House Price Crash Forum

Release The Hounds

EUBanana

Brilliant. The best and most telling bit was the round of applause that the 'award' got. Some underlying attitudes nicely revealed, too.

I don't think they realised it wasn't a planned part of the dinner.

Took a bit of guts, but they'd have done better to rehearse their lines more. 9/10 for presentation, 5/10 for delivery.. felt more awkward than amusing political protest which I think is what they were going for.

Set the hounds line was a cracker though.. polite, forceful yet quite funny :D

I don't think they realised it wasn't a planned part of the dinner.

Took a bit of guts, but they'd have done better to rehearse their lines more. 9/10 for presentation, 5/10 for delivery.. felt more awkward than amusing political protest which I think is what they were going for.

Set the hounds line was a cracker though.. polite, forceful yet quite funny :D

It must take quite a bit of nerve for a few teenagers (even if they are Oxford undergrads by the look of it) to crash a party of significantly older and quite important people. Not bad for what I suspect was a first effort

Brilliant. The best and most telling bit was the round of applause that the 'award' got. Some underlying attitudes nicely revealed, too.

A witty protest, and yes, by getting applause (and finally the 'scum' comment) exposed some of the attitudes of their targets.

And, of course, it spoiled the retirement dinner for this troughing HMRC creep.

It must take quite a bit of nerve for a few teenagers (even if they are Oxford undergrads by the look of it) to crash a party of significantly older and quite important people. Not bad for what I suspect was a first effort

I wondered whether it might have been better if the girl had done the talking.. she looked like she might have been more articulate under pressure.

It would have been nice to have seen such a good delivery that it actually had all the other guest laughing their socks off (admittedly a very difficult feat!)

A very good effort under the circumstances.. though (not surprisingly) not well received.

I doubt they're real Oxford - the girl uses glottal stop.

"And so say Goldman Sachs" is a great line.

Archived