House Price Crash Forum

Osborne Booed At The Paralympics

ubuntu

HOLA441
1346712022[/url]' post='909129762']

The conservatives are a disgrace of a party, looking after their own personal short term intersts, turning back on their own long established credo to take on wilfully brown's economic myopia, print, print print and be damned and to hell with the consequences. Well they will be damned at the next election. They made a poor opposition to brown too.

I would have had much more respect for the Tories if they simply and deliberately campaigned to NOT win the election in 2010 citing that there was just too much economic turd to clear up after New Labour.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

much as I grimace at the sight of him,you're absolutely right.

he asked a question in the HoP circa 2004iirc azbout the credit bubble/housing market

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/66359-lib-dems-in-property-crash-warning

'

The Liberal Democrats have issued a stark warning to homeowners that the property market is set to crash.

Deputy leader Vince Cable said a decade of mismanagement by Gordon Brown had led to a "collective madness" around house prices which threatened to derail the economy.

Speaking at the party's conference in Brighton, he lambasted the "professional optimists" who had convinced the public that values could keep going up for ever.

"History tells us that bubbles burst; and every housing boom is followed by a crash whatever the papers say," he insisted.

Mr Cable laid the blame for the crisis squarely at the door of Mr Brown, saying that he had done nothing to prevent the housing market overheating during his 10 years as Chancellor, and now "chickens were coming home to roost".

History demonstrated that the housing "bubble" had to come to an end, he insisted.

"I deeply distrust the professional optimists - the banks, estate agents, government ministers - who seem to believe in an economic version of levitation," Mr Cable told delegates.

"This is something Gordon Brown understood ten years ago when he said in his first budget: 'I will not allow house prices to get out of control and put at risk the sustainability of recovery.' But that is exactly what he did. Why? Why did he exclude housing from the measure of inflation? Why did he not give the Bank of England responsibility for this, the most important and destabilising element in inflation?

"Why has he taken 10 years to produce a housing policy? Why was council and other social housing drastically curtailed forcing families into owner-occupation they cannot afford? Why was he so frightened of tackling the banks over debt promotion, unfair charges and irresponsible lending?

"As long as the boom has gone on, he has been able to avoid answering these questions but his day of reckoning cannot be far off."'

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/news/66359-lib-dems-in-property-crash-warning#ixzz25VTYNEq2

You should have started a new thread.

Interesting. Metro is for retards so this should stir them up.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
Guest TheBlueCat

The game only ends when the state runs out of cash.

Sad but true. The thing that really f*cks me off is the way the lefty idiots say that public debt was much higher in the 50s than it is now so there's no reason not to keep borrowing. Yes, but private debt was non-existent then and the entire rest of the world wasn't in f*cking recession! We're doomed, we really are.

HOLA446
Guest TheBlueCat

How many billions has the government just taken from taxpayers at gunpoint and spent in order for the disabled to feel better about themselves? Not enough, evidently. How more billions would you suggest then?

Well put! Can't say I rate Osborne - seems totally spineless to me - but I agree with that 100%.

HOLA447
HOLA448

Sad but true. The thing that really f*cks me off is the way the lefty idiots say that public debt was much higher in the 50s than it is now so there's no reason not to keep borrowing. Yes, but private debt was non-existent then and the entire rest of the world wasn't in f*cking recession! We're doomed, we really are.

Isn't George Osborne "taking advantage" of the current low interest rates to "invest"

HOLA449

The rest of the world had just come out of the biggest war in history and like the UK many countries were bankrupt. What they didn't do was go around in ever decreasing circles unlike UK economic policy since 1979 and the commencement of ;the market knows best' dogma which has syphoned off the worlds wealth into fewer and fewer hands whilst Thatchers babies cry 'more more more'.

HOLA4410
Guest TheBlueCat

The rest of the world had just come out of the biggest war in history and like the UK many countries were bankrupt. What they didn't do was go around in ever decreasing circles unlike UK economic policy since 1979 and the commencement of ;the market knows best' dogma which has syphoned off the worlds wealth into fewer and fewer hands whilst Thatchers babies cry 'more more more'.

The UK wasn't bankrupt - if it had been it would have defaulted, which it didn't. The market may not know best, but it certainly knows better than a bunch of statist politicians - left and right - whose only interest is in paying off their particular constituencies in the hope of re-election.

So, tell me, you think we should go out and try to borrow another trillion pounds or so for this government or the next to sp*nk up the wall on their favourite pressure groups do you?

HOLA4411
Guest TheBlueCat

Isn't George Osborne "taking advantage" of the current low interest rates to "invest"

Quite frankly, I don't know what he's doing. Public spending is going up and the deficit isn't falling to any meaningful extent. Seems to me he's either so hemmed in by coalition politics that he can't act or so frightened of doing something controversial that he won't act. Pointless really, probably best to call an election now and let Labour truly f*ck it up for a few years.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

If you actually look at what the tories have done, as opposed to the impression that they like to create, it's "business as usual" with nothing being done to tackle the structural deficit, nothing being done to address the endemic problems in the banking system, a continued policy of printing money to solve all financial problems and ministers apparently acting to feather their own future nests instead of serving the people who elected them.

You can expect exactly the same if Labour get back, probably garnished with even more unsustainable public spending to please their own constituency.

Yes, but that's not why they're being booed. If only the British public had that much insight into politics. They're being booed because they are the nasty men who took the sweeties away; evil top hatted moustache twiddling tories, laughing as they hurl the old and crippled into the snow...

HOLA4414
Guest TheBlueCat

Yes, but that's not why they're being booed. If only the British public had that much insight into politics. They're being booed because they are the nasty men who took the sweeties away; evil top hatted moustache twiddling tories, laughing as they hurl the old and crippled into the snow...

I know, it's remarkable isn't it? They're being booed for something they haven't even done! The stupidity of the general public and incompetence of the Tory party press office know no bounds.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Still lots of people getting sucked into the false left right paradigm in these threads.

Who did they boo? the puppet on the right that steals from us to give to the bankers, or the puppet on the left, that steals from us to give to the bankers?

Thatcher, Major, Blair, Cameron, Brown = all the same agenda. All the same paymasters.

Absolutely nailed it - ConDem(New?)Lab are a homogenous mass

Nothing in Britain will change until the mainstream corrupt parties that serve big business are gone.

HOLA4418

If they read some of you lot on here they may be justified in that

Edited by Rain'ard

HOLA4419

I think we're at a tipping point one way or the other, a bit like the mid 1970s - either people will decide that the Reagan/Thatcher consenus was right but we just didn't go far enough or we'll flip the other way - it could be really interesting if Mitt Romney becomes President to see what happens if he implements his tax cut/service slashing rhetoric (I don't know whether he's serious or not or whether it's just electioneering) - if he does follow through we'll see if he manages to increase prosperity whilst reducing debt (the fatal flaw to date is that public and private debt has always increased) - we'll have to be careful though when assessing the results as all the money and power is on the Thatcher/Reagan side and even if they're wrong they won't give up their money without a very dirty fight. (The other problem I have is that in order to witness this economic experiment would mean a lot of misery for a lot of the participants, such as women who have been raped not being able to get an abortion so I'm conflicted about wanting Romney to win)

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

I'm not quite sure what your post means - yes there are some hardline cutters on here, but nobody in the Coalition is going anywhere close to any kind of hardline cuts - they haven't even reduced the deficit let alone the debt!

they are complaining because they are getting poorer, the same reason people complained about Mc Jonahs premiership and the same reason theyll complain about whoever is next up, of course they havent reduced the debt or deficit because they were the ones who set it off on a moonshoot if you look at total debt, they were just retarded enough to think they could repeat the 80s and load debt up privately without understanding Mc Jonah had beat them to it by saturating it, still you have to give marks for persistence in still trying and expecting to do it despite seeing how its completely destroyed economic signals.

Id still put the same good money as in May 2010 that they will leave office with a bigger debt (naturally) and bigger deficit than they took office with

Edited by Tamara De Lempicka

HOLA4423

I'm not quite sure what your post means - yes there are some hardline cutters on here, but nobody in the Coalition is going anywhere close to any kind of hardline cuts - they haven't even reduced the deficit let alone the debt!

I meant the rhetoric more than the politics. If cuts is the the sole answer for reducing deficit then I must agree, not knowing much about economics. . A liberal perspective of interest rate rise, tax increase, and return to consensus politics may also be solution.

HOLA4424

I said that in part; my point is that people are booing a guy for supposedly imposing austerity on us all, ho ho ho. It's depressing how short term and indulgent the British are being; in fact, it's frightening.

Labour in next, then we can see how things go as the depression deepens. The Tories will get blamed for not borrowing enough!

Exactly. Just wait til the HPC really gets going (cue a load of posts saying how long have we said that etc) people will be booing their own family during Emmerdale, and eating their neighbours :lol: fun times ahead as economic reality returns.

HOLA4425