House Price Crash Forum

Moderators, Please Tell Me This Is Not True

Converted Lurker

HOLA441

Supposed PM received

"Property Guru this site is purely for those who believe in a house price crash, though the management except there is much evidence suggesting there will be no HPC, this forum is not the place to express the beliefs there will be no HPC as it upsets the members. Hence Property Guru due to your continued belief that there will be no HPC we have no choice to but to remove your posting rights. We hope you understand but it is unacceptable to say on www.housepricecrash.co.uk that there will be no HPC" The moderators.

Sorry guys, meant to add that if this is untrue it reveals why he/she is best left out of the debate. Not big, not clever just plain sad.

http://www.singingpig.co.uk/discussion/forum/?f=41&m=83888

[ Moderator: Please read Dr Bubb`s thread in the Off Topic Forum, and then read the whole of PG`s thread on SP ]

HOLA442
Supposed PM received

"Property Guru this site is purely for those who believe in a house price crash, though the management except there is much evidence suggesting there will be no HPC, this forum is not the place to express the beliefs there will be no HPC as it upsets the members. Hence Property Guru due to your continued belief that there will be no HPC we have no choice to but to remove your posting rights. We hope you understand but it is unacceptable to say on www.housepricecrash.co.uk that there will be no HPC" The moderators.

[ Moderator: Please read Dr Bubb`s thread in the Off Topic Forum, and then read the whole of PG`s thread on SP ]

If that were true why would TTRTR still be here!

I think PG lost his dummy!

HOLA443

Supposed PM received

Sorry guys, meant to add that if this is untrue it reveals why he/she is best left out of the debate. Not big, not clever just plain sad.

I read on another thread that its not true, was going to fight PG's corner until that. Very silly thing to do.

HOLA444
Guest The Dude

Who gives a fack about PG?......Did I learn anything new from the tosser?....(scratching my head...) er....Nope..Let the knob rot somewhere in hell....

HOLA445

As far as I am concerned, I want to read ALL posts.

If this forum is censored in my favour, I will leave now.

Any post which is untrue, biased or based on imaginary or exaggerated figures can easily be disproven.

It should be disproven in that way. I DO give a "FACK" what other people have to say. If I can disprove it I'm happy. If I can't, I will have to re-examine my own views. It is certainly NOT disproven by a personal attack on the poster, or even worse by the removal of his post.

I am shocked to discover that anyone's post is removed no matter what it says.

The exception to this of course a posts which just say:

"You are all a bunch of (deleted expletive) why don't you all (deleted expletive) and die"

Perhaps there should be an area where banned posts are displayed. As the house prices drop, I'm sure the number of offensive posts to this forum will increase. This, for me, would be a great indication of how stressed out the poor new home owner is.

You know what the next accusations will be? That this site is ACTUALLY RESPONSIBLE for the crash. I can't wait for Gordon Brown's successor to blame the recession on a website!!! You can be sure Gordon will be sitting (not so) pretty in No.10 saying "Well, when I left everything was fine". Oh, and Tony? He'll be sitting pretty on a beach watching Labour lose an election saying "Gordon - what have you done? Everything was alright when I left"

HOLA446
Guest Charlie The Tramp

So I take it you would take personal responsibilty of litigation against the website for libelous statements or breaches of copyright.

The site owner makes the rules and since the date of inception of HPC in October 2003 this forum has worked very well with few complaints.

Please read the Forum Rules.

HOLA447
HOLA448
Guest The Dude

If I could ban posters who never teach me anything on HPC, you would be on my list, Dude.

At least PG made me laugh.

Likewise.....all you are illustrating is that you have a very strange and warped sense of humour.....

HOLA449

Likewise.....all you are illustrating is that you have a very strange and warped sense of humour.....

I think you are the warped (and bitter) one here Dude. See your quote below.

Nope..Let the knob rot somewhere in hell....

I don't think I've ever seen you post anything useful Dude. Just lots of bitter two liners.

HOLA4410
Guest The_Oldie

I found this definition of a troll on AOL……..

An Internet "troll" is a person who delights in sowing discord on the Internet. He (and it is usually he) tries to start arguments and upset people.

Trolls see Internet communications services as convenient venues for their bizarre game. For some reason, they don't "get" that they are hurting real people. To them, other Internet users are not quite human but are a kind of digital abstraction. As a result, they feel no sorrow whatsoever for the pain they inflict. Indeed, the greater the suffering they cause, the greater their 'achievement' (as they see it). At the moment, the relative anonymity of the net allows trolls to flourish.

Trolls are utterly impervious to criticism (constructive or otherwise). You cannot negotiate with them; you cannot cause them to feel shame or compassion; you cannot reason with them. They cannot be made to feel remorse. For some reason, trolls do not feel they are bound by the rules of courtesy or social responsibility.

Perhaps this sounds inconceivable. You may think, "Surely there is something I can write that will change them." But a true troll can not be changed by mere words.

The above description fits Property Guru perfectly. Everything he posts is designed to wind people up. The last straw was the false PM, copied in the first post of this thread, which was posted by PG on the Singing Pig Forum. This PM was made up by PG in an attempt to discredit this forum and is completely untrue. PG was given every opportunity to retract his lies but chose, like a true troll, to continue to argue. As a result, PG has been banned from this forum.

Please guys, don’t let this troll continue to cause disharmony between members of this forum.

HOLA4411
Guest The Dude

I think you are the warped (and bitter) one here Dude. See your quote below.

I don't think I've ever seen you post anything useful Dude. Just lots of bitter two liners.

Wap....You are quite correct: I AM NOT BITTER - a little TWISTED yeah!! Actually, I'd get more worried if you were actually complimenting me - I would know then that I must be doing something wrong. Also, I also write complete TOSH, it's true! I admit it. The one thing which I have going in my favour is that I don't profess to knowing ALL the answers, like your good self.

HOLA4412

Wap....You are quite correct: I AM NOT BITTER - a little TWISTED yeah!! Actually, I'd get more worried if you were actually complimenting me - I would know then that I must be doing something wrong. Also, I also write complete TOSH, it's true! I admit it. The one thing which I have going in my favour is that I don't profess to knowing ALL the answers, like your good self.

A lot of the time I DON'T post because I don't have an answer Dude.

Getting back to PG, I still don't see why he got banned.

I thought he was funny and did little harm.

If he started flooding the site with threads my views would change.

HOLA4413

Whether people are banned or not is entirely as the discretion of the moderators and is not up for discussion. The moderators on this site do an excellent job and if certain posters are constantly posting items which are reported by other members then after going through the warn process the next step is a ban and that's that.

HOLA4414

This is a good site. The mods do a good job of keeping the boards on topic. The off-topic thread is really good, and allows for as broad a range of discussion as possible. The only limits are the obvious ones, statements of real hate.

Ive seen some really fair discussion of tough issues like immigration, and a pretty good range of opinion. I've not seen such good discussions elsewhere. I really don't think the mods would boot someone unless they absolutely had to.

HOLA4415

where are the arguments for there not being a house price crash ?

A guy at work who's friends are now investing in Hartlepool ? is having to sell his property in Stratford ? becuase he needs some cash ? this is the sort of twit that bulls are, greedy idiots that just don't know when to stop.

HOLA4416
Guest Bart of Darkness

I am shocked to discover that anyone's post is removed no matter what it says.

You don't use internet forums very often do you Adam?

Any forum that isn't moderated usually descends into an anarchic mess, unhindered trolls posting all sorts of garbage.

I don't always agree with the way certain forums are moderated (Expat, C4) but it is their forum, so ultimately they have the last word.

They are, after all, paying for the hosting and other running costs of what is, remember, a private venture.

Archived