House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rebel

Pay Rises

So that 3.9% will be swallowed up with...

English council taxes rose by a record 12.9% on average last year and councils had warned the same could happen again.
Tv licenses to rise each year from April 2007 at a rate 2.3 percent above inflation
Under the latest Ofwat review, which is the fourth price review since privatisation, water rates will rise by an average 18%. The new pricing levels will be gradually phased in until 2009
Millions of UK gas customers will have to adjust their budget, to account for gas bills rising far above the rate of inflation.
In the 12 months prior to March 2004, electricity prices have risen by 25% and are expected to rise a further 30% in the next twelve months; then further rise beyond this period.

Still affordable?

Average pay rises have edged up to their highest in more than four years.

No affordability issues!

Pay awards rise to four-year high - IRS

Dahhhhhh.

This means that Mervyn will be even more spooked about the inflation and may raise rates sooner. He has been watching to see if the inflation would feed through into pay settlements, if it does, interest rates may rise sooner than they would otherwise.

Average pay rises have edged up to their highest in more than four years.

No affordability issues!

An extra fraction of a percent on average pay settlements doesn't suddenly make an average FTB property at 5-10 x income affordable.

However, it will ring alarm bells amongst the hawks at the BoE.

Isnt the Banks level of worry over pay rises set at 5%, i.e. if it breaches that they'll worry. It's conveniently been just below that for a good while which enables rates to be kept low.

Sorry me to. but managed a 24% increase in May, (through promotion though)

good on you!!!

I don't have the luxury myself of an obligatory pay-rise every year.what I Do get is a load of tax cop-outs which more than make up for it!......but if a contract comes to an end and they still need me,I can negotiate a fairly hefty increase in my fees.

when you are self employed it's all about supply and demand!....as long as what I do is in short supply,high demand,my fees will be high.

just like construction.....when they can get guys overseas that can do my job better than I can for less then I have a problem......but that ain't just yet!

just like construction.....when they can get guys overseas that can do my job better than I can for less then I have a problem......but that ain't just yet!

You think they care in construction ? It's down to cost not just being better.