House Price Crash Forum
Sour Mash

So - What Will The Next Bubble Be In?

why? do you think that people will speculate and rush to buy stock in military hardware but for some reason when it gets used :o that stock would plummet?

The lack of buyers after its use'll kinda make it worthless, but in the run up all that force showing'll make it a desirable area.

Although tongue in cheek, in case you missed that.

The lack of buyers after its use'll kinda make it worthless, but in the run up all that force showing'll make it a desirable area.

Although tongue in cheek, in case you missed that.

No, I did not miss that!

Well, may be a little bit.

It still isn't funny.

Nob!

:lol:

Isn't that our collective guilty secret? As much as we rail aganst the sheeple and the ho moanerz on HPC. As much as we denounce the pols as dunces and the bankers as crooks, the sad reality is if only we'd been smarter, quicker or richer we'd have loaded the boat too...

That is true. I try to learn from things, its hard to overcome ego though and admit a different choice would be better!

Well what we can learn is that proving yourself right in the market can be an expensive venture. (Although I was unable to participate in the market in 2004).

Now what did Soros say about that this is the "Ultimate bubble?"

How is it that so many people on a site like this can have no understanding of what a bubble is ffs?

We have one with the FTSE at the moment, which is just waiting to burst when the automated trades go pear shaped.

Bonds

Interesting to see that the pellet in that video that caused the bubble to pop actually made it to the other side of the bubble and out to freedom, milliseconds before total annihilation of the bubble.

I'm sure there is something deep and meaningful there, but I can't be bothered to think it through. :P

I think the next bubble to pop maybe the trade deficits. Don't think you can import more than you export for ever. At some point China, Germany and the oil producing nations are going to wise up and realise they are not going to be paid.

I think the next bubble to pop maybe the trade deficits. Don't think you can import more than you export for ever. At some point China, Germany and the oil producing nations are going to wise up and realise they are not going to be paid.

World trade sums to zero. You could equally say we have a bubble in trade surpluses and eventually the US and UK are going to wise up and realise they are not going to be able to reduce unemployment.

Land, "they're not making any more", trouble is too many have worked it out, I hope to get a place with a good sized garden 1/3 acre+ for under 400,000 next year, but finding one aint easy.

World trade sums to zero. You could equally say we have a bubble in trade surpluses and eventually the US and UK are going to wise up and realise they are not going to be able to reduce unemployment.

I would rather be unemployed and have stuff than be employed and not have stuff. What is the point of working if you don't get stuff?

I would rather be unemployed and have stuff than be employed and not have stuff. What is the point of working if you don't get stuff?

That's the bottom line - the whole motivation to work for others, as most of us do, is so that you can improve your material situation with the income you generate.

If you are working for yourself then you are still working in pursuit of a better standard of living but with added factor of wanting to see your enterprise succeed against competitors.

Working and living like a pauper is not my idea of a good time.