House Price Crash Forum

Whats The Point Of This Forum?

marcus

HOLA441

What is this forum and website trying to achieve? Are the members merely trying to talk down the housing market because they can't afford their own property. I'm a housebuilder and developer. We've just finished 7 houses in Hemel Hempstead and they all sold for the asking price in 4 months - no incentives whatsoever.

We've just bought another site for 24 in Ampthill and we've noticed a lot of sales and activity in this area also.

I suggest that you all get out there and buy the property of your dreams and enjoy it, it beats living with your mum!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

What is this forum and website trying to achieve? Are the members merely trying to talk down the housing market because they can't afford their own property. I'm a housebuilder and developer. We've just finished 7 houses in Hemel Hempstead and they all sold for the asking price in 4 months - no incentives whatsoever.

We've just bought another site for 24 in Ampthill and we've noticed a lot of sales and activity in this area also.

I suggest that you all get out there and buy the property of your dreams and enjoy it, it beats living with your mum!

Bully for you.

What is the point in posting here if you think things are all fine and dandy?

Don't want a nightmare of a mortgage thanks.

HOLA443

Not sure about that, I get my washing done and a dinner every night, get to come and go as I please and I'm saving over £1000 a month for the inevitable decline of this country and the housing market.

One swallow doesn't make a summer.

Oh, AWOOOOGA!

HOLA444

Strange how many developers and estate agents have been busy enough recently to seek out a website called housepricecrash. I also find it suspicious that the only bulls that post on here are all mega-sucessfull entrepreneurs ... I dont't think I have seen a post yet that says I am a postman and have struggled to raise my family and pay my morgage on a single income yet have made ends meet and have a home to show for it- funny that!

HOLA445

It's a forum Marcus; they are for debate.

You could say the aim is to encourage greater understanding. However as you seem to have brilliantly put an end to the discussion we can all turn our attention to something else now.

Edited by bandylegs

HOLA446

Most people are priced out of the market, i could buy a shithole but i choose to rent for £225 all inclusive (which means i can save money, something people did in the olden days). When the market is out of reach of the general population it has always crashed back. Noone is attempting a talk down, however many estate agents are property developers did this in the last crash to speed things up. This site is about impartial advise and clear statistics on the housing market...

Enjoy your stay...

Interestingly Amptill seems to have seen a recent falls in property price sales accross all types of property...

http://www.upmystreet.com/property/prices/...l/Ampthill.html

Edited by moosetea

HOLA447

In my view, and in roughly the following order this site exists for

1) Cranks to compare and contrast conspiracy theories (developers like you, the banks, BTL investors and nu Labour have concocted house price inflation for their own, as yet unclear ends).

2) Its a laugh.

3) Serious discussion of the housing market. I, like many others believe that the media is very one sided in its appraisal of the housing market (e.g. all this SIPP nonsense).

Finally, you suggest people go out and buy their dream house. Well, what with? Housing has become unaffordable for the average person. I pressume that you employ some staff on average type wages. Do they all live in their dream homes?

Still, I would be interested to hear your views on the market. You should be in a much better position to figure out what is happening on the ground than most others on this site.

HOLA448

Well you have given us a good laugh and shown your caring social side now **** off :D :angry: :D :angry: dont worry though there will probably be some greater fools to purchase your new venture,or will there............

HOLA449

sound advice old chap. However, I lack the "balls" to borrow a sum of money well in excess of 10 times my annual income to do so. I can't imagine how I could ever pay it back.

HOLA4410

Forgive me if I don't take your post seriously.

HOLA4411

I think it's great we have a house builder on the forum.

The point of a forum is discussion, to pass personal experience and useful information amongst people who are interested in a subject. You have added one more personal experience to the forum, making it that little bit richer.

However, whenever someone relates some information to me, I always ask :

1) Who are they?

2) What is there interest in the subject?

3) Do they have any reason to decieve me?

I'll make my own conclusions about the weight of bias in your post, and the reasons for your post.

The fact that this website is called "House Price Crash" just means we are all interested in discussing the possibility and airing our own views.

Just promise me one thing - once your new development is complete, PLEASE come back and tell us how the sales go.

If it works out well, I'm sure you'll be back to let us know.

If I never hear from you again, then ........

HOLA4412

For me, to educate, inform, entertain and a chance to have a bit of a pop at low rent landlords as there are no insects left at this time of year to pull the wings and legs of. And leave my mum out of it or you are a dead man.

HOLA4413

Thanks for coming on Marcus to ask what the purpose of this site is. You’re the 3000th member to register and the first to ask this question.

Many of us on here realise that nothing goes on forever however, and we are waiting for –if it has not happened already- this cycle to take an inevitable downward turn.

I don’t think there are many left in the population to be able to afford properties that are priced in recent times without foolishly borrowing beyond their means. With amount of unpaid debt this economy carries there is a great danger we have already stored up great whoa for ourselves.

Many people think that you can’t lose on property although they have probably lived through two crashes and seem top ignore this. The laws of cause and effect, supply and demand are universal and have been with us since biblical times and will be in the future. So I see nothing wrong in a group of like minded people getting together on a forum to watch and see what pans out.

HOLA4414

Yep alot of folks ended up living with their mums 1990-1995 after being declared bankrupt and broke and unable to enjoy the boom from 1996-1999 & 2001-2004...thats over. Wouldn't be touching property with a barge pole until 2011 at the earliest. Though should be some repossesion bargains and tons of bankrupt developers with developements being sold below cost.

Property at the moment is way overpriced, unemployment is looming, people have leveridged far to high. Too many novice BTls in the market. Many baby boomers are starting to retire and sell up.....

That saying best be staying with mummy with a huge deposit with bargains coming up in the next 5 years than being broke and bankrupt with the bailiffs after me..

Enjoy the crash... also Christmas Retail Spending will indicate just how bad things are with record job losses in 2006.

Apols if I am being realistic

HOLA4415
Guest Charlie The Tramp
We've just finished 7 houses in Hemel Hempstead and they all sold for the asking price in 4 months - no incentives whatsoever.

Strange, they are not shown in your showcase.

HOLA4416

It sounds to me like you weren't around developing in the 90's when that HPC occurred. A lot of people I know were in the building trade then and didn't see it coming. They went under in a matter of months.

Just hope your developments and plots are paid for and you have no loan, otherwise you could be in for a few very hard years - If it happens of course !!!

I could be wrong who knows, but thats what the forum is for , for each person to air their views ..........

HOLA4417

We've just finished 7 houses in Hemel Hempstead

We've just bought another site for 24 in Ampthill

This is interesting as his confidence has grown exponentially. Notice how however his post coincides with this rise in confidence. Doubts perhaps? I wonder if he has done the maths on how thi slatest venture needs to work out?

Let's say Marcus made 25% on his 7 home dev:

Let's assume they sold for 250k each, that's £437.5K profit (there's the confidence) (house cost 187.5 to build).

Now let's split that over the 24 he's building. That's £18.2k each.

Again, assuming a selling price of 250k, all he needs to lose per house is 18.2/187.5 or 10%. As we know, many areas have seen declines of this nature during the last 12 months.

That's where the doubts come from.

Edited by Sledgehead

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Thanks for coming on Marcus to ask what the purpose of this site is. You’re the 3000th member to register and the first to ask this question.

Many of us on here realise that nothing goes on forever however, and we are waiting for –if it has not happened already- this cycle to take an inevitable downward turn.

I don’t think there are many left in the population to be able to afford properties that are priced in recent times without foolishly borrowing beyond their means. With amount of unpaid debt this economy carries there is a great danger we have already stored up great whoa for ourselves.

Many people think that you can’t lose on property although they have probably lived through two crashes and seem top ignore this. The laws of cause and effect, supply and demand are universal and have been with us since biblical times and will be in the future. So I see nothing wrong in a group of like minded people getting together on a forum to watch and see what pans out.

HOLA4420

But my point is this. Everyone on this site has one thing in common. They all want to BUY and OWN a house. How many years do you think this site can keep going if a house price crash doesn't happen? How long will you wait? It isn't happening this year - there's only 8 weeks left, it didn't happen last year. If it doesn't happen next year then will you buy? The year after?

HOLA4421

But my point is this. Everyone on this site has one thing in common. They all want to BUY and OWN a house. How many years do you think this site can keep going if a house price crash doesn't happen? How long will you wait? It isn't happening this year - there's only 8 weeks left, it didn't happen last year. If it doesn't happen next year then will you buy? The year after?

Invalid point not everyone here wants to buy or own a house

You still havent ansered any of our points....

HOLA4422

Mirror mirror ... (hope Marcus doesn't mind me borrowing most of his post to construct the following)

What is this post and thread trying to achieve? Is the author merely trying to talk up the housing market because they can't afford their own property. I'm a member of HPC with sufficient funds to buy a house outright. I am also a homeowner who has seen prices fall over the past 12 monts - no incentives whatsoever.

I've just joined another site where they compalin about houses not selling for 24 in hours a day cos they've noticed no sales and activity in their area also.

I suggest that the author gets out there and trys to sell his property to people whose heads are full of dreams and little else and not bother trying to make buyers of folks who have joined a forum called House Price Crash. If he carries on with such silly sales tactics he'll end up living back @ his mum's.

(or are we really the only people left who are in a position to buy?)

HOLA4423

Marcus,

A lot of people on this site are not ABLE to buy due to being priced out of the market. It is not a question of choice.

If prices don't come down next year they still won't be able to buy.

HOLA4424

What is the point of your post?

Things can't be THAT great if you feel the need to register on a bears website and try to convince them (admittedly rather half-heartedly) to buy property... I guess the bottom of the barrel has already been scraped?

HOLA4425

Really, I want to BUY the house I currently RENT that's interesting as it would cost around 220K, yet I rent it for £670 a month!! Why would I want to buy it when it would costs loads more?

(on top of which my STR funds clear a nice portion of my rent allowing me to save even more each month).

You will find many more in the same postion - pretty bad news for property developers (if thats what you are). FTB's priced out, homeowners maxed up to the hilt with debt and struggling to pay off what they already "own" preventing them from trading up and now a growing numbers of STR's that can see through the whole charade of home "ownership"

Rent well, Save Well and just wait and see ... :lol::lol::lol: