House Price Crash Forum

Boris (Tory Leader)

Bosh

Tory leader David Cameron appears to be under more pressure as a poll suggests the London mayor is a popular choice to oust him.

http://news.sky.com/story/983977/tory-leader-boris-would-boost-party-ratings

I like Boris. I voted for him in the Mayoral elections and would do so again. Can we see him leading the Country? Would he be taken seriously enough?

Not sure he could do any worse than what we currently have and what we could end up with after the next GE....

:D

http://news.sky.com/...t-party-ratings

I like Boris. I voted for him in the Mayoral elections and would do so again. Can we see him leading the Country? Would he be taken seriously enough?

Not sure he could do any worse than what we currently have and what we could end up with after the next GE....

They're all 'Friends of Boris Johnson', what difference would it make?

Boris is smart and appears to be capable of taking decisions. I suspect he'd do a better job.

I like Boris....but being mayor of London answerable to yourself I would imagine is a completely different kettle of fish than being a prime minister with all the hangers-on and chiefs that would surround you. ;)

http://news.sky.com/story/983977/tory-leader-boris-would-boost-party-ratings

Boris has the ability to charm people who have no interest in politics- that said, I reckon he might regret it if he became PM, as it seems a crap job compared to Mayor, too many careerists trying to stick the knife in, one way or another (Cameron is a deserved recipient of this sort of behaviour though!).

I like Boris....but being mayor of London answerable to yourself I would imagine is a completely different kettle of fish than being a prime minister with all the hangers-on and chiefs that would surround you. ;)

Quite

Voted for him for mayor mostly because Labour were crazy enough to put Ken up again.

The whole "bumbling buffoon" schtick is one thing for london's mayor where the job is basically to be a publicist for London / yourself. Slightly different when your talking about going to war, hospital closures, economic stagnation...

I also suspect his "golly gosh" antics rapidly wear off the further north you go...

PS His views on bankers wouldn't go down well either. He's the only person who still thinks Diamond is a "good egg"

I don't think any politician goes into politics not wanting the ultimate power. Boris has ruled himself out for PM, which means that he'll definitely have a go when the time is right.

How very Yes Minister - Party Games I believe, no handy clip on youtube, so it must be true.

Pro London, Pro Citeh, Pro central control.

More of the same Tory sh1t that got us here.

And after the next GE, we'll have more of the NuLabour sh1t that got us here......

If Boris stands for election to parliament in the next GE, I will make a prediction that he'll be PM 5 years after that.

Not putting that in a sig of course!

I don't doubt Boris would do stupid things.

He'd admit it though, apologise, knock something over during the apology, then apologise for that too.

Generally he calls it as he see's it and is usually pretty near the mark.

Yes he's a toff, yes he's a buffoon, but he doesn't try to pretend otherwise.

On the plus side, there's no way we'd end up invading Iran with him in charge. France maybe, Iran no.

Rather a buffoon than a smarmy sleazy liar.