House Price Crash Forum
Maddog21

Location , Location , Location

That's grossly unfair. Kirstie applied her years of expertise to help a vulnerable young couple secure their first family home AND saved them £5k in the process. That £5k could provide clothing for their first child for many years.

Vapid and Gormless were in Chorlton back in January so expect more of the same about the most fashionable crime ridden South Manchester suburb later in the series.

Half expect an appearance by Vapid at the sausage themed cafe.

I liked the bit where the couple who had been given £60k by BOMAD were shown in a homes & interiors shop, as since their new gaff had come in under budget, they now had money to spend !!!

:blink::blink::blink:

MOD EDIT -- OFFENSIVE PERSONAL REMARK REMOVED. KIRSTY HAS COMPLAINED ABOUT THE REMARKS MADE ABOUT HER ON PUBLIC FORUMS AND IT WILL NOT BE TOLERATED BY FUBRA.

Is it too late for me to reply with the following comment....?

Liar groans!

Chose themselves a relatively safe area , market holding up well, for their first episode ,

And even then they couldn't keep to script.

what sort of EA is it who when told "we would like a house in St Albans" says "perhaps we can interest you in this one in Luton", You might just as well offer them one on the moon!

tim

what sort of EA is it who when told "we would like a house in St Albans" says "perhaps we can interest you in this one in Luton",

one that has a client whose budget is 100k less than the going rate for a 3 bed house in St Albans. ;)

That's the bit that I really can't understand Why do they never consider that they can rent a nice place for X but can only buy a pokey sh*thole for x+y? How can they not see that this is completely ****-about-face?

Because they’d suffered the "we've rented five different places in five years" malarkey.

It wasn't clear why but if it was because "the LL wanted the property back" each time then they were extraordinarily unlucky, not one of the (3) properties that I have rented in the past 6 years would I have had to move from if it wasn't for a job move (or in the last case, lack of job move)

tim

one that has a client whose budget is 100k less than the going rate for a 3 bed house in St Albans. ;)

OK, but they atill aren't going to accept Luton as an alternative.

tim

the bit that winds me up most is the "sat in the pub waiting for the phone call" segment.

a whole crew of people have been employed to make that into a piece of television. remarkable.

I forgot one little clip from the other night that I found amusing.

One of the couples was viewing a house, they're upstairs pretending to look at stuff just before Phil walks in for a chat but they're looking inside a free-standing wardrobe! Clearly the present owners aren't going to include the clothes in the price, you'd also expect they will take the wardrobe, so what in God's name were they looking at?!

Can someone explain to me how someone who had a home finding business that went bust still be on TV as a home finding expert?

Could he have struck a better deal on his own home purchase perhaps? A larger discount might have been handy?

For the past 18 months, Phil Spencer's life has had all the drama, jeopardy and upset of an episode of Location, Location, Location – without the happy ending. The television presenter's home finding business, Garrington, went into administration early this year

He bought the family home in Wandsworth four years ago, where he lives with his wife Fiona and sons Jake, five, and Ben, three. "We've been renovating it recently and it's a strange sensation spending to make a house bigger when it's value is going through the floor."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/propertymarket/5933320/Phil-Spencer-from-boom-to-bust.html

Can someone explain to me how someone who had a home finding business that went bust still be on TV as a home finding expert?

I met Phil once and asked him that very question.

He told me: "It was a bunch of tight-fisted b'stards on HPC who were happy to rent that caused my business to collapse."

So there you have it: you were to blame.

Poor Phil.

I met Phil once and asked him that very question.

He told me: "It was a bunch of tight-fisted b'stards on HPC who were happy to rent that caused my business to collapse."

So there you have it: you were to blame.

Poor Phil.

I guess we're bastards because we don't want to throw money away and because we prefer to rent than buy at silly exorbidant prices. In that case, I take it as a compliment. :)

Krusty: "She's done exactly what i would have recommended she should do 9 yrs ago: worked hard and saved her deposit"

WTF??!!

What happened to pressuring people to buy as soon as possible for fear of missing the boat? Don't ever recall recomnending someone in rented "sat tight" and saved more!!

Krusty: "She's done exactly what i would have recommended she should do 9 yrs ago: worked hard and saved her deposit"

WTF??!!

What happened to pressuring people to buy as soon as possible for fear of missing the boat? Don't ever recall recomnending someone in rented "sat tight" and saved more!!

I am watching on C4 +1 and those very words almost made me post here.

When sposhe said them she couldn't really keep a straight face though, and seemed to choke on the words.

Anyone with twitter want to make a tweet about it ?

WTF??!!

Property bulls are always happy to re-write history.

I didn't watch it all, did the girl buy a flat? Did she tap up her parents for some cash?

Yes, but not the one Krusty offered £137K for on her behalf. The girl set the offer, but the seller knocked that one back. Then the girl found a basement flat off her own bat (but rather beyond her means) that suited her in Hove, and Mum and Dad bunged in a lump of cash.

Phil meanwhile was plainly very ill at ease with the gay couple he had been allocated. The Sir Anthony Blunt look-alike treated him with a rather arch condescension, looking with patrician distaste at Phil's car dealer's lurid blue overcoat and bookie's cheesecutter cap.

Phil obviously had little to contribute to house-hunting for an architectural historian and a designer/project manager. Other than constant and slightly desperate references to their dog, a bemused elderly terrier named Bruno.

Phil's offer to show the Blunt look-alike around a potential conversion church went down like a cup of cold sick. Blunt informed Phil that he was unable to even enter any building that had once been consecrated.

He looked at Phil as if the property 'guru' had dropped one...

It turned out that the twosome were looking for something to develop and flog on, rather than a haven for their twilight years. They hadn't confided any of this to Phil, perhaps hoping they might flog a property to him at some future point...

He was left as bemused as Bruno.

Edited by juvenal

Yes, but not the one Krusty offered £137K for on her behalf. The girl set the offer, but the seller knocked that one back. Then the girl found a basement flat off her own bat (but rather beyond her means) that suited her in Hove, and Mum and Dad bunged in a lump of cash.

Phil meanwhile was plainly very ill at ease with the gay couple he had been allocated. The Sir Anthony Blunt look-alike treated him with a rather arch condescension, looking with patrician distaste at Phil's car dealer's lurid blue overcoat and bookie's cheesecutter cap.

Phil obviously had little to contribute to house-hunting for an architectural historian and a designer/project manager. Other than constant and slightly desperate references to their dog, a bemused elderly terrier named Bruno.

Phil's offer to show the Blunt look-alike around a potential conversion church went down like a cup of cold sick. Blunt informed Phil that he was unable to even enter any building that had once been consecrated.

He looked at Phil as if the property 'guru' had dropped one...

It turned out that the twosome were looking for something to develop and flog on, rather than a haven for their twilight years. They hadn't confided any of this to Phil, perhaps hoping they might flog a property to him at some future point...

He was left as bemused as Bruno.

cheers J. It was all too predictable from the initial condescending patter about doing the right thing, all the while dangling the carrot of Bank of Mum and Dad's 20 grand. C'est la vie.

Some of us without that sort of help available will have to wait till parents stop ponying up money.

Edited by SeeYouNextTuesday

watched it with much amusement. The architectural historian (who would have been retired on a comfy pension) and the 'developer' would not have ONLY 500K for a 'together forever home' - they were looking for an undeveloped 'gem' to make some money out of (good luck with finding that in Sussex - although they may in their second choice of Lincolnshire)

it was so much a set up - including cute dog of course - it was actually quite entertaining. :)