House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Killer Bunny

Bskyb With Eamonn On Monday At 6.30am

talking about the pensions crisis - there'll be some other non (but really) govt bloke saying there isn't one.

There is and it'll be as big as the Housing Snake.

I would like your good Karma please

I'm a TV virgin...

If anyone says I look like an ugly Krusty Allcrap, I'll... well you better not. So there!

Wish me luck. I gather he's a rottweiller at 6 am. ;)

Edited by Financial Planner

6am!? You're bound to look shite! :lol:

Only kidding, best of luck btw... :)

I look shite all the time

thanks

As Cindy would say in MartinLukes@abglobal.com (FT every Thursday) 'I'm smiling at you'

As a country, we can either have a pensions crisis OR sustained high house prices into the next decades, but NOT BOTH.

I've been thinking about this.

Dangerous, I know. :P

Clue: Demographics.

Guest consa

You could always slip in pensions/sipps and how they are using them in an attempt to prop up the falling housing market. :)

Good luck!!

Edited by consa

talking about the pensions crisis - there'll be some other non (but really) govt bloke saying there isn't one.

I'm a TV virgin...

If anyone says I look like an ugly Krusty Allcrap, I'll... well you better not. So there!

The very best of luck to you, FP.

Remember to slip in a few choice comments on the HPC, won't you...

I'm a TV virgin...

Good luck

Be careful though you don't want people getting the idea that financial advisers know what they are talking about.

Well done FP....here is a little request though ! If you can when you're being interviewd, try and find some way to get in those three lovely little words "house price crash".... if you can.

That would be really cool.... :D

Guest muttley

Good luck FP!

Don't forget to mention that too many people are relying on downsizing to pay for their retirement,and how disappointed they may find themselves if everyone else is trying to do the same.(Yes,that's us,baby-boomers :blink:)

Edited by muttley

I'll be watching! Best of luck.

Loadsa "karma" from all of us....

But please remember to throw in the 3 magic words and have a prepared, concise rebuttal when the other guest laughs at the mention that house prices could ever go down....

I'm a TV virgin...

Move your face and hands when speaking. Also modulate (change up and down) your voice.

That is - use movements to animate your points - dont gurn or wave your arms about - just dont sit still.

If you sit too still you will come across as boring. Remember, people will be seeing your face greatly enlarged (the size of a TV screen) and will look for cues there.

Watch the news readers, how they move their heads slightly to catch attention and add emphasis. OPbviously if you move too much you'll be out of shot so....just practice.

And good luck!

I'm a TV virgin...

I'll set me video timer.

Best of luck!

Are you gonna mention this website? What angle are you coming from (e.g. are you a rep of HPC, a member of the public, expert)?

Just to confirm, this will be on Sky News (sky channel 501 I think)?

Good luck and I salute you Mr PLANNER sir!!

....WHICH ONE ARE YOU ON....SKY NEWS??

I'm usually up at 5.30 so let me know and I will tune in.Do give the government bloke what for about the "buy-to-let is my pension " lot.....if he's so serious about pensions he should be PROMOTING a vehicle for ALL pension schemes(namely the stock market!),not just property...which is still a minority interest.

FP, a starter for 10.......

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/retirement/ar..._page_id=6&ct=5

Half of workers have no pension

Becky Barrow, Daily Mail

28 October 2005

RETIREMENT savings have collapsed under Labour, it was revealed yesterday. Shocking official figures showed that fewer than half of Britain's 37m adults are putting money into a personal or company pension.

NO PENSION: Half of British workers are not contributing to a pension, meaning their retirement could be financially difficult

It means the majority of workingage people are facing an impoverished old age. It is the worst situation since the Office for National Statistics began keeping records in 1996. Even people who are saving are not saving enough, in many cases.

Experts blamed the Government for destroying incentives to save and failing to stop a series of scandals which hit people's confidence.

They said the rot set in with Gordon Brown's £5bn-a-year tax raid on pension schemes in 1997 - a devastating blow for many company schemes.

FP, a starter for 10.......

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/retirement/ar..._page_id=6&ct=5

Half of workers have no pension

Becky Barrow, Daily Mail

28 October 2005

RETIREMENT savings have collapsed under Labour, it was revealed yesterday. Shocking official figures showed that fewer than half of Britain's 37m adults are putting money into a personal or company pension.

NO PENSION: Half of British workers are not contributing to a pension, meaning their retirement could be financially difficult

It means the majority of workingage people are facing an impoverished old age. It is the worst situation since the Office for National Statistics began keeping records in 1996. Even people who are saving are not saving enough, in many cases.

Experts blamed the Government for destroying incentives to save and failing to stop a series of scandals which hit people's confidence.

They said the rot set in with Gordon Brown's £5bn-a-year tax raid on pension schemes in 1997 - a devastating blow for many company schemes.

THE ROT CERTAINLY SET IN THEN,but the extras that gordon threw on...like excessive EU regulation and raising the minimum wage/expanding public sector disproportionately,have all fxxxed up the UK.

I'm a TV virgin...

Good luck. You've always come across as having a solid understanding so I reckon you'll do fine.

I agree with the above mentioned scenario of people rushing to withdraw pensions via downsizing, and from houses that are no longer rising in value. Indeed, house price inflation rates point to the situation getting worse.

This generation may have payed off their mortgages, but there will be a rush to sell in a falling market. The retirement dream needs the comfort of realised wealth. There are a lot of people who will feel forced to sell quickly, and this panic will draw down prices.

(ps Ignore this opinion if HPI yoy miraculously stays above zero)

THE ROT CERTAINLY SET IN THEN,but the extras that gordon threw on...like excessive EU regulation and raising the minimum wage/expanding public sector disproportionately,have all fxxxed up the UK.

Money Week have a dig at minimum wage this week.

They point out that min wage of £5.50 in London is not a lot :) but could be financially straining for a business in Wales or Scotland, where the living costs are lower anyway. They go on to accuse New Labour of a one-size-fits-all policy that just isn't right for all areas of the country.

Edited by megaflop

Money Week have a dig at minimum wage this week.

They point out that min wage of £5.50 in London is not a lot :) but could be financially straining for a business in Wales or Scotland, where the living costs are lower anyway. They go on to accuse New Labour of a one-size-fits-all policy that just isn't right for all areas of the country.

...I would suspect it's pretty straining for all areas of the country.If the sandwich factory your lunch comes from has its overheads inreased by a third then YOU will feel the pain when you buy lunch.

...or you will go elsewhere for cheaper grub.....but where does that leave the sandwich factory if lots of people like you do the same?????

UP SH1T CREEK I'D SAY!

FP, a cliche I know but luck is for wimps, if you've done your prep you will really enjoy it, the time will go like a rocket, I have done it, it is not as scary as you think. Can you mention about the government giving in to the civil service and retiring at 65!! This is a massive scandal, the cost is frightening. I believe also MP's have also given themselves some pretty tasty pension benefits. Will be watching on Monday - have fun.