House Price Crash Forum

You All Missed The Boat

Saberu

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking recently maybe the reason there is so much anger on the forum is because some of you missed the boat and can't leverage up enough to get on the housing ladder. I just think BTL's are just smarter than the rest of us, we could learn a thing or two from them. They are savvy investors.

Leverage is great on the way up- not so good on the way down.

1345898752[/url]' post='909122440']

I have a feeling I'm one of the poorer members of this forum and even I'm sitting on 75% deposit for what I want to buy at today's prices so I get the feeling you are mistaken.

The anger is at the perpetuation, by government and BoE, of the malinvestment which is irrevocably damaging the economy having thought that the conservatives would have been somewhat more savvy than liebor.

+1 about everything you saidTroll or not a troll, it is his/her opinion and attitude that destroyed permanently the Ukplc.Did it ever dawn on you that all this idiotism about house prices should ever go up and that we should all feel rich as happy "owners" of shoeboxes actually diverts funds from the wider economy,education,health,pensions,...Hence the reason why we all ended up much poorer with the pound STILL much lower than 4 years ago and falling exports.Even if I owned outright 10 buildings on BTL, I would still have the above opinion and be a part of this forum.BTW, I do not even need the mortgage to buy decent second London properdee, whilst I bet that the starter of this thread has many decades to go paying debts.biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifGo on.Feel rich with like minded sheeple

I was thinking recently maybe the reason there is so much anger on the forum is because some of you missed the boat and can't leverage up enough to get on the housing ladder. I just think BTL's are just smarter than the rest of us, we could learn a thing or two from them. They are savvy investors.

I am surprised there is not much more anger, people have been waiting years for the crash. The HPC forum and crash prediction on the ITV local news back in August 2004. Kirstie Allsopp was right and the founders of HPC got it very wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-mM88Fk080

I am surprised there is not much more anger, people have been waiting years for the crash. The HPC forum and crash prediction on the ITV local news back in August 2004. Kirstie Allsopp was right and the founders of HPC got it very wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-mM88Fk080

Kirstie :lol:.

She was certainly wrong from my point of view. I sold my, mortgage free, house in 2005. The income from that money more than pays my rent and as a result I'm well over £100K in pocket. On top of that £100K, house prices have dropped 19% over the last five years, as recently reported by the BBC, and I expect them to fall a further 30% to 40% over the next few years.

Indeed! Having missed the BTL boat, we should all move to China and work illegally as an English teacher whilst becoming a dotcom millionaire on the side. Am I right?

you forgot about the dim 17 year old girlfriend that you train to be pretty at all times

Love you guys :D

Pretty much spot on except for my girlfriend is pretty smart, she's second position for exam results in her entire year and plans to attend the second best university in the country. She's decided to study Spanish because she did a lot of thinking and realised most Chinese people study English yet Spanish is the second biggest language and a lot of people use it so it's a more unique skill with less competition.

Forgetting the fact she's smart and already successful in her studies, how many girls do you know that have chosen their degree subject with the intent of getting something as useful as possible for the workplace? And she likes Spanish too, and has a lot of hobbies so partakes to things enthusiastically. I didn't give her any ideas of what to study or anything related to jobs/ gaining skills at all, she decided all that before she met me.

Oh and I'm not a millionaire yet, and I'm not working illegally as I have a work visa.. I was just a little creative on my CV. But it's all good, as long as the person is good at the job that's all that counts. And I could still afford to live here without the job if i wanted, just it's only 18 hours/ week for a much better salary than I can get in the UK for a full-time job.

Edited by Saberu

I have a feeling I'm one of the poorer members of this forum and even I'm sitting on 75% deposit for what I want to buy at today's prices so I get the feeling you are mistaken.

You are definitely of a lesser rank, please join the back of the class. We'll let you back into the conversation when all us 100% depositers/ BTL on the siders have finished our random ramblings.

Only 75%? Oh by dear god. I'm sure we can setup a 'get zebbedee to 100%' fund. One last thing, it's come to my attention that the 100% deposit requirement for becoming a HPC member was removed when you joined the forum. I'll have to make sure the mods re-activate that. God forbid if anyone without a deposit at all was to signup, think of the children!

well, if you didn't buy before 2000 then you have missed the boat which has turned into titanic now. Now is not the time to get on it, it will sink , all it needs is euro iceberg! BTL is not smarter, it's about being older, there was a brilliant programme on sky news that how baby boomers are selfish lot, who have screwed the next generation. It will all end in tears.Only time will tell how smart are BTL investors.

1345904476[/url]' post='909122509']

You are definitely of a lesser rank, please join the back of the class. We'll let you back into the conversation when all us 100% depositers/ BTL on the siders have finished our random ramblings.

Only 75%? Oh by dear god. I'm sure we can setup a 'get zebbedee to 100%' fund. One last thing, it's come to my attention that the 100% deposit requirement for becoming a HPC member was removed when you joined the forum. I'll have to make sure the mods re-activate that. God forbid if anyone without a deposit at all was to signup, think of the children!

I have been following this forum for a quite some time before joining.Zebbedee is very right about many people with strong financial means being on this forum.I noticed that in other topics.Anyhow, you missed the point yet again about this forum.Huge majority of threads are about frustration and anger where the UK and the world are going.There are financial, but also moral issues that are at stake.And that affects both you and your girlfriend and your kids if you have some.By using the prefix "We", surely you are impling that you are that rich?If you are,good for you.Regardless, if you feel that morally and financially the world is going down, you should feel the same like rest of us and also learn something from this forum.If none of the above applies to you, then why are you here on this forum?unsure.gif

One of the boats in a flotilla of greed that sank the economy.

Edited by nmarks

Kirstie :lol:.

She was certainly wrong from my point of view. I sold my, mortgage free, house in 2005. The income from that money more than pays my rent and as a result I'm well over £100K in pocket. On top of that £100K, house prices have dropped 19% over the last five years, as recently reported by the BBC, and I expect them to fall a further 30% to 40% over the next few years.

cheeznbreed just found this one that has sunk nearly 30% in two years:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-18873609.html

Oh and I'm not a millionaire yet, and I'm not working illegally as I have a work visa.. I was just a little creative on my CV.

IIRC, (i) you dropped out of university and don't have a degree (ii) you need a degree to get a work visa in China. So whilst you may have scammed the system successfully thus far, you are potentially vulnerable. Apologies if the above is incorrect.

Anyway best of luck to you and your high school honey!