House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
binbag

Its Not A Crash. More Like A Bump In A Car Park

Nov 2003, 4 bed detached E Mids valued for probate at £210,000. Possibly a bit low, but no comparable transactions around that time, so I think buyer at around £210,000 to £235,000 would have been possible.

Valued in march 2005 at £225k, £235k, £245k, £250k, £250k by five agents.

Went on at £245k.

Four viewings, no offers.

Price dropped to £210k.

Three viewings, three offers at £210k, £210k, £214k

Completed recently at £214k. Showing up in land registry, nationwide, halifax etc.....oh, round about now I should think. Should prove useful to anyone buying in the area as it establishes a new floor and nothing else that was on sale at that size has shifted.

So not a crash. But not a pretty market either.

Arhh, but the intoxicated drivers in the East Midlands' car park have yet to get out onto the road (bit of a traffic jam at the exit).

rest assured they will all be claiming spinal and neck injury / bad dream compensation too.

rest assured they will all be claiming spinal and neck injury / bad dream compensation too.

I think I'd settle for solid case of whiplash at the traffic lights. What I really need is a couple of "nasty traffic accident in house prices" headlines in the Guardian. Then my other half would then believe that HPs weren't actually going up and we can continue renting. My BTL landlord must obviously be pleased with his 2.4% gross yield....

House prices around the UK are "at or near" to London House Prices :o:o

With no real 'local' economies or housing pressure to speak of to justify these rises - they're going to suffer!

What is the normal ratio of UK/London house prices.

London region normally around a third more??

Well knock 30% off house prices around the country right now - and that's BEFORE the coming crash! <_<

Any house buying idiots out there ever think about that?

Yea house prices in London used to command a premium, but these days all the wealth generating private sector mugs (like me) in London are subbing all the 90k public sector chumps in places like Crewe.