House Price Crash Forum
ticket2ride

Grant Shapps Lead Double Life As Charlatan

"How To Corp websites linked to Grant Shapps taken down from internet

Potentially embarrassing claims of Tory chair's web guru alter ego, Michael Green, disappear from web before party conference

How To Corp – the website brand founded by Tory chairman Grant Shapps – has been pulled from the internet, taking with it a series of potentially embarrassing details about the former life of the prominent Conservative MP and his alter ego, Michael Green."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/oct/08/grant-shapps-how-to-corp-michael-green

"How To Corp websites linked to Grant Shapps taken down from internet

Potentially embarrassing claims of Tory chair's web guru alter ego, Michael Green, disappear from web before party conference

How To Corp – the website brand founded by Tory chairman Grant Shapps – has been pulled from the internet, taking with it a series of potentially embarrassing details about the former life of the prominent Conservative MP and his alter ego, Michael Green."

http://www.guardian....p-michael-green

Sneaky. Why would someone do that?

The other thread seems to have been removed from the main forum so here's Cricky on the case

(h/t the crashingisles)

That vid's brilliant. Shapps is obviously on shaky ground. The customer testimony from somone called Corrine Stockheath- Cricks says he and his researchers found only 1 person called Stockheath in existence (in a PG Wodehouse novel!).

Pure 'Day Today' from Shapps- wandering around looking for a hole to scramble into, ends up returning to the door he arrived through shortly before.

ASA have no actual powers in any case, there's little they could actually do to censure Shapps. It would look bad for him, of course, which is why the ASA should do it anyway.

Do they not?

What's the point of them then I wonder.

Perhaps another agency which does have powers ought to take a look..........he's the Chair of the party of Govt. after all.

Guilty of misselling?

Michael Crick@MichaelLCrick Odd that Shapps won't publish evidence to ASA. What's there to hide? Is it fair to Corinne Stockheath of Surrey that her existence in doubt?

Michael Crick@MichaelLCrick In response to my request to Shapps to publish evidence to ASA, spokeswoman says "ASA is now closed. All testimonials provided. Thanks."

FOI request?

Was listening to the radio earlier with some presenter interviewing some cabinet minister.

Presenter : Grant Shapps as Simon Green was selling a get quick rich scheme which promised to make you 20K in 6 months or you'll get your money back. Is this the governments plan B?

Politco : ummm ahhh....

Guilty of misselling?

"Statutory rights often apply to aspects of life in which citizens must enter into a contractual agreements with one another. For instance, they are commonly referenced in sales transactions. In this situation, a seller has the right to sell items that he or she owns, but not things that do not belong to him or her. Therefore, an individual who sells something stolen cannot legally transfer ownership to the purchaser, so a car thief cannot legally sell a stolen vehicle."

Shapps was selling a book that was out of copyright. As such he could not have owned that property and had no more right to sell it than any other Tom, Dick or Harry. To imply or suggest that he had the right to sell the book as if it were his property is deception.

Edited by nmarks

"Statutory rights often apply to aspects of life in which citizens must enter into a contractual agreements with one another. For instance, they are commonly referenced in sales transactions. In this situation, a seller has the right to sell items that he or she owns, but not things that do not belong to him or her. Therefore, an individual who sells something stolen cannot legally transfer ownership to the purchaser, so a car thief cannot legally sell a stolen vehicle."

Shapps was selling a book that was out of copyright. As such he could not have owned that property and had no more right to sell it than any other Tom, Dick or Harry. To imply or suggest that he had the right to sell the book as if it were his property is deception.

No. If he was selling a physical book it can be simply argued that it was the paper that was being paid for.

On a more legal note, something that is out of copyright is in the public domain. That means that anyone can sell it, not that no-one can sell it.

No. If he was selling a physical book it can be simply argued that it was the paper that was being paid for.

No court would fall for that defence. if he claimed he was selling paper then why not just sell paper?

On a more legal note, something that is out of copyright is in the public domain. That means that anyone can sell it, not that no-one can sell it.

I said "as if it were his property".

Edited by nmarks

Here's another testimonial from the now defunct http://www.howtostartaforum.com/articles/forum-phenomena.html

"I'd spent a bit of time searching around the internet looking for information on starting my forum and then I happened across your How To Start A Forum toolkit. Thanks goodness I found you. Your toolkit pointed me in all the right directions and importantly showed me how to construct my discussion forum in such a way that it's been a tearaway success. Thanks Michael.

Suzanne Finkly

CA, USA.

Google and Facebook both have zero results for the name Suzanne Finkly with that spelling.

Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone that has been busy researching this affair for continuing to provide me with so much amusement. Also wanted to provide a little bump to keep our ex housing minister on the front page.