House Price Crash Forum

Bought My Mum Some Flowers

HOLA441

My Mum is 79 tomorrow so I bought her some roses today in a well known seller of prawn sandwhiches. I was having them made up into a bouquet and got talking to the lady doing it. I asked her how things were and she commented that things were quiet but then, totally unprompted by me, she started on about house prices.

She said she knew of numerous friends and colleagues who have MEWed to buy cars or holidays and who were now having serious worries about the additional debt they had taken out. She felt that HPs were going to fall dramatically "like the last time" and that an awful lot of people are going to lose their homes. She told me that last year they had trouble stopping her son from buying a house in Swansea but that recently he had told her how glad he was that he had not bought and had decided to rent instead.

A lovely lady - very interesting to chat with and she made a lovely bouquet up for my Mum. Interesting to get the view of 'someone in the street' and not a poster on here.

HOLA442

My Mum is 79 tomorrow so I bought her some roses today in a well known seller of prawn sandwhiches. I was having them made up into a bouquet and got talking to the lady doing it. I asked her how things were and she commented that things were quiet but then, totally unprompted by me, she started on about house prices.

She said she knew of numerous friends and colleagues who have MEWed to buy cars or holidays and who were now having serious worries about the additional debt they had taken out. She felt that HPs were going to fall dramatically "like the last time" and that an awful lot of people are going to lose their homes. She told me that last year they had trouble stopping her son from buying a house in Swansea but that recently he had told her how glad he was that he had not bought and had decided to rent instead.

A lovely lady - very interesting to chat with and she made a lovely bouquet up for my Mum. Interesting to get the view of 'someone in the street' and not a poster on here.

She could be a stealth poster! :) Out of interest how old was this woman?

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

"I bought her some roses today in a well known seller of prawn sandwhiches."

Only in Swansea - huh! :blink::):):lol:

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Recently, all my friends and family have suddenly become experts on 'falling house prices'.

Well, yes I KNOW !!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Still ,must be a good sign :P

Basic semis near me all down by about 10K, next spring more property and lower prices.

Detached at the back of me asked £265K spring this year, nethouseprices quote £250 sold.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
Bit unimaginative a bunch of flowers isnt it . I'm sure sh'ed have prefered a play station 2

Two dozen roses, some champagne, some Beligium chocolates, some more chocolates, a birthday cake and some posh grub... Oh, and some girlie smelly stuff for the bath... She likes Stargate but has gone off it since Jack 0'Neil left! :unsure:

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Does she ever wonder why you ask to keep the stems for yourself?

I had to think about that one for a minute.

I assume you are referring to that BDSM book for women who wish to submit sexually - 'Screw The Roses, Send Me The Thorns Instead' isn't it called?

:unsure:

Ah, here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/096459600...283155&v=glance

Now, why on earth do I know about that!? :rolleyes:

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

My Mum is 79 tomorrow so I bought her some roses today in a well known seller of prawn sandwhiches. I was having them made up into a bouquet and got talking to the lady doing it.

Is this a fact MT? A sandwich parlour-cum-florist shop?

Couldn't give more info could you, as I have an interest

in developments around the flower industry.

Ta very much

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Yes, in fact the shop is quite revolutionary in what it sells. Let me see, they sell flowers, prawn sandwhiches and I believe they used to be well known for their knickers. I always buy my socks there. I think two Jewish brothers started it up on a market stall.

:rolleyes:

Aah, so we ain't talking classy lifestyle

concept store then...

Hmmm, shame :)

HOLA4418

Aah, so we ain't talking classy lifestyle

concept store then...

Hmmm, shame :)

I was amused @ the thought of 'fishy' roses or 'prawn and petals'

. . . . maybe it was the knickers :unsure: