HOLA441
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Stupidly I have turned this on.

As expected, it's the banks fault for not dishing out unaffordable mortgages like sweets to spoilt children.

The guy who "can't sell" at 105k after dropping the asking price by 10k, it has been on the market for 3 years so he he must have lived in it for at least 6 (wouldn't you think?) ... has he not built up more equity than 10k (which must include his deposit)?

Oh, and old dear "cannot sell" of course she can - LOWER THE PRICE!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now talking about foreign buyers looking for a safe haven. Oh good ... that'll help our housing "crisis".

You have ITV on when the football is not on. I have no sympathy.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Did they say that, that couple who went for newbuy, already had a gaff?

Yeah, they purchased via that there "new buy" scheme? Something about taxpayers guaranteeing their 5% deposit, or something. They still have their old house which they're renting out and are hoping for the market to recover (VI speak for house prices to rise) so they can make bigger mugs than them out of some poor soul.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

It's taken the MSM just 5 years to realise that there's a problem.

Now just another 5 years for them to work out what it is.

I watched the programme - utterly bonkers, but not surprising. Apparently high and rising house prices = ability for people to "buy" (read: get into sh!t loads of debt and rent from the bank) their houses.

If people actually owned their home (rather than rented from the bank via a complicated and inflexible system called "getting a mortgage") then they could sell at the market price and buy again at the market price. There wouldn't be a problem.

Edited by Chuffy Chuffnell

HOLA4415

How were they eligible for that? I thought these types of "schemes" were for first timers only...

i feel hard done by we have to pay 520 CHF per annum for the Billag and its not even proper german like, and we dont get any of this top quality programming, you guys should feel privileged to have every third shop in any UK highstreet being an estate agent, ive never actually seen one on the high street here come to think about it, we aspire to your level of philanthropic entrepreneuralism

Edited by Georgia O'Keeffe

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

If she wants to move...reduce the sodding price..."oh, can't do that"...

The voice-over gave it all away when the presenter said she wanted to sell at a price which would pay off her mortgage, and give her a 'tidy sum' for her retirement. The obvious question "so you want a buyer to pay for your retirement, do you?" never gets asked. Ever. In any programme on property.

ITV rubbish, as expected.

HOLA4422

We need to set up an HPC panto season, where we can all shout in unison: "The prices are too high!" whenever any government or industry spokesman says so much as a word.

Talk about an elephant in the room, that was a woolly mammoth!

Ha ha! Like everybody else on here I spent the entire 30 mins shouting the above at the telly!

'Housing Market Facing a Perfect Whitewash' would have been a better title.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425