House Price Crash Forum

October 2012 1St-31St Stock Picking Competition

200p

HOLA441
HOLA442

Anyone interested for a November competition?

-- Put your entry on this thread -- you have until 7pm UK time 31st October. One pick, ideally listed in London; stock or ETF. If I don't have at least 5 entries I won't start a November competition OK. Max 25 people though!

----

Otherwise don't forget http://www.stockchallenge.co.uk/ enter on the 28th - my handle will be Notanewmember2 (I don't have any affiliation with that challenge)

Edited by MrTReturns

HOLA443
HOLA444

Due to Superstorm Sandy, the markets are likely to be closed until Wednesday. So there is likely to be no major action in the markets globally unless something happens in the East.

To, note BLNX has had a bit of boost due to a positive trading update release and goes straight into the lead!

hpc29oct.PNG

Edited by MrTReturns

HOLA445

ProShares UltraShort Euro (EUO) for me if you get enough people.

It doesn't seem there is much interest, as today is the last day for entries. It's a shame as I enjoyed updating the table and checking out what people are interested in (ah they call it "brainstorming or thought showering"; any Funds need a Fund Manager?!) I'd never heard of TVIX or EUO before, so it might come in handy at some point.

This month has been really interesting - people at the back end of the table have been able to challenge the leaders, and the steady eddies have remained steady eddies. Gold has performed poorly this month.

The NYSE is set to reopen today after it's storm closure. Will there be a storm in the markets? I will let the US session close, I believe at 9pm UK time to allow TVIX to set a close price.

Edited by MrTReturns

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

hpc31ct2012.PNG

Another 10% gain on the last day for BLNX, catapults HSvetz further into the lead who wins the October competition! Congratulations!

As there has been a few last minute entries, I will run a November competition, see you there.