House Price Crash Forum

New Beeny Property Ramping Series Starts Next Week

tim123

HOLA441
HOLA442

Which seems to be all the time. <_<

Not a breast man myself, but Christ, they were on display again last night weren't they? :)

Although she's looking a little older, but I suppose when you are either on your back fornicating or pushing another one out, it must be tiring.

well, with that constant half-brow patronising expression, you can't exactly look at her in the face, she's got to do the best with what she's got.

HOLA443
HOLA444

You can extend the house but not the plot, that house extension simply bricked over what was already a small garden, ended up looking ridiculous in its surroundings, what happened to location being everything, now got a £360k house (according to Beaney) on a estate of £200k properties.

What potential buyer would not find the extra £40k and buy the dream home on the large plot for £400k that they were drooling over.

Thought the basement conversion was very sensible.

HOLA445

You can extend the house but not the plot, that house extension simply bricked over what was already a small garden

I thought the same thing. Not exactly a lot of room for the sprog(s) to play in and kick a football around in the future. :unsure:

Agree the basement conversion in the Bristol flat. That looked ace. :)

HOLA446

Anyone see last night?

The widower i can understand why she was on but 40 grand for a show kitchen extension?

However the other family, something didn't add up, had a funny feeling about it. Like they were doing it for property development's sake not just for living space. Wouldn't surprise me if they put it up for sale.

Missed the first show so wondering what the participants get out of going on the show. Any real help? Money/discounts/consultancy or just the chance to be on TV. They often ignore TV advice.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Anyone see last night?

The widower i can understand why she was on but 40 grand for a show kitchen extension?

However the other family, something didn't add up, had a funny feeling about it. Like they were doing it for property development's sake not just for living space. Wouldn't surprise me if they put it up for sale.

Missed the first show so wondering what the participants get out of going on the show. Any real help? Money/discounts/consultancy or just the chance to be on TV. They often ignore TV advice.

Only saw the second half, but you're right, the other family, it all seemed a bit odd. Selling your Porshe anf getting £5k for it is a drop in the ocean - especially whwn you're probably going to have to replace it with something (maybe they made £5k after buying the replacement?)

What I did like though were Beaney's serious concerns about going over budget - she may have joked about selling kidneys with them, but the voice over stressed that being in more debt than you planned to be in can have it's problems. Admittedly, she didn't go into the options (stress, divorce, bailiffs, etc) but the warning was there - which I don't remember in other programs she's done - or anyone else has done!

HOLA4410

What I did like though were Beaney's serious concerns about going over budget - she may have joked about selling kidneys with them, but the voice over stressed that being in more debt than you planned to be in can have it's problems. Admittedly, she didn't go into the options (stress, divorce, bailiffs, etc) but the warning was there - which I don't remember in other programs she's done - or anyone else has done!

The last series of Property Ladder, which - remember - she called Property Snakes and Ladders, contained various "talking heads" interviews added in talking about the financial crisis. There were some very sobering comments in those clips, including "the housing market cannot start to recover until after prices have returned to normal levels". On the whole I think she's the most responsible and cautious TV property presenter.

HOLA4411
On the whole I think she's the most responsible and cautious TV property presenter.

She's a former door-to-door sales person, and ran a sandwich business, before becoming a property developer. She's a bit of eye candy for telly, although she's obviously learned quite a lot about property over the years, especially with layouts. Unless there is an expert advisor on the show she consults with.

Responsible TV for property shows?

The people who've monged out infront of property shows and quickly convinced themselves house prices go up long term no matter what, 'can't go wrong with property', don't deserve any special treatment.

Not any special treatment above those who have educated themselves to be much better educated and informed, but who've still suffered by the actions of the property show fanatics outbidding them in the boom, convinced prices only go up for all their shallow reasons. Yet the TV property show disciples are getting special treatment it with QE and mortgage rates floored to help them pay back their banking masters, preventing a crash.

HOLA4412