House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

uk_jash

Where Do You Lie On The Political Compass?

Hi Folks,

I've just been reading Growl's post on the main board and noticed that a lot of people were saying they couldn't fit themselves into any of the political groupings. This is a big limitation of the conventional Left/Right political scale, and this web page has tired to address that by using a more three-dimensional political spectrum (comining left/right with authoritarian/libertarian)

The Political Compass

I thought some of you might find it interesting (apologies if it has been posted before). There are about 6 pages of strongly agree/agree/disagree/strongly disagree type questions (sometimes these can be quite limiting so you have to infer the point they are asking!)

I came out as:

Economic Left/Right: -5.50

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

Just a bit more authoritarian than Ghandi! And almost the polar opposite to George Bush! :P

Okay, I'm game.

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -3.50

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.05