House Price Crash Forum
willing

Sorry But Some Of You Guys Are Lying!

No disrespect, but seriously you're not helping those of us trying to figure the market out!

A few days ago there was yet another 'what's your salary poll' and what a suprise we had loads of people in the 30+K bracket and loads in the maximum 80K+ bracket.

Sorry but I simply do not buy it - some of you are lying.

I'd reckon the average age here has got to be around the 30 mark. Now I'm 30, in the SE, in a professional job as a Development Manager for the largest government defence consultancy in Europe and guess what I earn?

Yep a whopping 36K + maybe 5K bonus if I'm lucky, and this is for a senior management position.

Now if I thought the poll on here was correct I'd be probably thinking 'oh shit, I'm on way lower than I should be', but you see I've been searching for another job for ages and it looks like most pay around 40K-50K for my kind of position outside London.

Now out of all my mates and aquantences (who mostly live in the SE or London) I am probably in the top 10. No one I know, even the city bankers, earn over 70K at my age, so unless this site is populated by OAPs some of you are talking sh1t. The mode amoungst my mates is around 20K and this is from a sample of 47 people 21 cambridge educated (mostly in sciences but with 8 in humanities).

Guys, don't lie about what you earn. . . what's the point? It's anon! Tell the truth so we can get a picture of just how overvalued this market is.

The time for talking sh1t is over - let's leave that to the VIs eh?

(apologies in advance to those few who really do earn over 80K, this is not targeted at you!)

Perhaps people thought the Poll was a self cert mortage application form!? :blink:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Give someone a form with a 'what do you earn' type question on it and wooooah! What do you know? Suddenly everyone becomes a tycoon. . .

No disrespect, but seriously you're not helping those of us trying to figure the market out!

A few days ago there was yet another 'what's your salary poll' and what a suprise we had loads of people in the 30+K bracket and loads in the maximum 80K+ bracket.

Sorry but I simply do not buy it - some of you are lying.

I'd reckon the average age here has got to be around the 30 mark. Now I'm 30, in the SE, in a professional job as a Development Manager for the largest government defence consultancy in Europe and guess what I earn?

Yep a whopping 36K + maybe 5K bonus if I'm lucky, and this is for a senior management position.

Now if I thought the poll on here was correct I'd be probably thinking 'oh shit, I'm on way lower than I should be', but you see I've been searching for another job for ages and it looks like most pay around 40K-50K for my kind of position outside London.

Now out of all my mates and aquantences (who mostly live in the SE or London) I am probably in the top 10. No one I know, even the city bankers, earn over 70K at my age, so unless this site is populated by OAPs some of you are talking sh1t. The mode amoungst my mates is around 20K and this is from a sample of 47 people 21 cambridge educated (mostly in sciences but with 8 in humanities).

Guys, don't lie about what you earn. . . what's the point? It's anon! Tell the truth so we can get a picture of just how overvalued this market is.

The time for talking sh1t is over - let's leave that to the VIs eh?

(apologies in advance to those few who really do earn over 80K, this is not targeted at you!)

It will always be the way when you have annoymous forum polls - people just suck :)

Im 26 (27 on the 3rd so i expect presents!)

26K here - irony is my friends are on between 16K - 22K and they all have 3 bed semi/terraces. Average for the area is 18K , go figure.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Give someone a form with a 'what do you earn' type question on it and wooooah! What do you know? Suddenly everyone becomes a tycoon. . .

A good proportion of my mates earn in the 80 k bracket. If you are working in defence it is often poorly paid but other companies and contract roles earn you over that no worries

Well I'm 30, live in South West (Wilts) and I am lowly paid in my company - I earn

mid 30K

Yep, but if you do you are in a minority.

I have no idea what you do, but 'supposedly' (and that's a bald faced lie by the media) we software and system professionals get paid well. So how much do you pay a senior business consultant or product development manager in this area outside London - 60K tops! 40-55K is more usual.

Now if you ask the man in the street what someone like that earns he'll say '120K?' - I know I tried this on my mates!

The fact is, when you get down to it everyone with a decent wage thinks 'I'm lowly paid. . .etc.' - it's a lie! I know because I thought that until I got up the bottle and suveyed my mates etc.

The guys who are lowley paid are on 15K. The majority seemp to be on 17K-24K. Above this and you're doing OK.

But hey, what would I know I get paid cr@p money, why only yesturday I was hearng of this guy who was earning £400K/hr for spanking Oysters. . .makes you think

Yep, but if you do you are in a minority.

I have no idea what you do, but 'supposedly' (and that's a bald faced lie by the media) we software and system professionals get paid well. So how much do you pay a senior business consultant or product development manager in this area outside London - 60K tops! 40-55K is more usual.

Now if you ask the man in the street what someone like that earns he'll say '120K?' - I know I tried this on my mates!

The fact is, when you get down to it everyone with a decent wage thinks 'I'm lowly paid. . .etc.' - it's a lie! I know because I thought that until I got up the bottle and suveyed my mates etc.

The guys who are lowley paid are on 15K. The majority seemp to be on 17K-24K. Above this and you're doing OK.

But hey, what would I know I get paid cr@p money, why only yesturday I was hearng of this guy who was earning £400K/hr for spanking Oysters. . .makes you think

And "spanking Oysters" is a euphamism for ... ?

And "spanking Oysters" is a euphamism for ... ?

No really. . .just spanking Oysters. . . the rock like things. . .he said there was serious money in it if you were fast enough to catch them

Guest Charlie The Tramp

400k/hr. :o

I could be tempted out of retirement for that, s*d the fishy figures. :D

Seriously, there are at least three doctors on this forum, you only have to check on the other 40.

Aerospace pays pretty well still.

EDITED:

Pays pretty well if your prepared to put in the hours i mean.

Edited by theChuz

It will always be the way when you have annoymous forum polls - people just suck :)

Im 26 (27 on the 3rd so i expect presents!)

26K here - irony is my friends are on between 16K - 22K and they all have 3 bed semi/terraces. Average for the area is 18K , go figure.

£18k average!

As you infer, who's buying all the houses in Tewkesbury? A 3 bed semi is around £170k!

I see there's now a lot of sold boards up in Tewkesbury as I drive to work.

There's a lot of cranes erecting new premises on the business parks too.

Have you ever driven up past the new Post Office building and seen them all. It's like they are breeding out of control!

I know! I applied for a job their once. Starting salary was good for graduate but the pay rises were very very limited. Much less than HPI!

Don't know about that!

Starting salary was rubbish. But my last two pay rises have bee 14% and 33% but then I've jumped 3 levels in the last 2 years and I threatened to leave! Only another two levels to go and I'm on the board. . .can't believe they pay mid 30K for that!

Hmmmm,

Not sure people are lying.

I am 34 and get a 60K basic + 20/30 commission on good year. I probably get paid slighlty less than most people in my age bracket at the company I work at. My job is IT sales.

I think that most people working for city banks or large technology companies take home that kind of money

Strikes me you just work for a sector that does not pay well