Sign in to follow this  
dog

Tax Abuser Of The Week

Tax abuser of the week

Chief Executive

Fife Council

East Scotland

£135,847 plus benefits

We are looking for a leader with a proven record as a strategic thinker and change manager, who will ensure continued year-on-year improvement in the performance of the Council.

Funniest and most pointless job of the week

Excellence Cluster Co-ordinator

Cornwall County Council

Cornwall

£60,009 - £67,827 p.a

The new co-ordinator will have the vision and drive to work, not only in the Camborne, Pool and Redruth area, but also with a partnership of schools in the South Kerrier area Helston and Mullion.

Charity abuser of the weekChief Executive

Cancer Research UK

£140,000

Other tax abusers

Corporate Director of Adult and Community Services

Leicester City Council

Leicestershire

£117k pa plus benefits

Your role will be to articulate a clear vision and to lead, develop and deliver high quality, joined up services supporting cultural and organisational change.

Chief Executive

Camden and Islington Mental Health and Social Care Trust

North London

Circa £110,000 p.a.

You will lead the organisation and help it overcome the challenges it, along with all similar organisations, is facing. A robust understanding of mental health is required, together with insight into broader health and social care issues.

Head of Race and Diversity

Home Office

£54,788 - £76,156 plus benefits

You will head a small team ensuring that there is an integrated and systematic approach to race equality and diversity in leadership, staff management and business delivery across the Home Office group.

Executive Director of Children's Services

Oldham Metropolitan Borough Council

Greater Manchester

c. £100,000

You will join a corporate management team that is proud to be part of the transformation of Oldham and you will help challenge some of the perceptions of Oldham.

Head of Education

Fife Council

East Scotland

£97K

You will be a senior manager whose career and track record demonstrates a proven ability to operate as the Head of Education managing a budget of £236m and over 6,500 employees in Scotland's third largest Council.

Corporate Director/Director of Adult Social Care

Bournemouth Borough Council

Dorset

£96,000 plus benefits

You may think that Bournemouth is a place where life is slower and more sedate, but the reality is a lot different. Bournemouth is a vibrant and ambitious town with a rich and diverse community, and through economic and cultural renewal.

Assistant Director - Access and Inclusion

Camden Council

North London

£95,000

Working closely with our partners you will be in a key role managing multi-disciplinary and multi-agency working. In addition you will manage elements of Camden's universal education provision.

Dormouse Conservation Officer

Organisation: Bath & North East Somerset Council

Salary: £19,656 to £21,654 pro rata

Position Type: Paid/Fixed Term Contract

Part/Full Time: Part Time

We need an enthusiastic and committed individual to lead a partnership project, funded by HLF and Aggregates Levy Sustainability Fund, focusing on the endangered dormouse. The project will enable local people to identify, look after and celebrate local heritage and biodiversity using the dormouse as a focal species.

Presumably it's part-time because you get to sleep through the winter?

Guest Bart of Darkness

I think they need to employ a Campaign for Plain English co-ordinator.

At about £135k per annum naturally.

Guest Bart of Darkness

I think they need to employ a Campaign for Plain English co-ordinator.

At about £135k per annum naturally.

Surely you mean at £135,000 a year?

:lol:

Cornwall County Council

Cornwall

£60,009 - £67,827 p.a

The new co-ordinator will have the vision and drive to work...

... is that a unique and rare ability in the noble field of public service?

You couldn't make this stuff up. They must get it off a website like fairytale-language.com Seriously someone in a productive industry is expected to support this lot, its disgusting.

Edited by Lurker at the pleasuredome

You couldn't make this stuff up. They must get it of a website like fairytale-language.com Seriously someone in a productive industry is expected to support this lot, its disgusting.

They do have tools to help them out, try bull$hit generator in Google. There is also a tool to help you get the language just right for your resume.

See The new Two Nations of Britain for a take on this.

(btw, who is in your avatar?)

Edited by BuyingBear

Tax abuser of the week

Cornwall County Council

Cornwall

£60,009 - £67,827 p.a

The new co-ordinator will have the vision and drive to work, not only in the Camborne, Pool and Redruth area, but also with a partnership of schools in the South Kerrier area Helston and Mullion.

You all know my views on this matter, but that is taking the p1ss. Can you say where you got this from, I want to find out what exactly this post involves. £60k in Cornwall, still probably couldnt get a mortgage for a house.

:D

Edited by murpaul

(btw, who is in your avatar?)

http://www.stressfreetrading.com/jesselivermore.htm

http://www.zealllc.com/2003/jesse01.htm

I spent more than a few years trying to figure out exactly why his methods stopped working and translating them to modern times.

You all know my views on this matter, but that is taking the p1ss. Can you say where you got this from, I want to find out what exactly this post involves. £60k in Cornwall, still probably couldnt get a mortgage for a house.

:D

The Society Section of the Guardian of course, it's now the establishment paper in place of the times. Other sites list a panoply of wonderful new jobs that didn't exist last week that we didn't know we needed because we don't know what we're not missing <_<

I spent more than a few years trying to figure out exactly why his methods stopped working and translating them to modern times.

Wonderful, thanks for that :)

The Society Section of the Guardian of course, it's now the establishment paper in place of the times. Other sites list a panoply of wonderful new jobs that didn't exist last week that we didn't know we needed because we don't know what we're not missing <_<

Wonderful, thanks for that :)

Thanks for that. I had a read of the advert. It tasks the role as delivering better pupil outcomes. Stop me if I'm wrong, but wouldnt more teachers be a better way of delivering that? I'm puzzled. :blink:

Thanks for that. I had a read of the advert. It tasks the role as delivering better pupil outcomes. Stop me if I'm wrong, but wouldnt more teachers be a better way of delivering that? I'm puzzled. :blink:

Now you're just being picky, this is the education system, where did teachers and pupils come into it? Next you'll be saying that the NHS is all about the patients and it's only doctors and nurses that matter! A post like this shows central government that the council are doing something, it may not be anything meaningful or relevant but it is something.

I've just found that my local council is looking for a director of a new strategic partnership, £80k + benefits, car, pension, one of your first tasks will be to develop a 'structure wheel' :lol:

When I first saw yes minister & yes prime minister I thought it was a comedy, I now know that it was a documentary!

Indeed, and they had a number of insider sources, the writers used to take senior civil servants out for lunch every now and then and they received some wonderful insights, they also dropped in on the old boy clubs and spoken to the Rowley Birkin's of this world, most of them were 'very, very drunk' I'm afraid.

Guest Bart of Darkness
When I first saw yes minister & yes prime minister I thought it was a comedy, I now know that it was a documentary!

Been listening to the Benn Tapes on BBC7. When covering his dealings with Permanent Secretaries it sounded like an unused Yes Minister script.

Been listening to the Benn Tapes on BBC7. When covering his dealings with Permanent Secretaries it sounded like an unused Yes Minister script.

Look at the way nuclear material from British civil reactors was went over to the USA for over a decade and the Minister in charge of it all was none the wiser, makes you appreciate that they truly are just visitors that rubberstamp (some) things, they come and go and don't actually run anything.

"We're putting your tax up to pay for services". ****** they are, most of it is going on admin and management.

http://news.independent.co.uk/business/new...ticle323171.ece

Management growth in public sector outstrips frontline jobs

While teacher numbers went up 1 per cent over the year to June, there was an 8.2 per cent rise in education administrative staff and a 10.6 jump in "other support staff". In the NHS, clinical staff numbers rose 4.2 per cent while numbers of support staff rose 5.9 per cent. Police numbers showed a 1.4 per cent rise in officers but a 4.7 per cent jump in civilian staff.