House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Marina

Okay, So They're Selling

Just been out for a constitutional and found myself magnetically drawn to the show flat in the latest block of flats.

Quite a few are sold - been finished a few months now. But some aren't. 2 bed ground floor flat - what can you say - quite nice I suppose, not massive but not too poky - reasonably nice kitchen and bathroom - en-suite to master. How much? 235k.

Without any prompting or expressions of surprise this was followed up by: 'I shouldn't really tell you this but they'll take £200k.' Okay - so 15% off without asking. Wonder what they'd say if you said £185k.

3 bed flat - actually quite nice - big lounge and kitchen connected with an arch - silly 3rd bed - most people would use this as a study (but no phone point!) - anyway - list price £295k. 'You could get one of these for 250k'. Quarter of a million for a flat! Still - again its 15% off without asking.

They do seem to be getting these away whereas the ones opposite - finished about 9 months ago are mostly still empty. I went in there months and months ago and was offered a discount from £199k down to £167k (two phone calls later) - but, as I say, these aren't selling.

They are right outside Crowthorne railway station - Bellway homes I think. Sorry, stuck the brochure in a bin on the way home.

I would guess the 2 bed one is about 700 Sq ft - so £335 sq ft asking price. Available min 15% below this.

Marina, do you reckon you'll buy any of them?

God, no. Even if I were of the scumbag variety of human bean known as a property investor - I wouldn't buy something that is going down in price.

Funnily enough my attitude to property has hardened over the last couple of years. No bugger should be allowed to own more than one property - particularly members of the government.

Funnily enough my attitude to property has hardened over the last couple of years. No bugger should be allowed to own more than one property - particularly members of the government.

Oh bugger I've got two houses - and there was me thinking I might shag you.

David Blunkett

David Blunkett

Blunkett and his mates have been shagging me senseless for years.

Why not do the decent thing and give up one of the houses for someone else to live in. God bless you.

Edited by Marina

And given that your name is Cupid Stunt, I'm sure it all be "done in the best possible taste" !!! :lol::lol:

No bugger should be allowed to own more than one property - particularly members of the government.

An elected official should not be allowed any possessions at all.

On election all assets should be handed into a trust - out of their control.

They should not be permitted to earn more than an MPs salary for the rest of their lives.

Would sort the chaff from the wheat. Maybe get us some statesmen instead of more politicians.

Further, shareholders of companies should be made liable for the actions and debts of their companies - watch how quickly WorldCom fraud, Train crashes, Enron, Sky/Murdoch control-freakery, pension shortages, sexual harrassment, nepotism would vanish overnight. Currently shareholders have no vested interest in anything except profit.

An elected official should not be allowed any possessions at all.

On election all assets should be handed into a trust - out of their control.

They should not be permitted to earn more than an MPs salary for the rest of their lives.

Would sort the chaff from the wheat. Maybe get us some statesmen instead of more politicians.

Further, shareholders of companies should be made liable for the actions and debts of their companies - watch how quickly WorldCom fraud, Train crashes, Enron, Sky/Murdoch control-freakery, pension shortages, sexual harrassment, nepotism would vanish overnight. Currently shareholders have no vested interest in anything except profit.

I always thought I was radical. How can shareholders be makde liable for the actions and debts of the companies they invest in - they have no executive control over how the company is run.

I always thought I was radical. How can shareholders be makde liable for the actions and debts of the companies they invest in - they have no executive control over how the company is run.

...but they are the owners. They have complete control.