House Price Crash Forum

Good News For Me, Bad News For Hpc

ck1

HOLA441

I must have been lucky recently as have had three offers and one full asking price for my home that is for sale. Not sure if the market is bad as you all make out.

Just thought I would post this in order to keep a balanced perspective on this board.

HOLA442

I must have been lucky recently as have had three offers and one full asking price for my home that is for sale. Not sure if the market is bad as you all make out.

Just thought I would post this in order to keep a balanced perspective on this board.

Is there a chain involved?

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Which part of the country is that?

And was it reasonably priced compared to other, similar properties?

I've no doubt that things are selling if they're priced reasonably. Also, it's difficult to extrapolate from a single sale to the market dynamics as a whole.

Thanks for the info.

K.

HOLA446

Ah sorry, should have made the post clearer:

No the property is not in a chain

Been on the market under six months

HPCs are gonna love the last statement - let the flaming commence.

Located in South West region.

HOLA447
HOLA448

Potential crash or no crash a good property in a good location priced at a reasnable level will always attract interest ....good luck (However on a more downbeat note I am in SW myself and have seen many properties "sold" on my street since Feb though suspiciously there is no sign of them on land reg data)

HOLA449

this is great news for you - hope it goes through.

as for the greater fools... ;)

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Potential crash or no crash a good property in a good location priced at a reasnable level will always attract interest ....good luck (However on a more downbeat note I am in SW myself and have seen many properties "sold" on my street since Feb though suspiciously there is no sign of them on land reg data)

You wouldn't expect most properties sold as recently as February to be on the Land Registry yet. Figure four months between offer and completion, and then another three months to get on the Land Registry, that would be the September data that should be going onto the LR data sites shortly.

HOLA4413

Hi,

Good luck to you. Even in a falling market you will even get pockets of rising prices, falling prices, stagnant prices. I even believe that there are meant to be a handfull of properties in prime Mayfair-Belgravia locations that have never ever seen a price fall ever. What do you expect? Lets repeat. A falling house market does not mean all sales grind to a complete halt, that the only sales that are made are for 50% less than selling price a few months after the market top is called. Look at the way the last correction unfolded. 5 Years to reach bottom and for the first few years the VI and media spin had it intepreted as a modest decline, soft landing, which was a gazillion miles from the truth. Look at what is happening in Oz, NZ, Holland, Spain, similarly over-indebted HPI economies. To be honest, there will be some pro property investors who will continue to make some money in the decline. Average Joe will not. Worse, he may be swallowed in by Estate agents and VI media. Info here may help against the overwhelming bias against decent analysis or information in the market.

Good on yer, just be a bit more balanced in your view of a market decline. I have never recalled any analysis here saying that house prices would fall deeply in less than a year after the market top may have been identified. Like all HPC, is a made of peaks and troughs in downwould decline over several years, as it took several years more to form.

Can't wait for the next post saying "Ha! Look! I sold for asking price so there is no house price crash!". I give it two days max before the next post counting from ........... now.

Boomer

HOLA4414

Potential crash or no crash a good property in a good location priced at a reasnable level will always attract interest ....good luck

Yes I move tomorrow - It's taken a long time and I had to reduce from £325,000 to £295,000 ended up with a cash buyer at £280,000 I'm sticking the money in the Bank and moving into rented for a couple of years - well let's face it Residential property aint going to go up in that time!

HOLA4415

Yes I move tomorrow - It's taken a long time and I had to reduce from £325,000 to £295,000 ended up with a cash buyer at £280,000 I'm sticking the money in the Bank and moving into rented for a couple of years - well let's face it Residential property aint going to go up in that time!

What a gensible suy you are.

HOLA4416

Now for the bit you have all been waiting for...

I reduced the price by 8% from the original price - for a quick sale and the fact that I believed it was overpriced due to the current climate.

On hindsight I would have marketed it cheaper in the first place but I thought I would test the water.

Edited by ck1

HOLA4417

I think we must all agree BULL & BEARS that to make the statement "I got the full asking price" you must make it clear, that it was the ONLY asking price. Reduced prices do not equate to FULL ASKING PRICE imho.

Whilst I wish you the best of luck, I do feel you need to realise that 8% fall in 6 months is FAIRLY drastic. Maybe of CRASH proportions?

I think 8pc in 6 months is at very least - A VERY GOOD start to the HPC

TB

Hope it goes through ok! :)

Edited by teddyboy

HOLA4418

Now for the bit you have all been waiting for...

I reduced the price by 8% from the original price - for a quick sale and the fact that I believed it was overpriced due to the current climate.

On hindsight I would have marketed it cheaper in the first place but I thought I would test the water.

I went STR in the SW(plymouth) back in feb. Much the same story as yours a realisticlly priced property at about 5% under the market "asking price value" at the time. Still took me 8 months to shift. Just goes to show that there is a market out there, people do need to buy houses, and they tend to buy the best value ones, no surprise there. Its all relative to those around you, as a seller you have to price to sell ie undercut, its a buyers market still and will be for a good few years yet. Must admit though a little bit surprised and pi55ed off at how the prices are holding up, keep the Faith.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

This is a good example of a seller who is in touch with reality.

In 6 months the other sellers in your area who haven't reduced their prices [and hence have not sold] will wish they'd done the same. At that point they'll have to cut theirs by 16% to get a sale. K.

Edited by karhu

HOLA4421

You wouldn't expect most properties sold as recently as February to be on the Land Registry yet. Figure four months between offer and completion, and then another three months to get on the Land Registry, that would be the September data that should be going onto the LR data sites shortly.

How does the land registry stuff work anyway? Sales from 26 July in N5 have appeared on nethouseprices -- presuming that comes from LR originally?

HOLA4422

Yes, never all property going one way.

I'm buying a derelict ruin with enough land to provide raw vegan food and renewable power, faraway and cut off from the cities and crime, and no local economy or local wages (or indeed locals) to speak of. Oh, and uphill enough for all the world's ice to melt.

It's already pretty worthless to the current version of the world. But to me it's worth a lot. (And it will be fun.)

Who knows, one day, I might be fighting them off. (Unfortunately, that's literally.)

:blink::ph34r::D

Hopefully, they'll all kill themselves down in the cities before they come for your carrots.

HOLA4423

Yes, never all property going one way.

I'm buying a derelict ruin with enough land to provide raw vegan food and renewable power, faraway and cut off from the cities and crime, and no local economy or local wages (or indeed locals) to speak of. Oh, and uphill enough for all the world's ice to melt.

It's already pretty worthless to the current version of the world. But to me it's worth a lot. (And it will be fun.)

Who knows, one day, I might be fighting them off. (Unfortunately, that's literally.)

:blink::ph34r::D

you just stole my plan i must check the copyright

im ding exactly the same and cannot wait:), gonna make a living doing a bit of fishing and bits and pieces of building work as and when.When you have no mortgage you have less money to worry about finding

HOLA4424

you just stole my plan i must check the copyright

im ding exactly the same and cannot wait:), gonna make a living doing a bit of fishing and bits and pieces of building work as and when.When you have no mortgage you have less money to worry about finding

Ah, but how the hell do you expect society to function if people head for the hills and self-sufficiency. There won't be anyone left to be wage slaves keeping the money-lenders in business.

HOLA4425

Ah, but how the hell do you expect society to function if people head for the hills and self-sufficiency. There won't be anyone left to be wage slaves keeping the money-lenders in business.

ahh no need to worry there is still loads of mugs around that think success in life is to be mortgaged to the hilt and have hp on a new car.There the ones that stick there hands up for the overtime, and run the rat race till they die.I will just leave them to it