House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Big_Head

Bbc Comments

My browser homepage is BBC news, I enjoy current affairs (albeit in this case with BBC angle)

I have often sent comments to articles or general messages to BBC asking why can't they allow comments on all/more articles.

I admit I am a little bearish and only send in comments to finance/housing items which I have a strong opinion on - which I think is the point isn't it?

But.... I have never received a reply or seen my comments published. Is this usual? anyone else with the same experience?

:lol:

Personally i think the BBC are one of the worst journolistic bodies around, they seem completly unable to report anything worthwhile, they are always behind with thier journolism, they are just plain cr*p.

Do they have journalists then? I thought they just cut & paste other peples stories.

This is why I think they should allow comments under each story from the readers & licence payers - that is where the meat is and you can get some good snapshots/anecdotes!

Guest Guy_Montag

My browser homepage is BBC news, I enjoy current affairs (albeit in this case with BBC angle)

I have often sent comments to articles or general messages to BBC asking why can't they allow comments on all/more articles.

I admit I am a little bearish and only send in comments to finance/housing items which I have a strong opinion on - which I think is the point isn't it?

But.... I have never received a reply or seen my comments published. Is this usual? anyone else with the same experience?

I've never had a comment published on any topic.

Do they have journalists then? I thought they just cut & paste other peples stories.

This is why I think they should allow comments under each story from the readers & licence payers - that is where the meat is and you can get some good snapshots/anecdotes!

Well actually that would probably explain why they are always late and irrelevant when its broadcast.

Just now on BBC news they spent 5 minutes telling me that you might reduce your risk of oesteoporosis (cant be botherd to look up how to spell that) by being a gymnast when your a child. Aparently excercise strenthens bones.. based on a survey from 86 children.

Fit and healthy children who excercise dont need calcium suppliments because it would make no difference.

bah i hate them with a passion

Personally i think the BBC are one of the worst journolistic bodies around, they seem completly unable to report anything worthwhile, they are always behind with thier journolism, they are just plain cr*p.

I agree and the sooner the TV license is scrapped the better.

I got one of those snotty demands with menaces from the the hitler youth brigade of the BBC recently, aka TV Licensing.

It is a case of guilty until proven innocent in their eyes, apparently I have been caught purchasing a piece of television reception equipment and they wanted me to write to them. I called instead - (yes one of those shitty premium lines - money grabbing bastards) to inform them that there was already a TV license holder at this address (my wife) and had no intention of writing to them and to stop bugging me only to be told "it doesn't work that way".

Obviously I now have a rather different consideration of this public service broadcasting company. I now think that the BBC and their modus operandi and their comtempt for the people who pay their wages are a disgusting, expensive, nasty snooping outfit which should be disbanded forthwith.

Sorry if I come over a little annoyed.

Edited by OnlyMe

like when I do not want a newspaper anymore I just cancel it don't I?

And still be charged for the pleasure of owning a letterbox no doubt. :angry:

I got one of those snotty demands with menaces from the the hitler youth brigade of the BBC recently, aka TV Licensing.

Same here. They are very unpleasant letters and give the BBC a very unfavourable image.

Guest Guy_Montag

Same here. They are very unpleasant letters and give the BBC a very unfavourable image.

That's 'cause the money is not collected by the BBC anymore, it is collected by Crapita. I heard an interview with them recently, they were happy to say how much more they collected these days, but didn't say how much more the BBC received compared to when it was done by whoever used to do it. I suspect little or none.

Ianbe,

Reminded me of the other bit of my story, TV licensing didn't even bother sending out a new licence on last renewal, we had to check the bank records for the outgoing DD.

Didn't realise Crapita were in control, says it all.

I had a comment published once. Whether or not it was anything to do with persistent emails asking them why I never had anything published, I don't know. It even appeared on the front page. Spat my tea out & fell off my chair I did!

They must get a vast amount of comments though, so it's highly unlikely you'll get posted.

It is a case of guilty until proven innocent in their eyes, apparently I have been caught purchasing a piece of television reception equipment and they wanted me to write to them. I called instead - (yes one of those shitty premium lines - money grabbing bastards) to inform them that there was already a TV license holder at this address (my wife) and had no intention of writing to them and to stop bugging me only to be told "it doesn't work that way".

Obviously I now have a rather different consideration of this public service broadcasting company. I now think that the BBC and their modus operandi and their comtempt for the people who pay their wages are a disgusting, expensive, nasty snooping outfit which should be disbanded forthwith.

Sorry if I come over a little annoyed.

I had the same with a new TV. I was lodging at the time. They turned up at the door demanding to see my licence or else type of thing. I told them it wasn't my house and the landlord had a valid licence (true), and what were they going to do about it, and why didn't they check their database before interrupting my dinner? They went away dissapointed, and slightly sheepish I like to think.