House Price Crash Forum

Houses For Sale Review Site?

Since we review holidays, cars and small value goods on many websites, is there one that reviews houses for sale. I've wasted lots of time looking at places that had glaring faults papered over by the EA and sellers. Sometimes the faults themselves were actually the sellers! Is there a site where viewers can review properties ala Tripadvisor etc? It would be great to be honest with the faults as well as the good points and eliminate the time wasters before I even phoned an EA.

Since we review holidays, cars and small value goods on many websites, is there one that reviews houses for sale. I've wasted lots of time looking at places that had glaring faults papered over by the EA and sellers. Sometimes the faults themselves were actually the sellers! Is there a site where viewers can review properties ala Tripadvisor etc? It would be great to be honest with the faults as well as the good points and eliminate the time wasters before I even phoned an EA.

I've always thought Rightmove etc would be so much better if it allowed feedback but I can see why LA, estate agents and vendors wouldn't go for it!

Nothing wrong with posting reviews on sites like this

Or maybe build in reviews into an app like propertybee?

Brilliant idea that would let me put in rubbish reviews of every house I am interested in so I could pick up a bargain :D

then estate agents wouldn't use the site

Which would be a good thing wouldn't it?

Aimed at the buyers not the sellers. Get views for and against then at least if you go to view you can specifically ask about "the planning permission for the double garage, and the blocked outside pipes!"

One example cost me hundreds because I had to find it out myself in a survey and legal research. I bet they are obliged to tell such facts but lets face it, sellers don't.

the review site could be independent.

it could go along the lines of went for a viewing of 52 high street, main bedroom was big, other rooms were small, views were nice, road was noisy, asking price was too high. estate agent x was pushy, told me this and that etc ..

it could basically gauge people opinions like any review site.

I was only thinking that this would be a good idea a couple of days ago.

What I initially thought would be an independent website, but then got thinking that it would be good as an enhancement of Property Bee so when browsing RM it would come up with reviews of the house in question.

I would almost be tempted to start such a site, but my main concern with it would be the risk of being sued by some seller who can't sell their house because of bad reviews.

There is something similar but I can not remember the site. It allows you to comment on listings which can be seen by everyone. Don't think it was actually intended as purely a review site I think there was more to it. I added some comments. Cannot for the life of me remember what it was though!

I would almost be tempted to start such a site, but my main concern with it would be the risk of being sued by some seller who can't sell their house because of bad reviews.

because in many cases it would be anonymous, that would leave the site owner liable, it would need policing therefore very time consuming.

Does trip advisor get sued? Maybe the option for the vendor to reply to critisimn could be added

People have tried to sue them, a good few in the US and only 1 (so far as I can tell) in the UK - this was September last year and I cannot find any outcome yet.

I have seen a lot of fake reviews on Tripadvisor, some which appear to be competitors slating rivals and some from Hoteliers bigging themselves up.

Story in Daily Mail: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2053221/Hotelier-sues-TripAdvisor-accusations-wrote-fake-positive-reviews-causes-revenue-plummet-75.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Story on 'Tripadvisor Watch': http://tripadvisorwatch.wordpress.com/tag/evesham/