House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Joe

Another Blow To My Savings

Got up this morning to find some fvckin scrotes have stabbed all four tyres on my car. They have done over twenty cars on my road.

Day off work and four tyres means an expensive start to the week.

Girl across the way said she saw a team of hoody chavs knocking about last night. I live in a quite village which just goes to show nowhere is safe.

Best thing is the law are to busy to turn up until this afternoon.

You all have a nice day now.

Mr Joe.

Got up this morning to find some fvckin scrotes have stabbed all four tyres on my car. They have done over twenty cars on my road.

Girl across the way said she saw a team of hoody chavs knocking about last night. I live in a quite village which just goes to show nowhere is safe.

Mr Joe.

SAW 2 ?

what did the police say?

Happened to a family member once, parked a brand new company car is a pub car park in a deprived area, came back and one tyre had been cut into. IMO the person who did it was jelous, when the economy goes wrong expect all types of crime to increase....

Edited by moosetea

Mr Joe.

Where, roughly, do you live?

I guess stories like this contribute to the general feeling this country is going to the dogs - which causes 350,000 decent, hard-working, law-abiding citizens to leave these shores each year and look for a better life.

You should have told the police you had caught one of the b@stards and had him held at knifepoint in your garden. They'd have come running then.

If you had a video camera on the front of your house which could see further than half way across the pavement - and you had filmed them doing it - you would have broken the law under the Human Rights Act. This is not a joke. A while ago a bloke did precisely this - filmed some yobs trashing his car and emailed the file to the local police. They nicked him.

Now, where IS my medication this morning.

Edited by Marina

Guest Bart of Darkness

Be thankful that they will actually consent to get out of their cars to come and see you.

I think the police will only be really happy when everyone is fitted with car-style number plates, so that they never need to get out of their cars at all to solve crimes.

My friend had her car broken into on her drive. (Semi rural area).

The police hotline didn't give a monkeys until she happened to slip into the conversation the fact that a screwdriver had been left on the seat.

As soon as there's evidence, then they're interested.

I live in a village just outside Leyland in Lancashire. My brother has just popped in. He lives around the corner. Yes his car has been attacked aswell.

I remember a few years ago a guy was murdered with a screw driver trying to tackle car theives. I must admit I would have been temped to restrain them if I had seen them. I probobly would have been prosecuted for assault knowing how the system works.

Mr Joe.

Guest Bart of Darkness
I probobly would have been prosecuted for assault knowing how the system works.

And suddenly the police would be there in the morning, not the afternoon.

Suddenly there would be no problem with lack of police time or lack of evidence.

Bah!

And suddenly the police would be there in the morning, not the afternoon.

Suddenly there would be no problem with lack of police time or lack of evidence.

Bah!

Are you saying System is skewed towards the offenders and their Huma rights ?

thats what I think

Are you saying System is skewed towards the offenders and their Huma rights ?

thats what I think

The system is skewed in favour of crimes the police know they can solve, resources are much better spent solving a simple crime rather than investigating something they know will possibly end up without a conviction.

This is because the Police are results driven and not actually bothered about what the actual crime is.

Forget going to the police alone. They're overburdened with paperwork as it is.

Could you find all injured parties affected, group together, offer reward for information leading to successful then bring some sort of civil case against the little scrotes and their negligent parents? Alone you can forget any action. If police have an entire neighbourhood on their backs along with the local paper, something might get done.

Check your insurance for legal support for loss recovery too.

btp

Mr Joe.

just take it on the chin like the rest of us. if you want to continue enjoying grossly unfair wealth and opportunity distribution, then you have to accept the social consequences of this. an occasional tyre slashing for your life of relative comfort is getting off quite lightly really.

be thankful that you are not a 'hoody chav' who will never have any savings to take 'Another Blow To'

Could be worse, I hear that the latest craze in west reading is to firebomb cars; quite a few have been done I hear.

Fxxxing scum the lot of them

I and others think we know who they are but its almost impossible to prove. One guy whos gone to work in his wifes car has CCTV so we might be able to watch the incidents occuring. Im going to pop round and see him later.

If I got CCTV and caught any future incidents would this be enought evidence in court? If nothing can be done to convict individiuals for their crimes whats the future? Vigilantism?

Mr Joe.

Guest Bart of Darkness
just take it on the chin like the rest of us. if you want to continue enjoying grossly unfair wealth and opportunity distribution

I come from the same socio-economic background as these vermin.

I live on a council estate, have done all my life.

The difference is I work for a living and don't go around slashing tyres, firebombing cars or robbing people.

I have respect for the law, even if I don't care for the way it is enforced at the moment.

If I can do it, why can't they?

(I think it has something to do with taking responsiblity for your own life and living with the consequences of your actions, two things that modern Britain does not encourage.)

If I can do it, why can't they?

(I think it has something to do with taking responsiblity for your own life and living with the consequences of your actions, two things that modern Britain does not encourage.)

Much easier to be a chav, especially if they are effectively beyond the reach of the law.

What's the point in working for a living if the Government will give you everything you need and you can steal everything else.

Could be an interesting new thread, what do you do about this vermin (red hot pokers and similar not allowed)

four tyres on my car. They have done over twenty cars on my road.

Just as well that you drive a ford fiesta – and it will only cost £2 a tyre

If you had an expensive BMW with some 255/30/17 you would be really screwed

I know cost does not come into it but it could be worse

Guest Charlie The Tramp

If I got CCTV and caught any future incidents would this be enought evidence in court? If nothing can be done to convict individiuals for their crimes whats the future? Vigilantism?

Mr Joe.

You must display clearly by signs that CCTV is in operation and use a video recorder which stamps date and time. These are normally time lapse with 24 hour up to 7 days or longer recording facilities.

This is then acceptable as evidence in court. A camcorder can do the same thing.

There was a case of a conviction against an individual when a shopkeeper used a camcorder to record him being robbed.

Guest Bart of Darkness

Much easier to be a chav, especially if they are effectively beyond the reach of the law.

What's the point in working for a living if the Government will give you everything you need and you can steal everything else.

I have to agree.

I don't so much blame the chavs, they are the product of our modern society. Allow people to behave like this and there will always be a sizeable minority who do.

The fault lies with my generation and the previous one for being weak and wishy-washy with them. These kind of scum have always existed, but (IMO) they've never had such a free reign as they do now.

What to do with them? Well, one option, which I think would genuinely benefit the little scrotes, is say 6 months National Service.

Having seen Bad Lads Army: Officer Class I was surprised to see how changed (and improved) the lads were after only a few weeks of military discipline.

Discipline in many cases, being a novelty for them.

Wouldn't this be better for them than spending the same time in a jail, where rehabilitation is something of a lost cause.

Some sort of "three strikes and automatic NS conscription" rule?

I think that, having seen some real scumbags turned around on Bad Lads, this could be the best thing that could happen to these guys who slashed all those tyres.

And by implication, for the rest of society as a whole.

This is from the Neighbours from hell forum. Doktor Jon

As it stands at the moment, the only instrument that has any control (in the U.K.) over the placement of CCTV cameras on the outside of buildings, is the:-

Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) Order 1995 (S.I. 418:1995)

and in Scotland the:-

Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development)(Scotland) Amendment Order 1996: Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) Cameras (S.I. 1996 No 1266).

Both do much the same thing, but the Scottish version does have a couple of common sense additions, which I'll explain later.

First off, The T&CP (GPD) Order '95 Part 33, Section A classes any CCTV camera as being "Permitted Development" unless it (they) are in breach of any of the clauses in Section A.1

In Section A.1, if any of the following apply, then a planning application will need to be lodged and approved by the Local Authority. Without a valid planning consent, any of the following would be classed as "unlawful" development, which apart from being ..... unlawful, would also compromise the possibility of submitting any video recorded evidence (i.e. unlawful cameras are only capable of producing evidence that has been unlawfully obtained).

According to Section A.1, development is not permitted if:-

a] the building on which the camera would be installed, altered or replaced is a listed building or a scheduled monument. (Although not listed in this Order, most if not all Local Authorities would exercise further controls if the cameras are to be installed within a designated 'Conservation' area. If in doubt, it's best to check with the local planning officer).

b] the dimensions of the camera / housing exceed 75 centimetres x 25 centimetres x 25 centimetres (that's roughly 29.5 inches x 9.8 inches x 9.8 inches in old money).

c] any part of the camera would, when installed, altered or replaced, be less than 250 centimetres above ground level (2.5 metres is roughly equal to 8 feet 2 and a bit inches).

d] any part of the camera would, when installed, altered or replaced, protrude from the surface of the building by more than one metre when measured from the surface of the building.

e] any part of the camera would, when installed, altered or replaced, be in contact with the surface of the building at a point which is more than one metre from any other point of contact.

f] any part of the camera would be less than 10 metres from any part of another camera installed on a building ( I would imagine that for the purposes of interpretation, if two cameras are less than 10 metres apart, then they would both be classed as unlawful, after all, one cannot be without the other ).

g] the development would result in the presence of more than four cameras on the same side of the building; or

h] the development would result in the presence of more than 16 cameras on the building.

In Section A.2, the development (installation of cameras) is permitted by Class A subject to the following conditions:-

a] the camera shall, so far as is practicable, be sited so as to minimise its effect on the external appearance of the building on which it is situated;

b] the camera shall be removed as soon as reasonably practicable after it is no longer required for security purposes.

In Section A.3 definitions are provided for:-

"camera" (except in A.1b) includes its housing, pan and tilt mechanism, infra red illuminator, receiver, mountings and brackets, and

"ground level" means the level of the surface of the ground immediately adjacent to the building or, where the level of the surface of the ground is not uniform, the level of the highest part of the surface of the ground adjacent to it.

Strewth

The 'Scottish Law' also includes:-

Part 25, Class 72 - which extends permitted development rights "to include the installation, alteration or replacement on buildings or other structures (such as walls, fences or poles) of CCTV cameras for security purposes, subject to specified limits on size numbers and positioning. The new class does not apply within conservation areas or national scenic areas. Nor does it give permitted development rights to poles or other structures specially constructed to hold cameras; these still require planning consent".

Also "Each camera must be sited so as to minimise its effect on the external appearance of the building or structure...". "The field of vision of a camera should, so far as practicable, not extend beyond the boundaries of the land where it is sited or any adjoining land to which the public have access. Intrusion and inconvenience to neighbours should be limited so far as is practicable without compromising the cameras effectiveness for security purposes".

According to the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister (ODPM) the current UK legislation is under review, although not specifically with regard to CCTV.

Having carried out some 'spot' research with London's local authorities, roughly a third of the planning officers that responded, didn't mention this key legislation, and in fact provided totally misleading (and factually incorrect) information.

Given that there appears to be very few planning consents for CCTV in London, it is a fairly safe bet that nationally, there are perhaps tens of thousands of Closed Circuit TV cameras, which have been installed 'unlawfully'.

Hope you find this useful,

regards

Doktor Jon

moby

My NFH took photographs of my daughters over the fence in our back garden and the Police told me that as he was his property at the time then there was nothing they could do to stop him. You can imagine how pleased I was about that.

When it comes to filming like that though I have no idea what the law says, but be prepared for the Police to tell you that they're not interested.

I totally agree with you about how crazy it is that we're not allowed to film our own children in nativity plays and the like but our NFH appear to have carte blanche to film them whenever they so choose.

moby

Immobulus

I was told by our ASBO team that it is fine to video "incidents" with a camcorder and that these are admissable in court. The children we are filming are very aware that they are being filmed as they were shown video taken of them kicking a ball against our bay window by their social worker.

Kind Regards Immobulus

just take it on the chin like the rest of us. if you want to continue enjoying grossly unfair wealth and opportunity distribution, then you have to accept the social consequences of this. an occasional tyre slashing for your life of relative comfort is getting off quite lightly really.

be thankful that you are not a 'hoody chav' who will never have any savings to take 'Another Blow To'

What a stupid reply. Thanks to bellends like you we live in a PC world such as this.

So what you are saying is because people want to get out and better themselves, people should be allowed to attack them in the street and get away scot free??

Last year just before x-mass some chavs came down my road with a can (or 2) of white cellulose spray paint- at first they were quite artistic with painting tits and the word C U * T on the cars. Every car in the road got white markings- My neighbour got a wobbly go faster stripe on his black chavtastic mondao – must have devalued it by at least the value of a can of black!

One of my minimum specs for a house was a drive – I survived the white attack –

So take my advice after the crash buy a house with a drive

Where i live it seems to be a case of when not if it will happen.

Tyre Slashings Continue

Since May 2005, over 400 cars in Coventry, Nuneaton and Bedworth have had their tyres slashed by vandals. Total damage is estimated at over £40,000. Although one man has been charged and bailed, the motive for the attacks appears unknown.

Police have appealed to the public to keep their eyes and ears open, particularly between midnight and dawn when all the attacks have taken place.

If you spot anyone behaving suspiciously near parked cars late at night, dial 999.

"A reward of up to £1000 has been put forward by Crimestoppers for information leading to the arrest and charge of the person or people responsible and the information can be given anonymously by contacting the Crimestoppers line on 0800 555111."

http://iccoventry.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news...-name_page.html

http://iccoventry.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news...-name_page.html