusing the largely law-abiding majority over pseudo-crimes: around here pretty much the only time I see a cop is when they're sitting at the side of the road looking for cars with expired tax disks.

HOLA446

Hi,

Thanks for all your input.

I think it's out of order what has gone on, I've warned him to be aware of his rights and to not bring attention to himself. He did stay calm, and that seemed to have kept them from giving him a right kicking.

Police.... I really haven't got much time for them, they seem self serving bullies; saying that, I would have been one when I was a lad but I am colour blind!! :)

Thanks again

Frank

Archived