House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jeeps

Yet Another Bargain Apparently In Bolton

Ok, was in the middle of sorting out a nice bach pad for me bro(first time buyer with a £30k deposit), check it out guys.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-866...pa_n=1&tr_t=buy

Now a bit of a background history- this property was initially up for £229 upon which it received no interest at all! It then dropped down to £199k, again no interest, so about a week or 2 ago it drops down to £189k and finally today to £184l. Me younger bro went and had a look, he liked it so we dwelled on it and today after getting a mortgage approval in principle combined with having the solicitors at the ready put in a "realistic" offer of £168k. Omfg, the abuse from the halifax was unbeleivable, they were like, its priced realistically, yeh right- take a look at the stats- was bought for £90k so fair play, don't hav a beef with people making money on property but surely one would have thought that offering £78k profit would have seen lucrative. Other properties in the area have been static too spec in terms of that price. So to cut a long story short, the words which came back from the agent were the vendor can't afford to lose that money.

Mmm, now where was I reading about debt on the weekend huh.

P.s no I'm not one to talk but really thought this wud hav been a winner.

Edited by jeeps

It would be a nice house if it wasn't 5 feet from the house next door. I really hate how modern houses are built almost on top of each other.

Ok, was in the middle of sorting out a nice bach pad for me bro(first time buyer with a £30k deposit), check it out guys.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-866...pa_n=1&tr_t=buy

Now a bit of a background history- this property was initially up for £229 upon which it received no interest at all! It then dropped down to £199k, again no interest, so about a week or 2 ago it drops down to £189k and finally today to £184l. Me younger bro went and had a look, he liked it so we dwelled on it and today after getting a mortgage approval in principle combined with having the solicitors at the ready put in a "realistic" offer of £168k. Omfg, the abuse from the halifax was unbeleivable, they were like, its priced realistically, yeh right- take a look at the stats- was bought for £90k so fair play, don't hav a beef with people making money on property but surely one would have thought that offering £78k profit would have seen lucrative. Other properties in the area have been static too spec in terms of that price. So to cut a long story short, the words which came back from the agent were the vendor can't afford to lose that money.

Mmm, now where was I reading about debt on the weekend huh.

P.s no I'm not one to talk but really thought this wud hav been a winner.

I love it! It makes the estate agents look such W@NKERS! Can you imagine? 'No problems Mr Smith, I reckon we'll get £229k for this .... well actually Mr Smith we've had F*CK ALL interest - maybe we ought to nip down below the magic 200k barrier ... still no interest ... what's that you say? drop it a bit more .... I really wouldn't recommend that Mr Smith, just a question of finding the right buyer .... let's try 184k and not take a penny less than 180k.... Mr Smith - it's your knowledgeable and friendly estate agent here Mr Smith, it's like this Mr Smith, you know that bloke that viewed on Saturday, Mr Jeeps, well turns out he's a bloody nutter, so he is. He has put in an offer, a bloody derisory offer Mr Smith, an offer to be dismissed out of hand in our opinion, an offer of £168k Mr Smith.

What a ******* b@stard!

Well I'm glad you agree with us Mr Smith, we were all saying in the office what a cheeky b@st ....

Oh, you mean I'm a ******************. Well I'm sorry you take that attitude, we're only doing our best you know.

'Yes but you told me I'd get 229k for it and the only offer you've got me so far is 168k. I'd say that makes you incompetent and stupid. Wouldn't you?'

Edited by Marina

I love it! It makes the estate agents look such W@NKERS! Can you imagine? 'No problems Mr Smith, I reckon we'll get £229k for this .... well actually Mr Smith we've had F*CK ALL interest - maybe we ought to nip down below the magic 200k barrier ... still no interest ... what's that you say? drop it a bit more .... I really wouldn't recommend that Mr Smith, just a question of finding the right buyer .... let's try 184k and not take a penny less than 180k.... Mr Smith - it's your knowledgeable and friendly estate agent here Mr Smith, it's like this Mr Smith, you know that bloke that viewed on Saturday, Mr Jeeps, well turns out he's a bloody nutter, so he is. He has put in an offer, a bloody derisory offer Mr Smith, an offer to be dismissed out of hand in our opinion, an offer of £168k Mr Smith.

What a ******* b@stard!

Well I'm glad you agree with us Mr Smith, we were all saying in the office what a cheeky b@st ....

Oh, you mean I'm a ******************. Well I'm sorry you take that attitude, we're only doing our best you know.

'Yes but you told me I'd get 229k for it and the only offer you've got me so far is 168k. I'd say that makes you incompetent and stupid. Wouldn't you?'

Could be summed up as . . . . .

VI Bank 'holds up' market - in more ways than one! ;)

These kind of house were being built for yeah what you said 90k a few years ago. So err what warrants the 100% increase? They're still the same shite build quality, still in the same SIMS'esque neighbourhoods, with identikit 10 ft gardens, and plasterboard walls. What gives?

Sounds like a more than reasonable offer, I'd tell the agent to shove it. I'd use the purchase price of the previous owner as an argument . There's no excuse for agents ridiculing sensible offers. They won't make any money with lots of overpriced houses remaining unsold.

Edited by simon99

Jeeps, do you know the EAs passed the offer on?

Why don't you put it in writing to the vendors? Say the offer stands for x weeks.

Oh, and a very nice house for a FTB by the way!

Guest pioneer31

This is going to sound awful but....

It certainly wasn't worth £229. My old folks house is probably only worth that now and its bigger (not breezeblock junk) with a large conservatory tacked on. My mate has bought a house just like that and its worth about £140 - £150 (but he paid much less for it). I've been on that estate and it has the feeling of toytown. The houses look very pretty but everything feels cramped. It's also 200 yards from a main road where chavs drink outside the off licence.

Sorry if this sounds a bit critical but my point is that the offer you put in is no bargain - the original price was ridiculous, even by 2005 standards

Edited by pioneer31

Wonder what vendors think then when a house is linked to from HPC. A friend of mine has a house on the market at the moment and they get stats from the agent to tell them how may "hits" they've had on their house from Rightmove...... I bet a surge of hits from HPC's makes vendors think their house is generating loads of interest, thus must be priced correctly....

Would love to be there when they finally realise that no viewings are forthcoming :D

Besides could you not suggest to the agent that if the vendor were to pass the reduction onwards up the chain, then infact they may be able to afford the offer - that is unless they've MEW'ed with not much to show.....

This is going to sound awful but....

It certainly wasn't worth £229. My old folks house is probably only worth that now and its bigger (not breezeblock junk) with a large conservatory tacked on. My mate has bought a house just like that and its worth about £140 - £150 (but he paid much less for it). I've been on that estate and it has the feeling of toytown. The houses look very pretty but everything feels cramped. It's also 200 yards from a main road where chavs drink outside the off licence.

Sorry if this sounds a bit critical but my point is that the offer you put in is no bargain - the original price was ridiculous, even by 2005 standards

No probs Pioneer, you are right mate, the offy next to the chippy, chavs galore. However its just right for a FTB and for my brother and his gf is spot on plus is further down the estate.

I'm just so amazed that vendors cannot be realistic about a genuine serious offer. What does one have to do today to avoid getting ripped off. The mortgage approval is there, a solicitor is waiting, he can move in before xmas.

I'm just so hoping for this property to drop and then I can do a told you so or even better for this property to come off the market! As for Halifax estate agents, oh my god, how out of touch are they with reality. When I spoke to the agent, they told me "we have some of the best valuers in Bolton"

Ha ha, I just have to laugh. As for if the agent has passed on the offer, one can never know!!! For those that want to have a bigger laugh, have a look at the original price:- number 2 down

http://www.nethouseprices.com/component/op.../limitstart,10/

What a typically English pissant little sh1thole. Still I suppose some uneducated bint will 'fall-in-love' with it and demand that her 'man' buys it so she can set up her nest. Maybe a country deserves the houses it has just as a country and its people deserves the government it gets.