House Price Crash Forum

Not right under the flight path but not far off. The flight path is a touch further down towards Cheadle village (over the golf course and Bruntwood Park)

I live on the same road as that house and can honestly say that the planes don't bother me at all.

Can't be far from the envelope of the Sound Insulation Grant Scheme:

http://mag-umbraco-media-live.s3.amazonaws.com/1003/mitigationplusschemesplusbrochure.pdf

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Surprise; not.

and with this other agent (edit to add current rental asking price, £1,700 pcm).

I had it on my RM follow list (for 4 main areas I follow, CH, Bramhall, Wilmslow and Alderley Edge) - just thought it might fall towards some sense of what I think is value, but it did not. Another market participant stepped in to buy it. Done up and now on rental market.

Good overall area, but that particular road, at that end, not so appealing. Looks to be next to some big facility - think it's a very large electricity substation.

Edited by Venger

Surprise; not.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html?prop=36671883&sale=3894718&country=england

and with this other agent (edit to add current rental asking price, £1,700 pcm).

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-60145097.html

I had it on my RM follow list (for 4 main areas I follow, CH, Bramhall, Wilmslow and Alderley Edge) - just thought it might fall towards some sense of what I think is value, but it did not. Another market participant stepped in to buy it. Done up and now on rental market.

Good overall area, but that particular road, at that end, not so appealing. Looks to be next to some big facility - think it's a very large electricity substation.

Archived listing at £325K. http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-36671883.html

There really is no stalling yet is there? Have personally given up looking at the areas you mention along with Sale/Altrincham/Knutsford and even Macclesfield.

Peripheral areas in Cheshire seeing some reductions, nicer bits of Warrington looking very promising in that respect but most desirable areas elsewhere still holding well. Think it's gonna take another year or so, who knows.

Some work colleagues asked me about my prospective move to MAN and couldn't believe the house prices I was showing them, so naive about the so called cheap north!

Edited by Barnsey

There really is no stalling yet is there? Have personally given up looking at the areas you mention along with Sale/Altrincham/Knutsford and even Macclesfield.

Peripheral areas in Cheshire seeing some reductions, nicer bits of Warrington looking very promising in that respect but most desirable areas elsewhere still holding well. Think it's gonna take another year or so, who knows.

Some work colleagues asked me about my prospective move to MAN and couldn't believe the house prices I was showing them, so naive about the so called cheap north!

- Yes; I got that view having followed some of your posts. Wasn't able to add anything to those discussions because not been to any of those towns for quite a while - and only view is still thinking house prices there on expensive side when adding in commutes, traffic-routing delays - also in truth I'm just thinking back to my 15+ y.o schooldays when arranging meetups / stayovers with friends in Marple and Glossop was always more complicated than main group of friends in South Manchester general, and they had it each time they wanted to meet with us).

Read your posts and emphasised with your situation, with so many others in similar position (including family and friends). I want to encourage you to keep the hope, and still look to areas I've mentioned. That it couple play out for occasional opportunity for value for you. That BTLism is peaked and fewer BTLers will be in market. I do believe all that, but that house above sold for £300K in January 2016 and now a rental, really disappointment for me. And there's one very closeby that was sold for £250K last year (auction) but needed load of modernisaton. I see it's now on market for £600K all done up. And often time they've found buyers. This market. It has to change.

- Hehe. Yeah. Isn't it. I still push back against a lot of that on main forum, when many posters claim it's just a London and South East issue, with all the value you ever want in the North.

..New Mills/Glossop also quite appealing but understand traffic to be a nightmare, rains a lot (hence the mills?) and New Mills yet another area looking a bit expensive now.

We're popping up again over Easter weekend, staying in Warrington, to have another good ol' nosey around various places, budget would be 250k ideally for a standard 3 bed in a decent area which pretty much means the nice parts of Manc are out of reach and a fair commute will be needed, missus doesn't drive (yet) so a railway station is ideal.

I just have a bad feeling the optimism on here for a housing price correction with everything going on in the World still won't reverse the 50% increases i've seen in areas around London I hoped to *just about* be able to afford back in 2012 whilst saving a deposit, now that I've finally got my 10% together I despair at what i'm seeing and continue to pay my £1k in rent per month with no way out :(

• 2 weeks later...

- Yes; I got that view having followed some of your posts. Wasn't able to add anything to those discussions because not been to any of those towns for quite a while - and only view is still thinking house prices there on expensive side when adding in commutes, traffic-routing delays - also in truth I'm just thinking back to my 15+ y.o schooldays when arranging meetups / stayovers with friends in Marple and Glossop was always more complicated than main group of friends in South Manchester general, and they had it each time they wanted to meet with us).

Read your posts and emphasised with your situation, with so many others in similar position (including family and friends). I want to encourage you to keep the hope, and still look to areas I've mentioned. That it couple play out for occasional opportunity for value for you. That BTLism is peaked and fewer BTLers will be in market. I do believe all that, but that house above sold for £300K in January 2016 and now a rental, really disappointment for me. And there's one very closeby that was sold for £250K last year (auction) but needed load of modernisaton. I see it's now on market for £600K all done up. And often time they've found buyers. This market. It has to change.

- Hehe. Yeah. Isn't it. I still push back against a lot of that on main forum, when many posters claim it's just a London and South East issue, with all the value you ever want in the North.

<OFF TOPIC >

Did you go to MGS? My son had the same problems with friends out in Warrington, Glossop and Hale.

My school was in Cheadle Hulme (but I'm not an Old Wackonian - some of my friends are). One of my step-brothers went to Stockport Grammar.

I doubt I would have passed for MGS. Late developer. Also money was tight at that time.

One of my pals (and a renter-saver) has been to one of the MGS Business Class Series (former MGS guys done good), and has also spoken at a presentation careers evenings for years 11-13 and their parents. Just told me (over phone) it's behind the Toast Rack, with long drive approach, and corridors of portraits of Old Mancunians who went on to distinguish themselves. How the pupils he spoke with at the end of the evening so very intelligent and driven.

It's probably the same issue for many such schools, with friends from different areas, but also other upsides for many children and their parents.

<OFF TOPIC >

Did you go to MGS? My son had the same problems with friends out in Warrington, Glossop and Hale.

Edited by Venger