House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Swansea Ea Browsing Today

I did some EA browsing today in a suburb of Swansea.

Spoke to one EA and he admitted that prices were going to fall - actually used "bubble" and "crashing" in the same sentence about local HPs. At which point I gave him the HPC speel.

I spoke to another who told me their agency no longer advertised in the local property paper as it was no longer cost effective due to the absence of buyers.

Went into a third and after 20 minutes or so I managed to get one of them to say "Alright" which I took as a gesture of greeting to which I replied "Good morning" - I thought the local branch of this particular EAs was rude but it seems that most of their branches are the same.

I was going to give them a lesson in manners and how to greet customers when a middle-aged woman walked in proclaiming "Do you have any smallholdings. I must buy a smallholding. My brother, sister and I want one with out houses. We all going to buy it together."... causing the the pound signs to light up in the EA's eyes.

I went into several others and at no point did anyone say "Good morning" to me or acknowledge my existence. Appalling attitude. Oh almost forgot...

The last one I went into had all the phones going off - 3 or 4 of them. There was one EA in the 'shop' and he told me to ignore them as they had set up the phones to constantly ring - make of that what you will.

I did some EA browsing today in a suburb of Swansea.

Spoke to one EA and he admitted that prices were going to fall - actually used "bubble" and "crashing" in the same sentence about local HPs. At which point I gave him the HPC speel.

I spoke to another who told me their agency no longer advertised in the local property paper as it was no longer cost effective due to the absence of buyers.

Went into a third and after 20 minutes or so I managed to get one of them to say "Alright" which I took as a gesture of greeting to which I replied "Good morning" - I thought the local branch of this particular EAs was rude but it seems that most of their branches are the same.

I was going to give them a lesson in manners and how to greet customers when a middle-aged woman walked in proclaiming "Do you have any smallholdings. I must buy a smallholding. My brother, sister and I want one with out houses. We all going to buy it together."... causing the the pound signs to light up in the EA's eyes.

I went into several others and at no point did anyone say "Good morning" to me or acknowledge my existence. Appalling attitude. Oh almost forgot...

The last one I went into had all the phones going off - 3 or 4 of them. There was one EA in the 'shop' and he told me to ignore them as they had set up the phones to constantly ring - make of that what you will.

I moved into a (rented) flat above an estate agents recently

(when old landlords chucked me out at

short notice, having managed to rope in a buyer willing to

pay 50k less than original asking price).

Anyroad: I can hear when their phone rings, and if that is six times a day it's unusual.

Pretty young assistant tells me she spends her time on eBay and this week a sign has gone

in the window offering "office services".

I fully expect them to be taking in washing next...