House Price Crash Forum
Tempest

Ea Closed In Sw London

I live in Wandsworth SW London - driving back from Wimbledon today to see the Earlsfield brach of Jackson Stops & Staff closed and whitewashed over... very sudden. They are quite a big chain.

Checked with a cheeky phone call to a neighbouring branch and the Wimbldeon office is "handling that offices sales from now on".

They only opened in Jan 2004.

What do you think that means...? You don't close a branch if its making money.

As a hint (leading indicator) we were bombarded with flyers from them (among other agents) over the last 6 months saying things like "we have buyers in your area keen to buy etc etc please call us, please..."

Pleased me that.

Edited: Sorry Mods - you can move to the "your area" forum once it has had an hour or two/drops off the page.

Edited by Tempest

I live in Wandsworth SW London - driving back from Wimbledon today to see the Earlsfield brach of Jackson Stops & Staff closed and whitewashed over... very sudden. They are quite a big chain.

Checked with a cheeky phone call to a neighbouring branch and the Wimbldeon office is "handling that offices sales from now on".

They only opened in Jan 2004.

What do you think that means...?

Bad news for the sale of MINI Coopers, horrible wine and cheap suits!

Jackson Stops & Staff shut in Twickenham a good 9 months ago IIRC - originally sign in windows said "closed for refurbishment" but that has since gone - although the empty office is still there so I suspect they're still lumbered with the lease for it. Still too many EAs in Twickers anyway.

Jackson Stops & Staff shut in Twickenham a good 9 months ago IIRC - originally sign in windows said "closed for refurbishment" but that has since gone - although the empty office is still there so I suspect they're still lumbered with the lease for it. Still too many EAs in Twickers anyway.

I've got a feeling their Teddington branch has gone too.