House Price Crash Forum
Webmaster

Next Hpc Pub Meet

The next official HPC pub meet will be held on Tuesday 22nd November from 5:30pm onwards in the function foom at The Hatchet pub in the city (London - next to Mansion House tube station).

Reply to this thread if you can make it so we can get an idea of numbers.

................................................................................................................................................................

Q. Why have we chosen to have this on a Tuesday?

A. Because the pubs are quiet and we can get a pint without having to queue for half an hour. Also, we can get a seat and can have a discussion without having to shout.

Q. Why is this in London?

A. Because the majority of the HPC team are based in London. If you live outside of London then why not arrange a regional meeting in your neck of the woods. Other members have done this in the past.

Q. Why are we having a pub meet at all?

A. Because the internet is an excellent medium, for bringing together online communities but it's also nice to give people the opportunity to talk face to face.

will be good to put a face to the names on the site.

sterling idea. Will people have name badges on and tulips in their breast pockets so those of us who don't know anyone will know who everyone is?

I`m gonna make the effort, may be difficult, in any case can I suggest the pub? [...] my brother in law runs it. My beer`s always free, can`t vouch for the rest of you ;) Lovely Russian barmaid by the name of Katrina too... :P

[Mod: name of pub removed to avoid confusion about the actual venue for this event]

Edited by Bubble Pricker

There is a good chance I may be able to make it.

Excellent. I'll get out my finest Cuban cigars, not the usual stuff that I smoke down the club.

Is there a free bar? Onto Spearmint Rhinos after?

I work in the City so I could pop along! Buy you a pint for putting together such a good site

....Fantastic idea!!!

Guest X-QUORK

My wife's due date is Nov 22nd so I think I'll take a raincheck. She doesn't normally begrudge me going out for a pint, but it might be pushing the envelope a little if I'm in some East End boozer when she goes into labour. :blink:

Hi,

Blimey! I am back in the UK for the next few months and I am in the city on said week! I would very much like to attend if things pan out, but please don't hold me to any of my more rantier threads.

Boomer

If Charlie's coming, I may have to come too

I hope so... between yourself, charlie and bubble pricker, the medium provided by the right honourable webmaster, plus a few other posters B), I've learnt a lot and would be good to put a few faces to the names.

The calandar link seems broken to me? :( What are the releases on or before the pub meet?