House Price Crash Forum

Another One Of These Teacher>Student Stories

CrashedOutAndBurned

HOLA441

Oh. OK. Game on then. :rolleyes:

She's a child in the eyes of the law, and certainly not an emotionally-mature adult in the eyes of a developmental psychologist.

She's been groomed and taken advantage of by a 30-year-old man who - in a position of trust - should know better.

interestibng way of wording it - I'm not getting at you, but if you work on persuading a member of the o[pposite sex who is of legal age to go out with you, be kind, give them lifts, help out, ask them out, go for a drink etc, that is dating; if they are under 16 then it's grooming

I'm not doubting it, just an observation

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

interestibng way of wording it - I'm not getting at you, but if you work on persuading a member of the o[pposite sex who is of legal age to go out with you, be kind, give them lifts, help out, ask them out, go for a drink etc, that is dating; if they are under 16 then it's grooming

I'm not doubting it, just an observation

You don't think a 30 yr old car mechanic dating a 16 yr old schoolgirl wouldn't raise eyebrows either?

HOLA445

You don't think a 30 yr old car mechanic dating a 16 yr old schoolgirl wouldn't raise eyebrows either?

I have heard of similar things several times - 17 ish year old girl much much older man - it DID raise eyebrows mildly in my social circles, however it didn't make pan-european news rather than just the odd mildly raised eyebro

(in both cases the relationships WERE abusive however, with the older man being the abuser - not in a physical way more a sort of totally emotionally feckless and manipulative way, and didn't last beyond medium term)

I agree there has to be a cut off point of course, was just saying

HOLA446

My wife, who, as the mother of three daughters, has known many teenage girls, surprisingly has some sympathy for the teacher........ "Fifteen year old girls can be very grown-up, they can also be very determined".

I agree with your wife here Bruce. I have a 15 year old lad and I've seen his facebook page. Some of the girls must make their parents grey. To remember some of them 5 years back getting ready to go to high school and now their busy taking half dressed photos on their phones and uploading them for all and sundry to see.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

To be honest, I'm not sure how the film that gif has been animated from quite alludes to sinking your teeth into a figure of authority and not letting go.

Can't remember what its called but i quite enjoyed it although i find Steve Carell quite funny.

Crazy, Stupid, Love. I really enjoyed it too.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

To be honest, I'm not sure how the film that gif has been animated from quite alludes to sinking your teeth into a figure of authority and not letting go.

Can't remember what its called but i quite enjoyed it although i find Steve Carell quite funny.

Indeed - but the quote is the bit that counts.

Combine it with the other pictures she has chosen, and the details in her bucket list, and it really does change the way I perceive this whole affair.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Further to post #48 above, the Wail is now reporting that as far as the French authorities are concerned, neither of them is suspected of any offence, and that therefore, unless the girl's parents make a formal complaint of kidnapping, they are free to move about France as they wish and the police will not stop them. Furthermore, the story is not being covered by most of the French MSM (confirming my suspicion - I've just had a look at six or seven sites - nothing), supposedly because of their privacy laws. Yeah, right - long lens photos of a topless celeb are fine, but publishing CCTV pics of a missing person = not fine.

This does rather change things. Unless and until he runs out of money, they'll probably be able to stay out of sight in France and/or get out of Europe.

Edit - I wonder what will happen if the UK authorities issue a Euro arrest warrant for him, i.e. suspicion of having sex with someone under 16? If this is not an offence in France, does this mean that the French would ignore it?

HOLA4418

Edit - I wonder what will happen if the UK authorities issue a Euro arrest warrant for him, i.e. suspicion of having sex with someone under 16? If this is not an offence in France, does this mean that the French would ignore it?

Don't they need some reasonably convincing evidence before they can issue a (normal) arrest warrant?

Is abusing a position of trust a criminal offence? if so, that rather than some dubious suspicion would seem the most likely grounds to want to arrest him. But maybe they'd rather not get so heavy-handed: let him flounder and become a loser/clown rather than hero/victim in her eyes. Or somesuch.

HOLA4419

Further to post #48 above, the Wail is now reporting that as far as the French authorities are concerned, neither of them is suspected of any offence, and that therefore, unless the girl's parents make a formal complaint of kidnapping, they are free to move about France as they wish and the police will not stop them. Furthermore, the story is not being covered by most of the French MSM (confirming my suspicion - I've just had a look at six or seven sites - nothing), supposedly because of their privacy laws. Yeah, right - long lens photos of a topless celeb are fine, but publishing CCTV pics of a missing person = not fine.

This does rather change things. Unless and until he runs out of money, they'll probably be able to stay out of sight in France and/or get out of Europe.

That's a rather mature view from the French, well done them.

I'm not condoning it - he should lose his job and get some punishment when he comes back - but it's not the crime of the century when a 30yo and a 15yo voluntarily skip the country together.

HOLA4420

I agree with your wife here Bruce. I have a 15 year old lad and I've seen his facebook page. Some of the girls must make their parents grey. To remember some of them 5 years back getting ready to go to high school and now their busy taking half dressed photos on their phones and uploading them for all and sundry to see.

My daughters' standard one word retort to that sort of thing is ........ "Sluts".

HOLA4421

That's a rather mature view from the French, well done them.

I'm not condoning it - he should lose his job and get some punishment when he comes back - but it's not the crime of the century when a 30yo and a 15yo voluntarily skip the country together.

the teacher-in-position-of-responsibility thing IS important but not sufficient to start a Europe-wide manhunt

yeah, precocious 15 year old girl and immature 30 year old bloke, not unheard of, he's not an axe murderer so not the end of the world

HOLA4422

rather political heh - we stayed out of euro and are less f00ked than they, refusing to pick up the eurozone's costs; they over-tax their high earners, we invite them over here to set up shop instead; clear to see why the french state might be dis-chuffed with the UK

HOLA4423

rather political heh - we stayed out of euro and are less f00ked than they, refusing to pick up the eurozone's costs; they over-tax their high earners, we invite them over here to set up shop instead; clear to see why the french state might be dis-chuffed with the UK

They've also recently been landed with a high profile multiple murder case which is probably our mess but which they are now obliged to sort out.

I do wonder what the reaction to this case would have been if it had been boy/woman, or even a same sex couple?

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived