House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
HappierDreams

Hpc On Itv

Apologies if this has already been posted - I couldn't find any references to it.

ITV news had a piece on the housing market today, based round the 66% rise in repos... whole thing was pretty bearish, they wheeled out Wrigglesworth and actually asked him some fairly searching questions.

They featured this site - they had a long, lingering shot of the 'you are here' graph, and lifted a quote from the forum (a poster called 'Tempest'). They also lifted a bearish quote from The Motley Fool website.

Not the sort of thing you see in the mass media everyday - presume someone on the ITV staff is a true HPC believer . Presumably they're a reader of/contributor to this forum, so if you're reading this, hello, and well done.

(I suppose this should go in the HPC in the media forum but thought it deserved a wider audience. Moderators: feel free to move it if you like)

Someone else mentioned this, is there a 'watch again' link anywhere? I couldn't find one.

Do you know what [Tempest] quotation they mentioned?

They featured this site - they had a long, lingering shot of the 'you are here' graph, and lifted a quote from the forum (a poster called 'Tempest').

I HAVE TO SEE THIS !!

Could it be this comment from the one they call 'Tempest'? If so, it'll do nicely...

A classic pinned thread indeed.

I see 30 somethings buying (or recently bought) property at 4 times joint incomes or 6/7 times single incomes and wonder what has happened. Not only are they deluding themselves over their future wage prospects (by their mid 30s most average people are near to towards their peak salary and have nowhere to go to to trade up if HPI doesn't help them (and it can't as you say) or they earn a great deal more) but they are taking out fresh 25 year mortgages (even of they are second time buyers and are 5-7 years into an existing 25 year mortgage). They will still be paying the mortgage off at 60!

The top of the ladder will suffer as the gap closes over time (ie as the scheme collapses under its own weight). Once (post the HPC) it become better known what people had taken on in terms of commitment/debt etc, the next lot will be reluctant to do so themselves (at least for a while) a la Japan.

Guest The_Oldie

Could it be this comment from the one they call 'Tempest'? If so, it'll do nicely...

No, this is the one they quoted (not a complete post, just the last paragraph).

The recent flurry of unemployment data over the last 6 months will not have fed into these figures yet by a long chalk - wait until that happens. I think we will see 100% increase in repo orders by next summer.

I have the Article from 08:37 this morning recorded on my Sky+.

A momentum of concerted effort to ruin Gordon's plans of an ascendancy, perhaps? :rolleyes:

I have the Article from 08:37 this morning recorded on my Sky+.

Excellent - do you have the know-how to make a video-clip and upload it to the Internet ?

If not, don't worry - I can offer to assist you as I have some experience in these things. :)

A momentum of concerted effort to ruin Gordon's plans of an ascendancy, perhaps? :rolleyes:

no need really!...he's done all the donkey work himself.

all you need is to get the media on side and they will do the rest....and I suspect they will when sh1t hits fan over iran and so on.

I believe in holy books,and the likes of the torah,nostradamus tell me that the crap we have endured over the last 20 odd years is for a purpose.

that purpose being,we have a big fisticuffs about to take place,and chavs have been engineered to be abusive and take no prisoners....they are cannon-fodder.

the chav blokes fight and the chav girls ******....makes it easier to replenish our numbers after the fight.

....as long as you don't have to go out and fight!!!!

....and then there's bird flu to wipe out the pensioners that the chavs would have paid a bit of NI towards keeping,but now don't so either oldies die or taxes rise.

Edited by oracle

Guest The_Oldie

Excellent - do you have the know-how to make a video-clip and upload it to the Internet ?

If not, don't worry - I can offer to assist you as I have some experience in these things. :)

I haven't got any means of connecting the Sky+ box to a PC but am open to any suggestions, although I'm a little worried about copyright.

I haven't got any means of connecting the Sky+ box to a PC but am open to any suggestions, although I'm a little worried about copyright.

Don't worry about the copyright thing, as long as you're not seen to make money off the clips or pass it off in some way then no-one really bats an eyelid.

Anyway I've sent you a PM with further details.

Guest The_Oldie

Don't worry about the copyright thing, as long as you're not seen to make money off the clips or pass it off in some way then no-one really bats an eyelid.

Anyway I've sent you a PM with further details.

PM received I have your address.

How could something as easy as copying it to VHS prove so difficult? :rolleyes:. Anyway, all done, it's now on VHS. A bit jittery, but viewable.

Will you or anyone else be home tomorrow? If so, I'll send it by CityLink.

PM received I have your address.

How could something as easy as copying it to VHS prove so difficult? :rolleyes: . Anyway, all done, it's now on VHS. A bit jittery, but viewable.

Will you or anyone else be home tomorrow? If so, I'll send it by CityLink.

Well done chaps, will be good to see that clip.

Glad to see I have my 15 mins of fame at last. Wait until I tell the wife I've been on Telly.

Not the deepest of my posts but it will do!

If anyone needs assistance with converting/digitising the VHS tape for uploading to HPC let me know - I have a friend who works in a post production studio on Soho who would do it for me in 20 mins.

I want to see this show!

Tempest

:)

Edited by Tempest

Wasn't that Shakerbaby? Did they really do it? :o

Oi! Enough of your slander. It was never proved and for a fact I know I am bushier than a wet bush in the tropics. :huh::huh::huh::blink:

Wheres my credit!

http://www.firsttimebuyerhelp.co.uk/upload...riglesworth.wmv

It was my OMFG Its Crashed, Its Crashed that was SHOWN!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

/me Laffs me c*ck off :)

It was a piss take!!! Look

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=18072

yeah - i clocked that! little did the tv ppl know that the thread was reduced to chat about buying compressors from argos :lol:

how'd ya feel about ure new found fame then??!!

anyone else think its dead weird seeing something so familiar on real tele???? :blink:

Edited by dunroamin