House Price Crash Forum
gruffydd

Where To Find French / Czech / German / Polish / Bulgarian Property

Hello All!

Has anyone got advice on how to seek sensibly valued property in (1) France and (2) The Czech Republic (3) Germany, (4) S Poland or (5) Bulgaria. Latitudes seem like a good UK based French EA, but I am suspicious (perhaps wrongly) that their prices may be a touch too high, though they definitely know a thing or two about good customer service. I'm planning a relocation within the next few years, so am starting to do a little homework!

Gruff

Edited by gruffydd

Hello All!

Has anyone got advice on how to seek sensibly valued property in (1) France and (2) The Czech Republic (3) Germany, (4) S Poland or (5) Bulgaria. Latitudes seem like a good UK based French EA, but I am suspicious (perhaps wrongly) that their prices may be a touch too high, though they definitely know a thing or two about good customer service. I'm planning a relocation within the next few years, so am starting to do a little homework!

Gruff

You might find the other forum http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...hp?showforum=31 helpful 'Overseas property forum' . Im the worst one for not being on topic so im not saying that link for that reason , i think you will get a better response there perhaps.

Sorry for being a bit off-topic. Thanks The Chuz. Dom, I'm under the impression that Spanish property is extremely over-inflated at the moment, so haven't even bothered investigating there yet. I have contemplated N Portugal though! Any tips would be welcome.

Edited by gruffydd

Sorry for being a bit off-topic. Thanks The Chuz. Dom, I'm under the impression that Spanish property is extremely over-inflated at the moment, so haven't even bothered investigating there yet. I have contemplated N Portugal though! Any tips would be welcome.

I know a couple of rural places at sensible prices, private sale (family). Not part of any english BS property ramping. Nice area, one is ready to move into. Solar system included.

steer clear of any area that's an ''in'' place to buy eg Bulgaria...and go for somewhere that's neither ''in'' nor recently experienced a boom (eg Spain)!....Dogbox's Berlin springs immediately to mind!....or maybe elsewhere in Germany......

Edited by Michael

Rightmove has an overseas property section, although it's aimed at the holiday home market.

I've heard there are some real bargans in what used to be called east Germany. Houses for $25K USD.

Yes, there might be bargains. However, I think you have to look very closely where you buy. The Eastern part of Germany is suffering from lagging behind the West. As the growth in GDP has been smaller in the East compared to the West (I believe) every year since the mid-90s, the gap in terms of wealth between the two parts of Germany is increasing still. Consequently, large parts of the East keep losing their young and talented people to the West. This is a trend none of the governments in the last ten years has managed to stop!

I inherited a small piece of land where my grandparents' house used to be before the war (I am German, btw). It's in a rather unfavourable region, and I think it's almost worth nothing.

Guest The Dude

As a skint ftb here in the UK, I'm keeping my eye on a property in the village of Smauto, North East of an African tribal village called Equando high up in the mountains of Anglesey. . Don't know the lingo but I'm hoping to start a Brit colony over there....are there any magazines out there regarding Smauto??

I'm visiting Mam Cymru in a couple of weeks - will ask around!

Buying a first home - second homes not allowed!

When I turn up, local house prices will probably deflate - I'll be doing the local FTBs a favour!