House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
FrozenOut

Dreams

Rice Homes

There is only 5 houses in this road, all big buggers too!

I wonder what the rate of "Flexibility" is :D

Seriously, I'm watching these like a hawk, they've been finished for sometime now (May I think) and only one of them has sold by the looks of things.

2 Mins from a lovely park, and 10 mins from town.

Lovely.

I await the spikey haired poster to tell me what a shabby dump Watford is.

Rice Homes

There is only 5 houses in this road, all big buggers too!

I wonder what the rate of "Flexibility" is :D

Seriously, I'm watching these like a hawk, they've been finished for sometime now (May I think) and only one of them has sold by the looks of things.

2 Mins from a lovely park, and 10 mins from town.

Lovely.

I await the spikey haired poster to tell me what a shabby dump Watford is.

OK: Nethouseprices says that only 1 has sold for £650,000 in June this year presumably list price. With a bit of digging you will see (have seen?) that it is listed there as "Plot 4". http://www.nethouseprices.com/index.php?op...rch_id=22116003

Look at the Ricehomes website and you will see that Plot 4 is one of the "Langley" models as opposed to the smaller "Oakleigh" models. http://www.oak-view.co.uk/oakview.html

The house you posted is one of the smaller models, hence I presume the £550,000 price.

Still overpriced for a glorifed Barratt home.

Start off by offering 1/2 the asking price, (or whatever you believe to be fair) then make an offer every month for 5% less than the last offer.

The worst that will happen is they say no. And who knows, maybe they will say yes, or in 6 months make you an offer for 1/2 of the asking price.

Plot 3 looks good, even the smallest bedrooms look above cat-swinging size... might go and check it out at the weekend!

I took a look at the penthouses at 'cassio mansions/metro' last weekend (just around the corner), looks like its Oak View's sales peoples time I'm going to waste this weekend! :)

...and Henrik yes some parts of Watford are the daddy :P

Well for me, it's the Cassiobury Estate (Where these houses are) A really really nice place to live and not a gypo insight - anywhere.

Basically you have Cassiobury park in the centre of the proceedings with the Cassiobury estate effectively built around the park.

The grand union canal runs through the park and it has family attractions like paddling area's and huge wide open green space.

At a guess I would say 3/4 of the houses are detached. Average price in the late 90's was around £240,000 to £300,000 - Now the lowest quality property on the estate is up for £375k, and trust me I went to see it back in May - it was up for £385,000 and the whole place needed gutting inside (electrics, heating, ceiling)

I put in an offer for £325,000 and it was rejected, despite me sending in my surveyor friends to assess the place and the findings throwing up at least £50k worth of work needing.

My offer was dismissed, and it's still sat on the market today at £375,000

Edited by FrozenOut