House Price Crash Forum
StandupBcounted

Advertising Slogan For Billboard E.t.c

If HPC were to raise the money from its members (yeh right) for a hard hitting advertising campaign, on billboards, bus stops, buses and taxies etc, what would be a good caption or picture or combination of the both to drive the message home and get peoples attention?

B*****KS (I've got a picture I want to add but can't seem to upload it, any tips or advice?!)

Anyway, it was a picture of an ATM machine with a roof on looking like a house with the caption: "Equity Release....Don't Bank on it!"

Edited by StandupBcounted

If HPC were to raise the money for a hard hitting advertising campaign, on billboards, bus stops, buses and taxies etc, what would be a good caption or picture or combination of the both to drive the message home and get peoples attention?

Picture of a house

What goes up, must come down, It did in 89-93 and it will again.

Boom and Bust is here again!!

i think the concept is a very good idea. if we have as many high earners on this site as stated in the recent poll then we wont have to dig so deep. we would only need to do it as a one off just to grab media attention.

I think the photo of a re-posession notice would be good.

with the underlying slogan:" IS YOUR INVESTMENT SAFE AS HOUSES?"

The photo of a house with about 5 for-sale boards in front of it would have just as good an impact.

.....for the TV version,you could have a series of red-letter bill reminders with subliminally flashing pics of monopoly/housing estates....all accompanied by the tune of "money's too tight to mention" by simply red!!!!

Edited by oracle

i think the concept is a very good idea. if we have as many high earners on this site as stated in the recent poll then we wont have to dig so deep. we would only need to do it as a one off just to grab media attention.

I'd be willing to stump up some dosh, maybe a blue peter style 'fundfometer' on the home page, we could also all send in milk bottle tops or something! The winner of a caption contest would have the first official billboard advertised in his/her home town! What do you think Webmaster? :D

you would be better booking a monday daily newspaper page. leave most blank aside for the winning bit and the web address. that would be more cost effective than a billboard and have a national reach.

or we could develop a soft toy called 'crashy' based on sarah beeny or curse'ty.

or toy transformers than go from being an asset to a liability in seconds.

or develop monopoly into:

btlopoly.

swap all the place names like mayfair and old kend rd, for redrow row and tinpot terrace. the aim is to go around the board handing over £2000 as you pass go with the aim of getting rid of all your money first. chance cards and community tax breaks help your cause. also the prices of the houses should have 4 noughts added which the salary stays the same.

Edited by right_freds_dead

I'd be willing to stump up some dosh, maybe a blue peter style 'fundfometer' on the home page, we could also all send in milk bottle tops or something! The winner of a caption contest would have the first official billboard advertised in his/her home town! What do you think Webmaster? :D

well if webmaster wants to get the party started then I'll chip in a bit.

or toy transformers than go from being an asset to a liability in seconds.

Yeh they could even have their very own certificats a bit like those f***ing ugly cabbage patch things, only these would resemble a profit loss and balance sheet!

If HPC were to raise the money from its members (yeh right) for a hard hitting advertising campaign, on billboards, bus stops, buses and taxies etc, what would be a good caption or picture or combination of the both to drive the message home and get peoples attention?

B*****KS (I've got a picture I want to add but can't seem to upload it, any tips or advice?!)

Anyway, it was a picture of an ATM machine with a roof on looking like a house with the caption: "Equity Release....Don't Bank on it!"

Well in my experience - why pay for for advertising when every News Agency, local/national newspaper will give you reams of free coverage for a good story with a catchy headline!

Get on your soapbox and tell us what exactly you want to say - and word it as though you mean it! :)

Well in my experience - why pay for for advertising when every News Agency, local/national newspaper will give you reams of free coverage for a good story with a catchy headline!

Get on your soapbox and tell us what exactly you want to say - and word it as though you mean it! :)

Interesting angle? You've got my marbles starting to rattlel around upstairs now, I'll get back to you on that one.. <_<

Been there, done this. Managed to get a whole current affairs program (mainstream). That's the whole program about 3 or 4 nights in a row dedicated to the issue. Lots of newspaper coverage and support from BOTH major political parties. Even had our group meetings in the council chambers with the Mayor a member of the group and had someone who is now a real political leader on the group too.

That was 11 years ago and the issue had nothing to do with house prices but it proves the point that it can be done. In my case we started with a public meeting and formed a lobby group out of that which then produced the press releases, handled the interviews etc.

It would be very helpful to get someone with experience as an elected member of a council or similar since these people know how to go about these things. Or at least someone who has seen what goes on with such things. :)