House Price Crash Forum

Pinning 'financial Crisis' Films Thread.

HOLA441

The question relates to Arbitrage's thread 'The Financial Crisis Your vote: best film or documentary'. The question I pose is whether Arbitage's thread, which has links to films about the financial crisis, should be pinned to the top of the forum 'House prices and the economy', even at the expense of unpinning the Gold thread.

doccyboy, who is a mod, wrote

I've been contacted to have the topic pinned. Unfortunately we limit the pinned topics to three at the top of the main board.

I would be happy to pin it in the Economics sub forum. There is already a pinned thread there for good HPC books.

FaFa! countered with

You could replace the pinned Gold thread. Gold has its own sub-forum no less and gold has a tenuous link to house prices and the economy. These videos are much more directly linked.
Edited by Giordano Bruno

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Should be pinned, but in the Economics sub-forum.

That's what I think about the Gold thread. The new general thread with educational youtube links has much more mass appeal so should take the place of the gold thread IHMO.

Edited by mrtickle

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Necessar info on the origins and outcomes of the (lack of) HPC. Intertwined to the point of being the same thing imo.

As is gold - closure of gold window, last 40yrs has been the only example of world-wide pure paper money experiment.

I don't think either thread should be pinned, but I think many people are making a big mistake if they don't believe that gold will play a massive role in the economic world moving forward.

HOLA449
MODERATORS' DECISIONS

Whilst we try to be as open as possible in the moderation of the forums, the moderators do not have the time to enter into public debate over the rights and wrongs of every moderating decision. Any posts questioning a moderators decision, or the forum rules, will be deleted.

This is a privately owned forum and as such no one has an automatic right to post here. The moderators will, at their absolute discretion, delete the account of any member whom they feel is a disruptive influence. This decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.