House Price Crash Forum

Graduate Starting Salaries Down 13Pc Over Year

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/jobs/9590490/Graduate-starting-salaries-down-13pc-over-year.html

Huge competition for graduate jobs has pushed starting salaries down 13pc on average over the past year, bringing further misery to this year’s degree cohort, new research reveals.

Graduates who started new jobs this summer received an average salary of £22,800 - a “marked” 13.2pc less than last year, an analysis of graduate salaries at more than 60 recruiters found.

Ann Swain, chief executive of the Association of Professional Staffing Companies (APSCO), which commissioned the study, said: “The slowdown in the professional-recruitment market, combined with the huge number of graduates competing for jobs means that starting salaries have edged downwards markedly this year.”

And yet they are expected to buy overpriced houses and pay back their debt..... I think there could be an economic problem in this mess.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/jobs/9590490/Graduate-starting-salaries-down-13pc-over-year.html

And yet they are expected to buy overpriced houses and pay back their debt..... I think there could be an economic problem in this mess.

Real inflation in the basics a graduate would need closer to double digits than the reported stats.

Tutition fees up a shed load.

I don't know about getting on a bike, a plane would be a better idea.

Edited by OnlyMe

Real inflation in the basics a graduate would need closer to double digits than the reported stats.

Tutition fees up a shed load.

I don't know about getting on a bike, a plane would be a better idea.

A time machine would probably be the best bet. But a plane is certainly a good second choice ;)

Who needs wages when you can have debt?

this is beginning to make sense.

forgive this, forgive that....makes you wonder why you need a committment to an institution that cares little about whether you pay back or not.